Best FP rides for Kids

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
hi

I am trying to get the best value out fast pass plus, since we are going with our little one, it only has to be kids rides. Can anyone tell me the best 3 or 4 options for kids by park? thanks!

cw1982

Here's my suggestions:

MK:
Peter Pan
Winnie the Pooh or The Little Mermaid
A character meet and greet or parade... that way you know he'll have a good view. The parade FP won't open up until closer to your travel dates (assuming you're not going in the next few weeks), so you may want to pick an extra one just in case.

Epcot:
Won't really need them IMO, as he's probably too little for most of the e-tickets anyway. Maybe a FP for Illuminations so he has a good view of the show?

HS:
Toy Story maybe? (check the height requirements)... if not, there's always Fantasmic, and there are (I think) one or two shows that you can FP.
The Little Mermaid would be a good one to FP here, because the effects are awesome, but I can't remember if that's tier one or tier two.
The Great Movie Ride or Muppets 3D might be good as well... they don't generally get crowded, but with a little one, having a FP still might not hurt.

AK:
Any available meet and greet (I think you can do a FP for Mickie and Minnie)
Kilimanjaro Safari (pretty sure there's no height requirement here, but I could be wrong)

Honestly, you may just want to take my list and go down the line and see which things I've listed that he's tall enough for lol... same thing with anyone else's suggestions.

Have fun! :)

Last edited:

cw1982

So, age restrictions... My two year old, he will be 27 months old for our sept trip, will totally be tall enough for barnstormer. He's 35" barefoot. Do they check ages? He's super excited about riding a roller coaster.

I'm sure there's no way for them to be positive of his age, so the CM's working the ride will probably be relying on your honesty, but keep in mind that the age restrictions are there for his safety. Barnstormer is a pretty gentle ride as far as coasters go, but it's possible that his little body, mainly his head, might not be developed enough to handle the shaking of a coaster, even something small like Barnstormer. I suggest you talk to his doctor about whether or not he would be safe on such a ride, and use his or her advice to guide you on that one. I'd be afraid to risk it, but that's just me.

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
So, age restrictions... My two year old, he will be 27 months old for our sept trip, will totally be tall enough for barnstormer. He's 35" barefoot. Do they check ages? He's super excited about riding a roller coaster.
wouldn't they know because his magic band will show he's not a paid ticket. therefore he's under 3...

cw1982

wouldn't they know because his magic band will show he's not a paid ticket. therefore he's under 3...

Good point. While I don't think they would do this because, at most rides, they generally only scan magic bands at the fastpass entrance, it's worth noting that the poster risks having a seriously disappointed child on her hands if, for some reason, they are checking bands on that ride (since it is designed for little ones, the procedures may be a bit different). Might not hurt to talk him down from that excitement now than to have him be disappointed later. Plenty of time between now and then to get him hyped about Dumbo instead ;)

RememberWhen

Thanks guys! I had no idea there were age limits in addition to height limits. I feel kinda mixed about that. I agree that somebody under three probably shouldn't be on space mountain, but the goofy coaster is tiny. Why not let kids who are tall enough ride? The truth is it depends on the kid. I bet my two year old would love thunder mountain, but he's not tall enough. My neice, also two, who is coming with us won't have any interest in anything faster than small world. Kids are all different.
If he's not allowed we won't go, but as his mom I feel protective and want to fight for him. He'd really like it. He's ready and he's tall enough. I want him to be able to ride.

cw1982

Thanks guys! I had no idea there were age limits in addition to height limits. I feel kinda mixed about that. I agree that somebody under three probably shouldn't be on space mountain, but the goofy coaster is tiny. Why not let kids who are tall enough ride? The truth is it depends on the kid. I bet my two year old would love thunder mountain, but he's not tall enough. My neice, also two, who is coming with us won't have any interest in anything faster than small world. Kids are all different.
If he's not allowed we won't go, but as his mom I feel protective and want to fight for him. He'd really like it. He's ready and he's tall enough. I want him to be able to ride.

But often times, kids that age are not physically developed enough to be safe on that kind of ride. Shaken baby syndrome is a real thing and doesn't just affect infants. Surely you can see why Disney would need to protect themselves from liability and to protect their littlest guests?

Like I said. Ask your pediatrician why they have that rule.

belledream

Here are a few of my suggestions. I agree with a lot of what @cw1982 said!

Magic Kingdom
Peter Pan’s Flight
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Jungle Cruise*
Dumbo
Meet Mickey at Town Square

EPCOT
Tier 1(1 choice)

Either Character Spot for all of you, or Soarin'/Test Track for the parents (taking turns of course)

Tier 2 (2 choices)
Journey into Imagination with Figment
The Seas with Nemo & Friends

Hollywood Studios
Tier 1(1 choice)

Toy Story Midway Mania/Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster again for the parents,
otherwise secure seating for Fantasmic or Beauty and the Beast.

Tier 2 (2 choices)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
MuppetVision 3D
Disney Junior – Live on Stage

Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest/DINOSAUR for the parents
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Finding Nemo – The Musical
It’s Tough to Be a Bug*

*=might be scary, lol.

cw1982

Great additions @belledream ! I will say that Jungle Cruise was one that we got last minute rolling fastpasses for, so I'm not sure I'd make it a priority. I forgot about Nemo and It's Tough to Be a Bug at AK :)

SAV

MK:
Dumbo or Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
Jungle Cruise

EPCOT:
Turtle talk with Crush
Finding Nemo (This is walk on or close to it later in the day, but if you are looking for something to use it on)
Spaceship Earth (Same as above)

HS:
Disney Junior: Live on Stage
Great Movie Ride

AK:
Kilimanjaro Safari(For sure, 100% get the FP+ for this)
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo the Musical(We were able to walk right in to a later show right before start time and had a decent seat for it, but if you want up close seating, do the FP+)

Dwarful

Does your child have any ride experience? My girls were fascinated with any boat ride.

MK: has the most options for you
Peter Pan
Dumbo
Pooh Bear
Character Meet n Greets
Tomorrow Land Speedway (if he is 32 in tall he can ride with you)
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion - my girls were never afraid of this and all three of you can ride together
Ariel

Epcot:
Character Spot
Figment
Turtle Talk with Crush
Maelstrom
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land

HS:

Toy Story Mania
Disney Jr.
Little Mermaid

AK:
Safari
Tough to be a Bug

doctornick

Nobody has mentioned Enchanted Tales with Belle for MK, which is actually a very good option (in terms of saving time) if your children would want to do it.

I'll also say that I don't think Jungle Cruise is all that great an attraction for the younger set. It's tough to see out of the boat when sitting if they are not really tall and the corny jokes will go over their head. I'm not saying don't go on it, but it's not a priority IMHO given all the other options at MK.

Joey Jurado

Original Poster
Does your child have any ride experience? My girls were fascinated with any boat ride.

MK: has the most options for you
Peter Pan
Dumbo
Pooh Bear
Character Meet n Greets
Tomorrow Land Speedway (if he is 32 in tall he can ride with you)
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion - my girls were never afraid of this and all three of you can ride together
Ariel

Epcot:
Character Spot
Figment
Turtle Talk with Crush
Maelstrom
Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land

HS:

Toy Story Mania
Disney Jr.
Little Mermaid

AK:
Safari
Tough to be a Bug
Last year we went to Disneyland for his 1st bday. he hated king arthur's carrousel, other than that he enjoyed all the other rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom