Best first Disney cartoon movie for a 2 year old

6laurac

Original Poster
Please share your thoughts on the best first Disney cartoon movie I should get for my daughter.

I was thinking Beauty and the Beast but wanted to see what other parents suggest. :veryconfu

We are going next year when she's almost 3 (and still free) to Disney so I do plan on adding to this collection once I get it started too.

Thank you for any help!

WDW_Firefighter

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. My daughter (3) loves all of them. Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story, and Tangled are probably her favorites.

olinecoach61

We started with Cinderella, then went to Toy Story, and then tried snow white. Snow white scared our 2.5 year old. She adores Cindy and Woody! On a side note she has no interest in Rapunzel:shrug:

journ116

My youngest daughter (2 1/2) loves, Loves, LOVES the new "Winnie the Pooh" movie (we finally bought it a couple of days ago)! Who knew that that "fluffy little bear all stuffed with fluff" can still delight after all these years?! If it were up to her, she'd have it on a loop all day, every day! Prior to this movie though, she enjoys all the "Toy Story" movies, "Tangled" and "Princess & the Frog," in that order.

"Snow White," "The Little Mermaid," and "Beauty & the Beast," although classics, my youngest was a tad frightened at first view, but now has warmed up to them!

Hmmm....sounds like my family needs another movie night...time to break out the popcorn and snuggly-fluffy blanket!:sohappy:

Enjoy your movie selection!!:wave:

happymom52003

Toy Story, Cars, and Nemo were favorites when my kids were that age.

For princesses, I'd suggest some of the princess sing along dvd's. My daughter LOVED them, and that is how she became familiar with all of the princesses. She was not really able to sit through any of the full length princess movies until she was around 3 years old....but the sing along dvd's really held her attention when she was two!

CaptainShortty

I would start with something like Cinderella, Tangled or Toy Story. Those are good ones that aren't to scary. My sister as a kid was terrified of Aladdin and I for like 5 years thought the wicked queen from Snow White was going to come out of my closet. :p :wave: Stick to the "less scary" ones first and then move from there. Hope that helps!

britdaw

At that age, my daughter loved "Finding Nemo", "Dumbo", and the "Toy Story" films. :) "Bambi" was also a favorite. Hope you found one that your child loves!

HouCuseChickie

We have a decent sized Disney library, but for both of my girls...Little Mermaid was the hands down favorite from about 22mos to 2 1/2 yrs. They were each exposed to a good 20-30 Disney movies at this age, but no matter what I showed them - they could watch Ariel all day every day for weeks on end if I let them...and on days when they behaved like they were 2 :goodnevil I caved and let them watch it 2 or 3x back to back.

sublimesting

Our 2 year old loves the animal movies. She watched Lion King this weekend and loved it but was confused. It made me sad and my wife cried at the part where Mustafa dies. Our daughter said "Something happened to Daddy. He is sleeping and I miss him." Then later in the film when Simba grew up she said "The Daddy is back!" and then she thought that Nala was Simba. So it was very confusing for her but she loved it.

She also digs the Jungle Book, Lady and the Tramp and SNow White.

pescador1f

Sing Along Songs

My boy loved all the "Sing Along Songs" dvd's, still does at 3 1/2 years old, the Disneyland one is good, dated(80's) but entertaining, the Camping one is nice & Water Parks one, they go all over WDW & Disneyland so its good exposure. Toys R Us usually has them.

6laurac

Original Poster
Sing Along Song , I will look for that today. She loves music.
I got her Beauty and the Beast recently and will get Finding Nemo and Tangled too.

Thanks all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom