best offsite hotel for us

Yorick

Original Poster
Dear U.S. friends I'm Yorick and i come from Holland (Europe).
Next summer we(my girlfriend and i)want to go to Florida for three weeks (2 weeks wdw and 1 week to drive thrue florida).
My question is if you can help us to choose the best hotel for us.
We want to stay on an offsite hotel as close to wdw as possible, with a shuttle bus(we're not gonna rent a car the first two weeks), proper rooms and the room rate can't be more than 50/60 dollars a night (we're student's you see. tha cheaper tha better, maybe forget about the proper rooms:hammer: .) I've read on some forums that the shuttle busses don't drive on time and so on and so on, so maybe a hotel within walking distance from wdw is a good option.

In some brochures I saw a double tree club hotel on lake buena vista ( the one with very bright colours and a huge pinapple on the roof) They said this hotel was on walking distance from downtown disney so maybe we can walk to Downtown disney in the morning and take the wdw transportation system to the themeparks, or is this not possible from downtown disney in the morning?

If someone has an idea :veryconfu which hotel is a good option for us please tell me!!!

Love,
Yorick and my girlfriend margriet

WDWspider

Well, I can't offer much advice on this, but... depending on when you go you may be able to get the All-Stars (on-site) for $59 a night. There are many more advantages to staying onsite as opposed to offsite.

Also, I don't see how you could walk to WDW locations unless you stayed onsite. :animwink: I realize this may be your first trip, so that is not a feasible solution to your problem. You must stay onsite to use WDW transportation as well.

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
Hi Yorick,

If you need any assistance with your airport transfer let us know. A one way to the WDW area with Quicksilver is $ 45.00. The shuttle for 2 will be less of course, but will take you longer (Mears = $ 16.00 per person for a one way).

Contact us if you have any questions or visit our website.

Regards.

Gregory Nicolas.

:wave:

Tim G

Originally posted by Yorick
Dear U.S. friends I'm Yorick and i come from Holland (Europe).
Next summer we(my girlfriend and i)want to go to Florida for three weeks (2 weeks wdw and 1 week to drive thrue florida).
My question is if you can help us to choose the best hotel for us.
We want to stay on an offsite hotel as close to wdw as possible, with a shuttle bus(we're not gonna rent a car the first two weeks), proper rooms and the room rate can't be more than 50/60 dollars a night (we're student's you see. tha cheaper tha better, maybe forget about the proper rooms:hammer: .) I've read on some forums that the shuttle busses don't drive on time and so on and so on, so maybe a hotel within walking distance from wdw is a good option.

In some brochures I saw a double tree club hotel on lake buena vista ( the one with very bright colours and a huge pinapple on the roof) They said this hotel was on walking distance from downtown disney so maybe we can walk to Downtown disney in the morning and take the wdw transportation system to the themeparks, or is this not possible from downtown disney in the morning?

If someone has an idea :veryconfu which hotel is a good option for us please tell me!!!

Love,
Yorick and my girlfriend margriet
Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista... Reasonable prices
shuttle busses, clean big rooms...Just outside the gates...

barnum42

Re: Re: best offsite hotel for us

Originally posted by Corrus
Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista... Reasonable prices
shuttle busses, clean big rooms...Just outside the gates...

I agree. I have just stayed there, though I can not comment on the shuttles as I used a car.

Something else in it's favour to help those on a tight budget is that continental breakfast is free. It's nothing special - cold cereals, mini bagels, toast, oats, fruit, tea, coffee and orange juice – but it fills you up. There is also an assortment of other places to eat within walking distance.

Their website is www.comfortinnorlando.com/

Damico

We stayed at the royal plaza. Its a very good resort but you'll have to look around the net and mousesavers.com to see if you cna geta bargin. If you stay at this resort busses were on time and we were able to get a seat on them all the time.

hitogoroshi

It's true... the doubletree is in walking distance to downtown Disney!! There's great transportation from Downtown Disney to all of the parks throughout the day!! ou should check on some of the off-site hotel shuttle services, because soe of them have their last bus pretty early and you don't want to miss any of the fireworks or fantasmic!!!

Budahman

We have also stayed at Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista. We stayed there 3 different trips and mostly enjoyed all 3 stays there. Well, except for our last trip there, It was my first time seeing cockroaches in that hotel. I'm not really wanting to go back there-unless it an absolute necessity. It would work for you in your price range and it is very close to Downtown Disney.

I'm also trying to find an alternate hotel for my next trip in April 2005. I'm hoping to get a decent hotel for around $70-80.00.

Woody13

WDWspider said:
You must stay onsite to use WDW transportation as well.
Please stop spreading this misinformation.

All WDW transportation is available to anyone with valid admission tickets. You do not need to be a WDW resort guest to use the WDW transportation system.

jesserin

Woody13 said:
Please stop spreading this misinformation.

All WDW transportation is available to anyone with valid admission tickets. You do not need to be a WDW resort guest to use the WDW transportation system.
Woody - though you are correct it you don't get caught the official disney rules are for guests of the resorts only... They rarely check but it has happened - in fact it happened to us just a couple weeks ago when we met our friends in Downtown Disney they had just flown in from the airport and got a transfer to DTD b/c it was cheaper - we met them there and before boarding the bus the driver asked them where they were staying - we told them they were checking in and he informed us that they needed to get off at the first bus stop when we arrived.

You just never know - those are the rules however.

jesserin

Quicksilver said:
Hi Yorick,

If you need any assistance with your airport transfer let us know. A one way to the WDW area with Quicksilver is $ 45.00. The shuttle for 2 will be less of course, but will take you longer (Mears = $ 16.00 per person for a one way).

Contact us if you have any questions or visit our website.

Regards.

Gregory Nicolas.

:wave:
Yorick, I can testify to Quicksilver being an excellant company to use - we used them in December of this year and had a wonderful experience.

When using the Mears Transportation you are on a bus with 50 or so people all going to different resorts - therefore you are stuck at the airport until a Mears comes along and then stuck on the bus for 45min to an hour before they arrive at the Disney hotel area (Universal is first) Makes for an exhausting trip -

However - when using a trasportation company such as Quicksilver you will be picked up at the airport. A driver is waiting holding a sign with your name on it when you enter the baggage claim area - then you are taken to a private towncar where you are then transferred to your hotel - and if you like they include a phone call to home letting everyone know you arrived ok and a 30 minute stop at a grocery store to pick up sodas, breakfast food or what ever you'll need for your vacation.

All in all when you add it up - using a private transfer company really saves you time and money as Mears does let you have a grocery stop, you'll have long waits until you reach your hotel, it is all of a $10 differance and totally worth the extra for the great service you'll receive - trust me on this one - it's a great way to make your vacation more magical!

We'll be staying at Sunterra Cypress Pointe in July -- anybody hear anything about them? I would rather stay on Disney property but -- it's a timeshare thing my mom has so it's free for me (and it's a big family thing so I don't have a choice).

When my mom made the reservation, they told her that it was within walking distance of Disney. My mom told me that and I had to laugh. They made her think that it was so close to everything, that she could walk to the different theme parks! I had to explain to her (even after she's been there several times) that maybe she could walk to the edge of the property, but there was no way she (and us carring a 3 year old) would walk the rest of the way to the theme parks!

Michele

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom