Best option to buy tickets?

Stevie Amsterdam

Original Poster
Hi all,

We're visiting Japan in March and we're doing 3 days of Disney. I have all the info I need, but there's just two things I need some help with. I'm staying in the Tokyo Bay Hilton and I still need to buy my park tickets.

What is the better option? Buy them at the Hilton, where they only take cash? Que up in the morning to buy them at the park (rather not)? In advance, online? You don't get a ticket (which I like as a souvenir) but rather a printout that you have to fold and keep with you for fastpasses.

Is there any (other) way to buy tickets in advance where you get real tickets (with the size of a credit card?)

Also, I've read that the Hilton is on the monorail line and that you need to buy a ticket to get on. Has anyone experience with this, can you buy tickets in advance or do you purchase them when you need them?

I'm tagging @GiveMeTheMusic since you're my guru when it comes to TDR ;)

GiveMeTheMusic

Hi all,

We're visiting Japan in March and we're doing 3 days of Disney. I have all the info I need, but there's just two things I need some help with. I'm staying in the Tokyo Bay Hilton and I still need to buy my park tickets.

What is the better option? Buy them at the Hilton, where they only take cash? Que up in the morning to buy them at the park (rather not)? In advance, online? You don't get a ticket (which I like as a souvenir) but rather a printout that you have to fold and keep with you for fastpasses.

Is there any (other) way to buy tickets in advance where you get real tickets (with the size of a credit card?)

Also, I've read that the Hilton is on the monorail line and that you need to buy a ticket to get on. Has anyone experience with this, can you buy tickets in advance or do you purchase them when you need them?

I'm tagging @GiveMeTheMusic since you're my guru when it comes to TDR ;)

It's a bummer to not have a card sized ticket, but buying online saves a lot of time. If you're fine with paying cash, buying at the Hilton is a good option to get a "real" feeling ticket, just be aware their ticket desk has limited operating hours.

The monorail stations all sell passes, up to 4 days in length. You buy the pass and then use to board. The passes are decorated with art reflecting the current special event at the park, it's neat. Alternatively, if you have a Pasmo or Suica card that you're using on the Tokyo train systems, you can use that on the monorail as well.

Stevie Amsterdam

Original Poster
It's a bummer to not have a card sized ticket, but buying online saves a lot of time. If you're fine with paying cash, buying at the Hilton is a good option to get a "real" feeling ticket, just be aware their ticket desk has limited operating hours.

The monorail stations all sell passes, up to 4 days in length. You buy the pass and then use to board. The passes are decorated with art reflecting the current special event at the park, it's neat. Alternatively, if you have a Pasmo or Suica card that you're using on the Tokyo train systems, you can use that on the monorail as well.
Thanks! I think 'll get the tickets in advance, just to save myself from the hassle. Also a big thank you for the Suica card tip, we'll defintely be using that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom