Best/Favorite Buy At WDW

djmatthews

Original Poster
There was a post previously not so long ago about "should have boughts at WDW". So I thought I'd ask the question:

"What is your favorite/best buy at WDW?"

I may aswell go first as I started the topic. One of my favorite things that I use an awful lot is a set of 4 WDW Drinks Coasters. They were $12 which I dont think is too bad. Everyone that sees them comlpiments them.... I think they're great! :)

Wishingtree

I have started collecting the die cast ride vehicles that are sold all through the parks. I get a couple each trip and have friends pick them up for me during their trips. Even the large ones are reasonably priced at about $15. The hearse from HM is excellent.

Jim

2much2do

We bought some great pasta bowls in Italy about six years ago, and we use them on a weekly basis. I love 'em! My favorite buy, though is the caramel popcorn in MK where you can keep the bucket and get cheap refills!!! My mom also loves the mugs. She collects mugs, both resort refill mugs and park mugs. She must have dozens!

Psssst.....only 16 more days!!!!!

Coronado

Our favorite.... stainless steel serving dishes (Mickey salad bowl that sits on a pair of Mickey feet....and Mickey hands Salad spoons...and a Mickey chip and dip bowl.. the two ears are for the dip and the head is for the chips.....we use them all the time.:animwink:

Attachments

• spinheadblack.gif
    spinheadblack.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 125

bjshade23

I collect two things from the world. One is that I get any Mickey or Goofy bean bag that they come out with.
The other thing that I must get when I'm done there is the Die Cast Metal things. I only get the small ones. There's only so much room to take stuff back with you.:lol:

Maria

Originally posted by 2much2do
My mom also loves the mugs. She collects mugs, both resort refill mugs and park mugs. She must have dozens!

Psssst.....only 16 more days!!!!!

I also collect mugs from the places I have traveled to. I have a "Florida" mug and from Disney, I have one from the Cruise and one of my favorite character Minnie, the"attractive" mug. :animwink:

Brett

Starting with my last two trips there are 2 definites I buy everytime I visit WDW:

1) The Magic Kingdom posters that you see when walking under the train station on Main Street. I love those things.

2) The Disney ride diecast toys. I've gotta collect all those :lol:

howlin_mad

Originally posted by Brett
Starting with my last two trips there are 2 definites I buy everytime I visit WDW:

1) The Magic Kingdom posters that you see when walking under the train station on Main Street. I love those things.

2) The Disney ride diecast toys. I've gotta collect all those :lol:

ditto

I've got many of the posters and toys at my house, but here in my dorm room I've got a Thunder Mountain poster on my wall and the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster toy sitting on my desk. Those things are awesome! Now I need to start collecting shot glasses for those important college, uhhh, study sessions.

Lance

I don't know if this counts............

I got 2 hours worth of Water Sprites for my brother and I for free!! A $72.00 value!

Every trip, my brother and I always bugged our mother till we got to rent the water sprites........

So we rent them at the POLY, I was like 12, my brother was 14.

So anyway, I felt the boat was holding out on me, I wasn't getting the maximum performance, so I chatted with the CM's, and they said, "we can give you another hour." And I said, "how bout you give me my money back." They gave me my mother's license back(you pay after, and my mother was at the POLY snack bar). Well when I told my mother, she was so proud of me, and it made our day, because as we all know those things are way over-priced.

The Mom

Premium Member
Many (10+) years ago I purchased a fireplace bellows at Morocco..they're decorated with hammered brass, and were very reasonably priced. Several people have asked me to get them one, but I've never been able to find one again!

GGG1

I agree with many others:

1) The Disney Ride posters are a classsic
2) The die cast ride toys are great and just another thing to spend more money on

One quick question, is there a way to purchase those posters without going down to WDW??? Are they available on-line anywhere or does the shop where I found them at Downtown Disney have a catalog or something???

The Mom

Premium Member
I forgot to mention my husband's favorite buy...an incredible dragon mask from the old main street magic shop. We've had kids running away from the door when he answers it on Halloween! ;)

disneyfan123

art of disney

Can u class Downtown Disney as part of the 'world????' ne way i bought a $75 piece of art from the Art of Disney store. It was the cell sketches of Mickey Mouse from the Sorceror's Apprentice (Limited Edition) It has to be the best buy. My favourite would have to be the snow globe of Cinderella's Castle that plays 'When You Wish upon a Star.' Bought this on the first visit.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
*only 79 days to go*

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The ride photos and blue screen photos . Video may record youre holiday, but the emotion sparked by a single still image cant be beaten. Have even started buying picture frames.
Just dont mention the pins!!!!

sig

Originally posted by disneyman15
My older brother started collecting the shot glasses they have down there and they were pretty neat.

I bought some shot glasses last year, although they rung up on the till as "toothpick holders" is this a Disney thing? anyone else experience this? or was it a one time error.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom