Best Hollywood Studios Attraction added to the park

What is the Best Hollywood Studios Attraction that has been just added to the park.

• Toy Story Land

Votes: 35 11.8%
  • Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Votes: 52 17.5%
  • Star Wars : Galaxy's Edge

Votes: 210 70.7%

• Total voters

Karakasa

I would say RotR > Railway >>> Millennium Falcon, imo. Nothing (new) in TSL competes with them. Slinky Dog is a decent coaster, but it's just a coaster with an animatronic at the end. Aliens is a flat ride, and TSMM came out almost a decade ago. That said, with the Falcon, they really need to figure out a way to make it so the non-pilots can actually watch what's going on onscreen. I'm sure it's spectacular when you're pilot or copilot but the other 4 roles actually actively detract from the ride when you have to do them. Almost want to say they should just watch and not have to do anything. But, it's still a decent ride; it's not just a coaster or just a flat ride.

RotR in A-mode is spectacular, and even B-mode is great. Railway is really pretty and a fun little family ride. Both excellent .... Not really additions given both actually took up space once otherwise occupied, but worthy replacements for what was once there.

Marlins1

Finally rode ROTR. Enjoyed it and some moments were spectacular but I don’t see it as a regular must do. The pre-show transporter segment is long and seems like a tough part to re-ride. MMRR gets my vote and ironically it got the least marketing hype. IMO it is a great modern version of classic Disney story telling rides. MMRR and the Gondola are easily my favorite additions since FOP.

jaxonp

Finally rode ROTR. Enjoyed it and some moments were spectacular but I don’t see it as a regular must do. The pre-show transporter segment is long and seems like a tough part to re-ride. MMRR gets my vote and ironically it got the least marketing hype. IMO it is a great modern version of classic Disney story telling rides. MMRR and the Gondola are easily my favorite additions since FOP.
Agreed. ROTR is great but the reridablity is medium. Too much hype hurt it, IMO.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
That was the original plan, as the ride is running on a computer game engine new scenarios can be made quicker than having to render out huge amounts of CGI ala Star Tours then dropped into the ride.

Tonto

I do love MMRR, but ROTR is hands down my favorite ride in Orlando if not possibly the world.
really the gondolas over rotr. Don’t
Agreed. ROTR is great but the reridablity is medium. Too much hype hurt it, IMO.
Please everyone put the drugs down. You guys are nutz. It sounds a bit like sour grapes…

wannabeBelle

I also went with MMRR. ROTR is an amazing attraction as well but to compare one ride to an entire "land" isn't exactly fair. GE is cool but I'd like to see more from this area. More interactivity I think. Marie

UNCgolf

That was the original plan, as the ride is running on a computer game engine new scenarios can be made quicker than having to render out huge amounts of CGI ala Star Tours then dropped into the ride.

It still takes a lot of time and money to do that, though. Video game development is incredibly expensive.

Marlins1

I do love MMRR, but ROTR is hands down my favorite ride in Orlando if not possibly the world.

Please everyone put the drugs down. You guys are nutz. It sounds a bit like sour grapes…
No sour grapes and the drug is Cabernet. The gondola changed the landscape for some very mediocre resorts which improves the entire vacation experience so yes I think it has an impact beyond that of any one ride.

jaxonp

Ive been on the very best in the world. ROTR is unmatched in scope and scale but the actual final ride has a ton of misses and issues that other similar rides did better. Rise also seriously lacks thrill. It didn’t have to be universal but for it should have had more for the marquee attraction.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It still takes a lot of time and money to do that, though. Video game development is incredibly expensive.

They are using the Unreal Engine to create all the scenes, props and ships so they have the assets already available to them they then just need to build new "scenes" then use the software to design the new Missions and add them to the ride. Would still take time, just not as much as developing a game.

Tonto

Ive been on the very best in the world. ROTR is unmatched in scope and scale but the actual final ride has a ton of misses and issues that other similar rides did better. Rise also seriously lacks thrill. It didn’t have to be universal but for it should have had more for the marquee attraction.
I get it. We all have our own opinions, but I just don’t see the misses. It’s not a thrill ride but offered plenty of thrills for me and the large party I was with. Like I said, amazing ride!!! Saying this ride has misses is a bit unfair. I think the ride for whatever reason doesn’t register with you and that’s the real issue here. For the masses this ride is a game changer!

DKampy

So should Haunted Mansion and Kilimanjaro Safari have thrills? Not every marquee attraction needs to be a thrill ride…I just rode and the ROTR hype is real and deserving

Casper Gutman

I get it. We all have our own opinions, but I just don’t see the misses. It’s not a thrill ride but offered plenty of thrills for me and the large party I was with. Like I said, amazing ride!!! Saying this ride has misses is a bit unfair. I think the ride for whatever reason doesn’t register with you and that’s the real issue here. For the masses this ride is a game changer!
I like RotR a lot. It’s a great ride. It slots right in behind ( in no particular order) Spidey, Splash, Pirates, Hagrid, ToT, and, yes, MMRR as one of the best rides in Orlando.

But…

It features a lot of questionable decisions at the conceptual level. The multiple-pre-shows, while very effective in building and developing a narrative, sincerely hinder re-rideability (I can’t help thinking that, if you were loaded into ride vehicles right after Reys briefing and the other plot developments took place along the ride track, it would be just as effective). The first order ship is not a visually compelling or varied setting, the most vital element for any dark ride. The AAs are impressive, but ultimately they’re just humans standing around, nothing fantastical that only AAs could achieve - you could replace them with live CMs and not much would change. The ride also feels underpopulated. The choice to use the sequel trilogy means the ride lacks the iconic feel of the originals and robs it of some resonance, even if I liked the first two sequels. Related to this, the ride emphasizes one of the problems with the series - that Kylo, far from intimidating, seems like a clown who gets defeated by a ceiling tile. Oh, and it would be nice if we could have seen some cool force effects beyond “light dimmer.”

Now MMRR - I love pretty much everything about it. Despite the modern designs, it FEELS classic. It probably ties Spidey as my favorite Orlando attraction.

jaxonp

No rides like HM and Safari are perfect the way they are as they match the story. They aren’t STAR WARS. The most epic space opera deserved more. Ride it a few more times and you’ll see this. I’m not asking for a roller coaster here but theses Disney LPS rides are just too tame.

dreday3

MMRR - hands down the best addition at DHS.
I would go as far to say one of best attractions in all the parks. Homerun. Went on it twice. It's up there as an instant classic for me like Peter Pan or HM.

Also, a silly little ride, but Alien Swirling Saucers is so stinking cute! :D We rode it twice at night when lines were down to 10 minutes.

TomboyJanet

Galaxy's edge works in the true spirit of what Disney theming SHOULD be. Rise of the Resistance is a masterpiece of theming and roleplaying that leaves no trace of the outside world in sight. If they use this as a blueprint for new experiences I'd be very happy. Mickey and Minnie's RR is not a bad ride but I'm so sore over losing the great movie ride that it's going to take some time for me to warm up to it. Toy Story land is alright but It's really more of a six flags level experience

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom