Best MK Ride During Wishes?

Jim Buck

BTMRR rode it last March back to back without getting out during wishes and saw most of the show in the two rides combined.

blueboxdoctor

Splash is great and so is the TTA, both are awesome.

I've done Splash Mountain many times for it (also shorter lines), not sure if I did TTA, will have to check that out, my problem is I never want to miss the fireworks, now, the parades, yes, I'll miss, not a huge fan though they are good.

NYwdwfan

We loved going on Dumbo during Wishes. Not only was the view perfect, but since it was empty in that area they let us ride again without getting up.

A few years back we were at MK the same night as really close family friends and rode Dumbo during Wishes. It's one of my favorite Disney memories - watching my kids - each sitting with their best friend in an elephant and pointing at the fireworks. Makes me tear up just thinking about it.

saibasabu

HANDS DOWN! Dumbo! Close by and elevated views above the crowds and trees. They always let you stay in your seat for as many rides as you'd like. I must've taken 50 pictures of the last time I rode Dumbo during Wishes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 53

Aurora1

Definitely Big Thunder! Last trip we timed it perfectly to get on BTMRR right as the fireworks started. It was the perfect way to finish up a day at the MK!

HouCuseChickie

I like BTMRR better than Splash since you're outside more. Case in point, we had one trip where we were on Splash during Wishes and we were about 2 seconds off from perfection- i.e. coming to the top for the big drop just as the finale is going off. We heard the finale and saw the smoke, but had we been on BTMRR we would have seen it all.

I can see how Dumbo could be really good. We did watch from the Peoplemover last trip and that was fun. Most of my pics are between bad and awful, but you get a number of good views while you're on the ride.

I do like the view from the BOG bridge, but you will find yourself torn between watching the lower level displays features from the castle vs. the big aerials going off behind you with Beast's castle as the backdrop.

I had also tried to time SDMT with Wishes last trip, but I was about 10 min off. We did stay in the area for a little bit though and it was kind of scary because we were definitely in a fallout area for embers.

jayhawkmickey

Had the *exact* same thing happen once. No contest, the best view of Wishes from anywhere in the park. (Timing that is tricky, though.)
I agree! Couldn't do that on purpose in a hundred tries. Great moment though and glad I was lucky enough to be there to see it.

Goofy_guy

Last time I was there the group I was with was standing in the outer part of the BTMR queue while the show was going on and it was the best view of fireworks I've seen.

MrDee

Yea that would be fun,

for the whole 20 seconds of coaster time. ;)

The first time my wife and I rode 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, the ride stopped at an upward incline right during Wishes. One of the best moments of my many visits to The World. The coaster stopped for about 3 minutes, and we just SAT in the glory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom