Best land at Island's of Adventure poll

What is the best Best land at Island's of Adventure in your opinion?

• Port of Entry

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Marvel Super Hero Island

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Toon Lagoon

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Skull Island

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jurrasic Park

• The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Hogsmeade

Votes: 35 63.6%
  • Lost Continent

• Seuss Landing

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

lebeau

As easy as the Studios poll was, this one is legit hard! I couldn't decide so I went with Port of Entry which gets every day at IOA off to an amazing start. The only shortcoming is obviously it has no rides.

Every other land, I found myself weighing theme and attraction line-ups. I can rule out Skull Island because it's not a full land. And Lost Continent is awesome to walk through but it's barely hanging in there. I can make a legitimate argument for every other land, so I decided to call it a tie and vote for POE.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
As easy as the Studios poll was, this one is legit hard! I couldn't decide so I went with Port of Entry which gets every day at IOA off to an amazing start. The only shortcoming is obviously it has no rides.

Every other land, I found myself weighing theme and attraction line-ups. I can rule out Skull Island because it's not a full land. And Lost Continent is awesome to walk through but it's barely hanging in there. I can make a legitimate argument for every other land, so I decided to call it a tie and vote for POE.
Yeah it's truly hard because the park is truly fantastic. Port of Entry is awesome! Yeah Skull Island barely counts 😅

Tom Morrow

1. Hogsmeade
2. Lost Continent (what's left of it)
3. Port of Entry

I used to put Jurassic Park as number 2, but it's all torn up and has lost that isolated jungle vibe, I hope they can restore that eventually.

The remaining lands, Toon Lagoon, Marvel, and Seuss I've always felt are subpar and tacky looking.

Jon81uk

I love Jurassic Park as a land, for me it has the most atmosphere and feels very special to me. Hogsmeade wasn't open on my first visit to the park and I don't have the same connection to it. But in terms of rides it would be Marvel Super Hero land, but the look of the externals aren't great.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I like the polls. USO was easy this one is tougher. Seuss was very well done and has rides everybody can do, Port of Entry is also well done but has only shops, MSHI has some of my favorite rides but the theming is a little lacking so my vote is going to WWOHPH theming, rides, food and entertainment

I have to say Hogsmede. I do love Port of Entry. I use to love Jurassic Park. I just don't like all the change in that part of the park.

Would you let me know what changes were made to JP? It has been a couple of years for us. We loved Camp Jurassic. It was our favorite place of all when my girls were little. We had the best night dancing to the calypso version of the Jurassic Park theme behind the Discovery Center, exploring Camp Jurassic, playing in the water fountains, and riding Pteranodon Flyers over and over with no wait. One of our best theme park nights every. Ah. Great memories.

lebeau

Would you let me know what changes were made to JP? It has been a couple of years for us. We loved Camp Jurassic. It was our favorite place of all when my girls were little. We had the best night dancing to the calypso version of the Jurassic Park theme behind the Discovery Center, exploring Camp Jurassic, playing in the water fountains, and riding Pteranodon Flyers over and over with no wait. One of our best theme park nights every. Ah. Great memories.

In the last couple of years, the most obvious change has been the construction of the still unannounced raptor coaster. That's meant shifting some things around. The raptor meet and greet has a temporary home and there have been big, ugly mounds of dirt. Some people are worried that the coaster will be disruptive when it's finally done. The areas you described have been mostly unaffected.

Disneyhead'71

There is a bit of construction going on in the heart of JP land. You can see Camp Jurassic on the right side in the photo below.

FB-IMG-1589998171001.jpg

You can also see that one of the supports for the top hat element has been installed.

Photo courtesy Midway Mayhem on FB.

There is a bit of construction going on in the heart of JP land. You can see Camp Jurassic on the right side in the photo below.

FB-IMG-1589998171001.jpg

You can also see that one of the supports for the top hat element has been installed.

Photo courtesy Midway Mayhem on FB.
Wow! That is just "a bit" of construction. 😄

What is that going to be?

And do you know what the state of Jurassic Park River Adventure is? That is one of my favorite rides, but I think Hollywood changed their version to Jurassic World, right? Are they doing the same in Orlando?

Disneyhead'71

Wow! That is just "a bit" of construction. 😄

What is that going to be?

And do you know what the state of Jurassic Park River Adventure is? That is one of my favorite rides, but I think Hollywood changed their version to Jurassic World, right? Are they doing the same in Orlando?
It is a large scale Intamin Blitz Coaster with 3 inversions and a top hat element that will be close to 200' tall, similar to Stealth at Thorpe Park but with more theming.

stealth-hill.jpg

Other than a good solid refurb, there should be no major changes coming the Jurassic Park River Adventure in Orlando. They were given the choice of the Jurassic World redo that Hollywood got or the coaster. They chose the coaster. There should be several other small upgrades around the land. Specifically to the food and beverage offerings. The Watering Hole should be getting a retheme to Isla Nu-Bar with a selection of Tiki Drinks with cool plastic Tiki Mugs.

Isla-Nu-Bar-Etched-Tiki-Cup.jpg

It is a large scale Intamin Blitz Coaster with 3 inversions and a top hat element that will be close to 200' tall, similar to Stealth at Thorpe Park but with more theming.

stealth-hill.jpg

Other than a good solid refurb, there should be no major changes coming the Jurassic Park River Adventure in Orlando. They were given the choice of the Jurassic World redo that Hollywood got or the coaster. They chose the coaster. There should be several other small upgrades around the land. Specifically to the food and beverage offerings. The Watering Hole should be getting a retheme to Isla Nu-Bar with a selection of Tiki Drinks with cool plastic Tiki Mugs.

Isla-Nu-Bar-Etched-Tiki-Cup.jpg

That's awesome! Good choice on the coaster. The River Adventure is already pretty cool. Those drinks look wonderful. Wish I had one right now . . . .

Even though I still think Hogsmeade is the winner at IOA, with these new additions, JP World could offer some real competition.

Thanks for the info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom