Best Honeymoon Hotel for Disney Veterans?

grim-grinning_toast

Original Poster
Hello there! My fiance and I are getting married on November 1st and going on our honeymoon the day after our wedding. We're young, but we've been to Disney lots and lots of times. On our last trip, we stayed at the Polynesian on club level and it was so amazing. Beyond amazing, actually. We didn't even care that the entire resort was a construction zone.

So I'm wondering! Where is the best Disney hotel for a romantic honeymoon? I'm wondering about specifically which hotel will offer to most for us to do that will be romantic. Cost is obviously a factor, but please answer as if it weren't! We're spending most of the money on our honeymoon, anyway.

Thank you guys so much! :)

grim-grinning_toast

Original Poster
My vote goes to the GF. Of course, I'm a bit biased since that's where we went for our honeymoon.

Hey! Thank you so much for your response. What did you guys especially like about it? I'm thinking the Grand Floridian is kind of a front runner because Senses is on property and it's a very beautiful hotel. But I would love to hear what you liked specifically!

msbrit90

Congrats! My husband and I celebrated our honeymoon at Disney this past October.
We stayed at the Contemporary with a theme park view, it was amazing.

My husband actually surprised me with this ( he remembered me mentioning that I had ALWAYS wanted to stay there since I was little and he went and go the room/tickets without me knowing, best surprise ever! )

I'v only ever stayed at the value resorts (stayed at swan and dolphin but I was to little to remember)
I highly recommend the theme park view at the contemporary, that view is amazing, it so nice to watch the fire works, go to bed looking out at the castle and wake up with the morning view of the castle too.

Congrats again and I hope you have an amazing honeymoon!!!

JasonDeyoung

Id prob say Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian, Poly or Yacht Club.

Moderate Id agree with Riverside even though I love French Quarter.

HollyAD

I would say AKL. It can be a little cheaper than the other deluxe resorts and you get some unique resort opportunities. You could do some animal watching, relaxing at the pools, or grab some great food. I really enjoy to lodge feel at the resort. To me it is relaxing and I really appreciate the decor and architecture. We also enjoy having a glass of wine at the lounge near the lobby and taking in the ambiance. You can enjoy Boma,Sanaa or if you want an expensive dinner you can try Jiko. The only downfall of AKL is the location. It does take a little longer to get back and forth to the parks.

DizneyPryncess

My husband and I stayed at the Boardwalk on our first anniversary, and thought it was romantic. We took quiet walks around the Boardwalk loop at night. So peaceful and relaxing. We also rented surrey bikes, walked over to mini-golf, got dessert at the bakery some nights....it was one of my favorite trips! We also loved the location, being able to walk to 2 parks.

seahawk7

My husband and I stayed at the Boardwalk on our first anniversary, and thought it was romantic. We took quiet walks around the Boardwalk loop at night. So peaceful and relaxing. We also rented surrey bikes, walked over to mini-golf, got dessert at the bakery some nights....it was one of my favorite trips! We also loved the location, being able to walk to 2 parks.
I agree on the Boardwalk. The lighting at night on the boardwalk is very romantic and it is a short walk into World Showcase to enjoy a meal plus the Boardwalk has good restaurants as well.

Blairnicol

Animal Kingdom Lodge, if you are wanting to enjoy the resort. The pool is amazing and there is a ton of great food & activities. Yacht or Beach Club would also fit this bill. Great pool & tones to do b/c of the vicinity to the Boardwalk.

GF is also amazing. Close to so many other resorts to hop to, and the pool & beach here is lovely too. Great opportunities for food here, as well.

To save some $$ you could rent DVC points at any of these. We loved the GF villas. Right by the pool & beach & our room had a view of fireworks at night. It was also an easy walk to the Poly & this building is close to the main building to access the monorail.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

We couldn't decide...so we moved around. Before the wedding, we stayed in one of those amazing suites in the GF Villas with the entire wedding party, then we did the Beach Club, BLT, and SS. Best of all of them? BLT.

If we went back to do it again, we'd undoubtedly pick the Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge.

Scott10

My wife and I have stayed at AKL concierge level and it was awesome, but we fell in love with the location and feel of Wilderness Lodge during a stay there. If looking to go moderate, I agree with PORS and get a Royal Room so that you can go to sleep as the fiber-optic fireworks go off on your headboard!

grim-grinning_toast

Original Poster
My wife and I have stayed at AKL concierge level and it was awesome, but we fell in love with the location and feel of Wilderness Lodge during a stay there. If looking to go moderate, I agree with PORS and get a Royal Room so that you can go to sleep as the fiber-optic fireworks go off on your headboard!
I never got an email for ANY of these responses! Wow, thank you so much for this suggestion. I've always wanted to stay at Port Orleans. Does Wilderness Lodge have a concierge level?

grim-grinning_toast

Original Poster
If we went back to do it again, we'd undoubtedly pick the Boardwalk or Wilderness Lodge.

Really! Can you tell me a little more about the Boardwalk? It seems to be a hotel no one really talks about. Thank you so much for responding, I had no idea all of these people even replied to my thread. I seriously appreciate the feedback :)

grim-grinning_toast

Original Poster
To save some $$ you could rent DVC points at any of these. We loved the GF villas. Right by the pool & beach & our room had a view of fireworks at night. It was also an easy walk to the Poly & this building is close to the main building to access the monorail.

I've never rented DVC points before, does it really save a lot of money? And I love the idea of seeing the fireworks at night, but did it ever become annoying or loud? Thank you so much for your thoughtful response!!

grim-grinning_toast

Original Poster

Aw, that sounds so romantic! I had never even considered the Boardwalk until this thread. Now I'm really torn!! I love walking on the Boardwalk when we go from Epcot to Hollywood Studios, so this sounds so enticing. Were you able to walk around even when things were closed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom