Best Extinct WDW Foods

Beacon Joe

The sushi from the Japan Pavilion that they used to deliver every morning to the Gasparilla Grill.

The "one price for all you can fit in a cup" Dole Whip at the old Captain Cook's.

Gaston's gal

Rose & Crown used to have a classic Sherry Trifle dessert that was the best thing I ever tasted, and I still mourn it to this day.

Also, call me silly, but part of me still misses the McDonald's tie in with Dinosaur and Restaurantosaurus, with the classic fries and chicken mcnuggets and Happy Meals.
When my daughter was little, she insisted on eating there so she could get her nuggets!

Pirate Magic

The tuna sandwich at POP, the warm out of the oven chocolate chip cookies and the warm out of the oven cinnamon bun.

Rose & Crown prime rib with Yorkshire pudding and the chocolate Guinness cake.

Martha46

Whenever someone mentions extinct WDW, we usually think of rides (Horizons), shops (Acme Warehouse), and restaurants (Empress Lilly).

However, with Disney's constant evolution (some would say pandering) to ever-changing tastes, sometimes certain foods at familiar places wind up being phased out in favor of new options.

So what are your favorite WDW foods that are no longer there?

For me....back in 94-95, Sunshine Seasons Food Fair had a vegetarian lasagna, that was allegedly produced solely from the LTTL/LWTL greenhouses.
Every time I walk into the Land pavilion, the scent of the building alone makes me think about that lasagna.

Miss the Peanut Brittle from the MK
Main Street Confectionery

Iris

One of the memories from my first trip (40 years ago), is eating in the South Seas Room at the Polynesian. It was a buffet, and they had a chicken and rice dish that I loved.

GrumpySue

The original, fried beaver tails from Canada.
I miss them every time I pass Canada, why did they ever stop making them ? They were great !!

Attachments

• trapper-bob.jpg
    trapper-bob.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 176

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom