Best hotels for couples?

jeanericuser001

My advice would be to consider a resort condo off property. My top preferred is typically Orange Lake resort. If you catch the prices at the right time it will give you a multi bedroom condo/house with living room, standard hotel bedroom, full kitchen, appliances, master bedroom, and a master bath with jacuzzi. Plus since its a bit off from all the craziness its actually private and more importantly, quiet so you can get a good sleep without waking up the next day to loud neighbors with screaming kids. Just be sure to clean up afterwards to avoid the cleaning fee. Other than that is pretty awesome.

NelleBelle

We liked Wyndam Bonnet Creek for offsite condo places. It was very close (forget which park but was in the "bubble"). Only thing was the weird parking--some was covered, some not, and it could be far from your building depending on parking space (our maybe that was just our building) 🤔 But very nice rooms, kitchen, grounds. We just told them at check-in we would not be around and did not want to go to their "sales" talk to buy their time share.

jeanericuser001

We liked Wyndam Bonnet Creek for offsite condo places. It was very close (forget which park but was in the "bubble"). Only thing was the weird parking--some was covered, some not, and it could be far from your building depending on parking space (our maybe that was just our building) 🤔 But very nice rooms, kitchen, grounds. We just told them at check-in we would not be around and did not want to go to their "sales" talk to buy their time share.
Thanks for reminding me. Be careful with the condo choices off site. Some are great places and some are actually time share traps that basically hound you till the end of time to check out their time share options. Some are also just cheap modified apartments that in truth are not nearly as good a quality as some options out there.

BASS

If you want R&R, I'd stay away from the value and moderates. Chances are you're going to have more kids at those spots.

Both the Swan/Dolphin tend to be much, much quieter than many of the Disney hotels. Those are good options if you don't want to fork out too much cash. If $ is no object, Four Seasons (like others have said) or any deluxe work. The Poly, Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge work. All have nice bars too. I also like the Boardwalk area, since there are plenty of dining/drinking options nearby. The Cabins work too. Enjoy.

jeanericuser001

If you want R&R, I'd stay away from the value and moderates. Chances are you're going to have more kids at those spots.

Both the Swan/Dolphin tend to be much, much quieter than many of the Disney hotels. Those are good options if you don't want to fork out too much cash. If $ is no object, Four Seasons (like others have said) or any deluxe work. The Poly, Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge work. All have nice bars too. I also like the Boardwalk area, since there are plenty of dining/drinking options nearby. The Cabins work too. Enjoy.
Depends on the time of the year. Animal kingdom lodge can some times get a lot of kids as parents want to give their kids the ultimate experience and having a zoo right in their backyard typically scratches that itch. The contemporary also gets a lot of families as location near magic kingdom tends to bring in a lot of families plus the character breakfast really brings in a ton of people. The poly is pretty much shut down right now with construction and it could be quite a while till that place is up and running. You could try the grand floridian but that one is typically best if you got a ton of cash to burn. The swan and dolphin are a nice choice though if there is conventions then all bets are off. The bigger the convention the more people it brings in and many convention visitors will often bring along their families to stay at the hotel. Considering all the costs combined with the lack of benefits now for hotel guests, you might be better off to go off site unless you are going during an off season period.

Sbk1234

Just remember, it's Orlando, so no matter how hard you try, you still might have a screaming baby in the room next door or kids jumping around in the room above you.
That said I still have fond memories of my wife and I staying at Port Orleans Riverside, pre kids, walking the paths at night and staying in Alligator bayou. Nice thing about there is that they have several quiet pools and most kids go to the main one so very easy place to relax.
Although I haven't stayed there since it was Dixie Landings, Port Orleans Riverside remains one of my favorite resorts in all of Walt Disney World. To me, it's like a Deluxe resort for the moderate price. Grounds are beautiful, I loved the quiet nature of the Alligator Bayou section. Some of my favorite memories were walking the winding paths through that area.
Now that my own kids are old enough to take care of themselves, when I see parents with young children, it makes me happy, since I know I don't have to watch them, and my wife and I have all the freedom we want. ;)

tpoly88

A lot of different ways you can go with this. I guess first is - what do you consider an R&R trip? Are you planning on going to the parks? If so, which parks are you favorites. Why I ask is:

If I wanted to stay on property (let's define - within the gates) at a nice resort and going to the parks was not the primary goal. Then I may look at Four Seasons, possibly something over in Bonnet Creek. Or at any of the Deluxe's.

If I wanted to go to the parks I'd probably look at YC/BC/Boardwalk -or- GF/WL for convenience and sprawling grounds.

If I wanted a bit of seclusion then AK may be the play.

As a dark horse, if the parks aren't involved - get a cabin in FW.
agree with you on this. like being in the boardwalk/epcot area. another option that is very nice, rooms big and service top notch is the Waldorf Astoria in bonnet creek or the new JW marriot over that way. ive stayed at the waldorf astoria a couple times and its a really nice place, only the Four Seasons is higher end.

Grumpy06

I would recommend SSR and stay at Congress Park. You can walk to DS and have your choice of numerous Restaurants and Bars and bus ride to parks isn’t bad.usually quiet and the quiet pool at Congress can be very relaxing with good views

NelleBelle

I would recommend SSR and stay at Congress Park. You can walk to DS and have your choice of numerous Restaurants and Bars and bus ride to parks isn’t bad.usually quiet and the quiet pool at Congress can be very relaxing with good views
Plus the new renovated rooms are really nice! We'd stay there again--loved it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom