Best face mask for touring WDW

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
For being effective, a fitted N95 is best followed by a surgical mask. I bought my wife a few cotton eeyore quarantine mask shells with filter inserts.

Upvote 0

Herdman

I think an N95 mask would be suffocating in the Florida heat. From what I've seen of the Disney vloggers most seem to think that the paper disposable masks are the most comfortable. Just bring several per person because I'm sure you'll need to change them out a few times a day.

Upvote 0

ELG13

I second the recommendation that you bring several to use. They will be getting fairly sweaty and I would think at least one a day minimum. Maybe a second one for after the really heat of the day passes and you can put a clean one on. Also, and ear saver of some sort may be a good idea. After prolong wearing the back of your ears can get a little irritated..some people are fine with out but just a thought!!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

With the August heat everywhere you should be able to get a feel of how comfortable the one you have at home feels. FL heat and humidity will be somewhat more oppressive but if you are wearing one at home and its fine then go with the one youve been used to. I'd start doing a lot of walking around at home and wear it for lengthier periods of time because you may not be wearing it at home like you will in the parks. This will give you a more realistic feel of the long day use. The constant use at WDW will cause it to sweat up so definitely bring a few pairs to change out. Watching the many blogs, the guys in the parks are doing fine with just wearing the normal medical or cloth masks. They are highly suggesting that guests take advantage of the mask-free resting spots and keep more hydrated.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think an N95 mask would be suffocating in the Florida heat. From what I've seen of the Disney vloggers most seem to think that the paper disposable masks are the most comfortable. Just bring several per person because I'm sure you'll need to change them out a few times a day.
Change them out a few times a day? I've been wearing the same one since April.

Upvote 0

reptar77

I do HIIT in this mask. Stays in place and it is very comfortable. https://www.getmyster.com/products/myster-mask

MaskTransparent_2048x.png

Upvote 0

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I do HIIT in this mask. Stays in place and it is very comfortable. https://www.getmyster.com/products/myster-mask

View attachment 490612

Masks with valves can't be used in Disney or Universal.

Upvote 0

reptar77

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Just got back from WDW yesterday and I had a few different masks. By far the disposable ones were the most comfortable (around the ears, lightweight). The next most comfortable were the fabric ones sold by Disney and the ones we got from Tee-public. The homemade fabric ones I had made were the hottest maybe because of the quilting fabric I used. I would say bring several because after a couple hours of use they did get a little damp with breath and probably sweat (gross, sorry).

I would also recommend buying a washable mesh lingerie bag for putting them in for washing and a lanyard is pretty handy for a place to put them while eating or drinking.

Upvote 0

HollyAD

I have to wear N95s at work for 12-13 hours a day and I would NEVER wear one to a disney park. Yes, you will see this happening but I would never be able to enjoy my day. I wore some well made fabric masks purchased off of ETSY. You can find ones with pockets for filters for added protection if you want to. I also brought REAL surgical masks, not the cheap non-medical ones for sale that are pretty much like 1-ply toilet paper. I also suggest changing your mask once a day at least. I wash my cloth masks in between every use normally.

Upvote 0

GimpYancIent

Agreed. By far the most comfy I've found. And at 10 for $25, a decent bargain. They are not available in the stores; you will have to order, so allow time to get them shipped.
Yes on the Old Navy masks for simplicity and comfort. I have found that Under armor (the sports wear company) makes masks for athletes. I have a couple and are very comfortable and easy to maintain hand wash and air dry.

Upvote 0

Zayegrrl

In the Parks
No
My fiancee and I have the best luck with athletic masks. Most are made out of a spandex/nylon/polyester blend and are super breathable. I would recommend getting a filter to attach. They also wash and dry super-well as they are made for sweat.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom