Best moderate bus transportation

cdinsey

Original Poster
Hi all,

We stayed at POP last fall. This trip we are looking to stay at a moderate with the best bus transportation. We are between POR, CBR, and french quarter.

Last trip, most of our nights included closing out MK. The POP bus line was brutal after park closing. We maxed out at about 200,000 steps that trip and we were dead by the end of each night. So we don’t mind walking/resort size because we like to walk. We just hated that never-ending POP line.

I know the lines are probably all bad after MK closing, but even if there is a mod resort that would be even a little shorter than that pop line we’ll take it. Our favorite of the moderate options is POR but just looking for the opinions of what moderate bus transport is best!

Minnesota disney fan

We have stayed at POFQ and with it's one bus stop, if you have a number of ECV's at the one bus stop, it gets crowded. And with one bus stop, the lines for HS and MK are huge, at least when we were there end of FEb/ first of March. So, even though it is a smaller resort, having one bus stop doesn't mean that it is quick and easy. I have seen it busy, crowded, with long lines and delays.
We have stayed at POR, and even with 4 bus stop, we have never had a problem. I know that it gets a bad rap about buses, but we have never seen it in our many stays at POR. We love everything about POR, but made the switch to POFQ because of my husbands mobility issues. There are a lot of people with mobility problems at POFQ. If not for that, we would never leave our favorite resort, POR>

jaklgreen

POR and POFQ do not always share a bus. It is usually just during the slower, midday times. In the morning and evenings, they have their own buses. And they have their own bus from the parks usually. We feel that both of those resorts are centrally located and it does not take too long to get to any of the parks. Plus the boat to DS is a plus.

Yellow Shoes

Not really the answer to your question, but as I recall, MK stays open for quite some time after the fireworks end--the other parks not at all. If you can find a good place to sit for people-watching, you can at least be comfortable whilst waiting for the crowd to disperse somewhat.
No worries--no one will let you stay in a park all night.

UNCgolf

Thanks to all for the advice! Really appreciate it!

I think we are going to go with POR. Thanks @Minnesota disney fan for the insight, you helped push POR over french quarter for us

I think you made the right choice; I absolutely love Port Orleans Riverside. It's so much quieter than most of the other Disney resorts too.

I'd recommend staying in the Royal Guest Rooms. They're slightly more expensive because of the theming -- which I don't care about -- but I think they're in the best location at the resort. There's two separate bus stops within a 5 or so minute walk, you can get to the lobby/food court within roughly 5 minutes as well, and you can actually walk over to the French Quarter to go to their superior food court (at least for breakfast) and other things in about 10 minutes as well.

Rob562

Not really the answer to your question, but as I recall, MK stays open for quite some time after the fireworks end--the other parks not at all. If you can find a good place to sit for people-watching, you can at least be comfortable whilst waiting for the crowd to disperse somewhat.
No worries--no one will let you stay in a park all night.

Unless there's a hard-ticket or special event they need to clear the park for, security won't start ushering people toward the exits until at least an hour after posted closing time of the park. Might be a little earlier in AK because of the animals, but you can definitely hang back for quite a while in the other three.

-Rob

UNCgolf

Unless there's a hard-ticket or special event they need to clear the park for, security won't start ushering people toward the exits until at least an hour after posted closing time of the park. Might be a little earlier in AK because of the animals, but you can definitely hang back for quite a while in the other three.

-Rob

On my last trip, we had a late dinner at Via Napoli (8:30 or so reservation). When we were done eating, the park had been closed for roughly 30 minutes and the World Showcase was almost completely empty. It was fantastic -- we walked around and had all the pavilions basically to ourselves to look at the details and the night lighting without crowds. I'm not sure how late we stayed, but no one ever asked us to move towards the exits. We really enjoyed it.

Yellow Shoes

On my last trip, we had a late dinner at Via Napoli (8:30 or so reservation). When we were done eating, the park had been closed for roughly 30 minutes and the World Showcase was almost completely empty. It was fantastic -- we walked around and had all the pavilions basically to ourselves to look at the details and the night lighting without crowds. I'm not sure how late we stayed, but no one ever asked us to move towards the exits. We really enjoyed it.
You are correct. We were in a similar situation with late dining at Epcot. No one rushed us out, but nothing was open. It is really cool to feel like you are the only person in a park.
What I should have clarified is that parts of MK (Emporium, ??bakery) are open for a while after the fireworks end.

ppet

We've stayed at POFQ several times and never had problems with the buses. But after staying at AoA and using the trams, I would definitely pick CBR.

StarshipDisney

If you stay at POR, then try to get a room closest to the West depot or walk to it anyway.

We stayed at POR in Dec 2018 and, although not the closest, walked to the West Depot as it was the first stop. 1st day, the bus almost filled up at the West depot and only took a few on the 2nd stop. Skipped the remaining stops.

2nd day, the bus completely filled up at the West depot. We watched the crowd at other bus stops as we drove by.

After that, we drove as the car was much closer to our room then the bus stop was. We did not like the bus service at POR. Hopefully your experience will be better.

Minnesota disney fan

If you stay at POR, then try to get a room closest to the West depot or walk to it anyway.

We stayed at POR in Dec 2018 and, although not the closest, walked to the West Depot as it was the first stop. 1st day, the bus almost filled up at the West depot and only took a few on the 2nd stop. Skipped the remaining stops.

2nd day, the bus completely filled up at the West depot. We watched the crowd at other bus stops as we drove by.

After that, we drove as the car was much closer to our room then the bus stop was. We did not like the bus service at POR. Hopefully your experience will be better.
The West bus stop was probably full because everyone is walking over to the West Depot trying to get on first?

Herdman

We've never had a problem when staying at POFQ. I think maybe one time in the 3 stays we've had there did they share with POR. One bus stop right out front of a relatively small resort can't be beat.

daisyduckie

They will then send a bus to the depots that are skipped. Using the ones closest to your room is the easiest thing to do.

Raineman

Been to POFQ twice both times never shared bus with POR.
We've stayed at POR once and POFQ once, and every time we were on a bus, it was just for that one specific resort. To add to that, there was only one day at POFQ where the lineups got messy at the bus stop, where you couldn't tell what line was for which bus, but at POR, almost every morning it was a mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom