Best Honeymoon Hotel for Disney Veterans?

CaptainAmerica

We did an Old Key West villa for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. It's much more spread out than just about anywhere else and it was nice not having any neighbors on either side of us for, *ahem*, "honeymooning." There are also far less kids running around OKW if that makes a difference.

grim-grinning_toast

Original Poster
...and it was nice not having any neighbors on either side of us for, *ahem*, "honeymooning." There are also far less kids running around OKW if that makes a difference.

I've never been to this resort, so I had no idea about not having neighbors?! How is that even possible at Disney World! My father-in-law to be stayed here once and talks about it as if he's remembering his old War buddies. It seems to be a resort that people really, really love. -searches prices immediately-

CaptainAmerica

I've never been to this resort, so I had no idea about not having neighbors?! How is that even possible at Disney World! My father-in-law to be stayed here once and talks about it as if he's remembering his old War buddies. It seems to be a resort that people really, really love. -searches prices immediately-
Instead of one large bulging with rows and rows of rooms, it's set up kind of like a "neighborhood." Lots and lots of individual buildings with approximately four units per building. I'm not an expert but I believe that the bedroom in one unit is up against the living room of the neighboring unit, so it would be rare for two bedrooms to share a wall.

One "con" of OKW is that the on-site dining is just okay. Olivia's is great for breakfast and lunch but isn't really an elegant dinner location. That may or may not matter to you.

DizneyPryncess

Aw, that sounds so romantic! I had never even considered the Boardwalk until this thread. Now I'm really torn!! I love walking on the Boardwalk when we go from Epcot to Hollywood Studios, so this sounds so enticing. Were you able to walk around even when things were closed?

Yes, you can walk around the Boardwalk anytime. I remember things being open pretty late. We had dessert at the bakery pretty late, I think they're open until 11. It's tough picking a honeymoon resort! We stayed at the Poly for our honeymoon, and loved it. But ultimately, our first anniversary trip at the BW was our favorite trip with just us. Now that we have little ones, it's a whole new ball game. :D

JasonDeyoung

I'm curious as to why you would suggest Riverside if you love French Quarter! Thank you so much for responding :) After all of these comments, I'm even more torn than I was when I posted it!
I LOVE FQ and will suggest it everytime, but RS has a more romantic feel. That's just my opinion :) If you want small, more intimate go FQ but if you want more romantic I'd go RS. Both have their really great sides. You honestly wouldn't go wrong with either. I've gone to both for anniversaries and had amazing times at each

Blairnicol

I've never rented DVC points before, does it really save a lot of money? And I love the idea of seeing the fireworks at night, but did it ever become annoying or loud? Thank you so much for your thoughtful response!!
You can usually stay at a deluxe resort for about the cost of a moderate (depending on the time of year). You do have to book some time in advance, especially with GFV, as the building is small & it fills up quickly. David's DVC Rentals is a great option. There are also several threads here that you can take a look at for research.

With the fireworks we were only in our room one night when they were going off, and we did not find them loud at all. At first we didn't know what the noise was before we realized that we could probably see them from the room and ran out on the balcony. We sat out there and watched the rest of the show with a glass of wine. It was wonderful. I think you can also see them from the main GF pool & beach, but I'm not sure if the buildings cover the view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom