Best Moderate for Disney Honeymoon

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Hello Gang! I am a LONG time lurker and now finally have the guts to post :happy:. Me and my fiancee have started planning our Disney Honeymoon. We would Love to stay at AKL but that just dose not seem to be in our price range even with a split stay :(. However I wanted to know pros and cons for the moderate resorts for a Honeymoon. We will be staying the first or second week of November 2015, our wedding is the 7th!!! We are both huge Disney Fans, and have made trips with our families, this will be our first trip to the World together!

My favorites so far have been the PO Riverside or the Caribbean Beach, so any comparison on those two in-particular would be much appreciated! Also if anyone has any suggestions or Disney Honeymoon advice as well I would love to hear it!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Boy oh boy. My favorites are POR and the FQ but for a Honeymoon I'd say CS. That resort has some very lovely pool areas, the strolling areas at night are so charming. The rooms have a dark and warm motif. Their hot tub is lovely and the main pool is spacious. You can walk those grounds forever and they are full of lovely plants and little sitting areas. Choice #2 would be POR for being able to get away from others on large grounds. Where I do like the
FQ, it is tight, the pool is crowded and there is only one. The hot tub is nice but tiny as is the food court without a sit down restaurant.

Upvote 0

mousehockey37

Instead of going on the Disneymoon right away, why don't you wait, save up a little extra money and take the Disneymoon that you WANT to take. I understand the traditional side that you get married and take off for a week or so, or it may be that you want to see the parks in their holiday luster, but it sounds like you're both Disney die hards and you want the AKL badly (and trust me, a Savannah view room is WELL WORTH IT!!!!), so do that.

I'd talk it over, see what each of you thinks about it and go from there. It's not a mandatory thing that you leave right from the wedding and head out on your honeymoon. I'd still take a little time off after the wedding and maybe do a small inexpensive getaway, or just stay home and relax since all the wedding stuff will be done though. But if you want to do a Disneymoon and you have somewhere you WANT to stay, then do that. I wouldn't rule out what you're asking for now, but I also wouldn't exactly want to have to settle for a your 2nd best on your Disneymoon either.

ETA: If you choose to go with something along the lines of what I suggested, an option for your registry could be that you ask for Disney gift cards (you can use them to help pay for your trip).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zakattack99

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
mousehockey37, while I do appreciate your advice, unfortunately due to personal reasons it is looking like that our best option for a Disneymoon would be to take it after our wedding. We are more traditional in that way as well but other members of our family have done the rout you outlined in the past, it just dose not seem to be the best option for us. I will say that its not that we can't necessarily afford the AKL, its tight but possible, its more the fact that its ALLOT of money for a young newlywed couple. That is why we are considering the Moderates. That being said we probably will not book till after the first of the year so we are still just trying to see what is out there and see what other experiences have been as well as Disneymoon experiences!

PS Thanks Gabe! I do know that my Fiancee is a little freaked out by the Mardi Gras figures around POFQ so idk if that is really an option:p! However she seems to like the charm of the Riverside!

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

I would go with CSR! IMHO its the most Adult friendly out of the Mods and there are more amenities offered here than the others as well to include a Health Spa and Salon.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

We would Love to stay at AKL but that just dose not seem to be in our price range even with a split stay :(.
(Hopefully) In your lifetime you'll have one wedding ceremony and one Honeymoon. As you're both Disney Fanatics you'll get many trips to WDW during your new life together.

You've got to get to AKL for your Honeymoon - you won't regret it (life's too short not to do the things you want to)

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

We did a "test" honey moon trip to Disney the year before we got married and stayed at then Dixie Landing, now Port Orleans Riverside. It was very nice. Of course after my soon to be DW saw the deluxe resorts that was where we have stayed since. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

PoppinsFan

I would choose Riverside or French Quarter. I love the boat rides to DTO, much better than being crammed in a bus. With that being said it is your honeymoon, you will have fun at whatever resort you choose.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Riverside or French Quarter would be my choices. My sister disneymooned at Riverside, in a royal room last October and they absolutely loved it. They thought it was perfect. The horse-drawn carriage rides at night, the relaxing atmosphere and boats to DTD.

Upvote 0

Chernaboggles

Disney Honeymoon Advice: Don't worry about not being able to afford AKL this time. Everybody loves to upsell newly-weds on EVERYTHING, but try not to get wrapped up in the "OMG HONEYMOON IS THE MOST IMPORTANT VACATION EVER!!!" hype, because it really isn't true. People will try and sell you the "best" thing (read: most expensive) for your wedding and honeymoon, but you don't need the "best" thing. You need the RIGHT thing - right for your individual taste, for your budget, the right fit for your life right now.

The honeymoon, like the wedding, is the starting point of your lives together, NOT the crowning jewel. Weddings are wonderful, but they're also very stressful and exhausting. A lot of brides and grooms wake up after the wedding feeling like they've been run over by a big happy truck, so plan a lot of time to relax and unwind. Don't overschedule yourselves, especially in the first few days. Put big stuff (shows, expensive dinners, etc) towards the end, after you've had time to recover.

Upvote 0
If you choose to rent Disney Vacation Club points, you could stay in a studio room at Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House) or Kidani Village for the same price as a moderate resort. You would not receive mousekeeping every day, just trash and towel service on day four and a full cleaning on day eight if you are there that long. You can always get clean towels at the pool if you need them.

Upvote 0

Sammy Mouse

Riverside for sure!
It's just beautiful and so relaxing!
Never been on honeymoon myself but if I had to pick it would be there!
Maybe treat yourself to a royal room or if not stay in one of the mansions the rooms are lovely there too.
Being able to take the boat to DD is an extra plus too.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

As for a moderate for a honeymoon id probably go with Port Orleans FQ though I have heard quite a few did Riverside. Coronado Springs wouldn't be bad either. My preference though I'd say FQ

Upvote 0

epcot2004

We honeymooned at PORS (Dixie Landings back then). We stayed at CBR and hated it because it is too big, have not stayed at CSR; only visited to eat. Either side of Port Orleans is still our go-to if we need to save money. Great theming, spread out but not too big, boat to Downtown.

Upvote 0

awheartsdw

When my husband and I married 14 years ago, we stayed at Coronado. It was beautiful and offered a lot of romance. The hammocks along the beach allow for a lot of together time- day or night, as did the boats at the boat rental, the ambiance at night was great. We spent a lot of time at the pool after full days at the parks and there was just something about the dark night sky, the resort lighting, it exuded romance. It was like the inside of the Mexico pavilion at your resort. Listen, any hotel you stay in will create your own memories and will be fun and exciting in your own way, value, moderate or deluxe. Coronado will always have a special place in our hearts even though The Contemporary has become our favorite. We even took our daughter back to Coronado two years ago so we could experience that hotel where we spent our honeymoon with our daughter and the family that we have as a result of our marriage.

Upvote 0

NWDMD

We did our honeymoon at French Quarter 10 years ago. I like it because it is so small and intimate. There are a lot of water view rooms that are nice as well.

My second choice would be Coronado Springs. It has the feel of a much more expensive resort.

CBR felt too spread out for us.

We love Riverside as well if we can get the right room location.

Honestly, we've stayed at a few of the deluxe resorts and every time, I leave feeling like I paid way too much (even with a significant discount from their military deals). Although as my family has grown, our needs have changed as well. We're much more likely to stay off property now at either Orange Lake Resort or renting a house.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

My husband and I stayed at Coronado Springs for our honeymoon over 13 years ago. We are returning there in February and can't wait to share it with our son! It is a great resort for honeymooners as there are typically less children there then other resorts. I say you can't go wrong with a honeymoon at CSR!

Upvote 0

ArielLover

We stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon, King Bed Room. Great view of the water. We are also not big fans of the mardi gras theme but the smaller resort far and away makes up for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Scott10

Honeymoon I would probably go with Coronado Springs.....but, our family loves Riverside and I would think a Royal Room would make for a great honeymoon as well!

Upvote 0

don guy

Honeymoon I would go with Coronado Springs we love it there. we are going for our 20th anniversary 1-31- 2-6 it will be our 5th time staying at this great resort.. can't wait to be home again good luck what ever you decide I'm sure you will have a wonderful time..

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom