Best must see Christmas decorations, parks and resorts!

magnanimous66

Will be at Disney World Dec. 26 to Jan 2, so Im wondering what are the must see Christmas decorations in the parks and the resorts. Planning on a day to resorts hop and having dinner at Disney springs. The other day will be spent parks.

Nemo14

Beach Club has a chocolate (?)carousel and Yacht Club has a model train setup. I believe it was the Swan that had a tree made of stacked poinsettias with a train circling it. Grand Floridian is very classicly decorated and there's a life size gingerbread house inside.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

I had a great day resort hopping to see the holiday decor two years ago. Definitely see the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge. For something completely different, check out the Polynesian. The trees and wreaths and all are decorated with tropical flowers. As for the parks, make sure you see the Christmas castle show. It is one of my favorites of all time.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

Will be at Disney World Dec. 26 to Jan 2, so Im wondering what are the must see Christmas decorations in the parks and the resorts. Planning on a day to resorts hop and having dinner at Disney springs. The other day will be spent parks.

This is probably not popular, but I love the old fashioned Christmas decorations (last year) in HS. They used old silver and gold tinsel, and everything looked like it came from the 50 and 60's.

Upvote 0

magnanimous66

Original Poster
This is probably not popular, but I love the old fashioned Christmas decorations (last year) in HS. They used old silver and gold tinsel, and everything looked like it came from the 50 and 60's.
I love retro Christmas decorations. Reminds me of how my Grandparents would decorate for Christmas. They would have fake birds through out the Christmas tree and you could flip a switch and the birds would start singing. They loved birds, and of course they had the huge Christmas colored light bulbs that would get red hot.

Upvote 0

Hula Baloo

Resort hopping is the best during Christmas time. Each resort has their own themed decorations. Grand Floridian has a life-size gingerbread house with an actual store inside. You can't go inside, but the cast members are inside with a cash register. Beach Club has a gingerbread carousel and Yacht Club has a Christmas village on display. The Christmas trees at GF, WL, AKL are very tall and impressive.

Other than that, Main Street in Magic Kingdom is amazing during Christmas. Especially when Cinderella's castle is lit up and covered in the icicle lights.

Upvote 0

m steve

The Wilderness Lodge decorations are the best of any resort. The gingerbread house at Grand Floridian is also well worth seeing. My favorite Christmas tree is at EPCOT near the entrance to the World Showcase. There are countless places at WDW where the decorations will impress.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom