Votes: 80 57.1%
  • Disney- MGM Studios

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 18 12.9%

• Total voters

AdLibSean

Original Poster
Hey everyone! Which park has the best entrance music? I chose Epcot. Its like your on the verge of experiencing an awesome day of awe, adventure and discovery!

Tom Morrow

Cool poll! My favorite entrance music is definately Epcot's. That is some amazing and inspiring music, I even have it on MP3. MGM's is also cool, but most of it is movie theme songs, not original songs. Animal Kingdom's is very atmospheric and works very well to set the mood with the Oasis. The only one I don't like is Magic Kingdom's, because its the same type of corny music you hear at all amusement parks.

howlin_mad

It's too bad the old Epcot entrance music wasn't on the poll. This was a tough poll for me because I happen like all of the entrance music in WDW, and it's hard to pick just one.

DigitalDisney

Epcot used to carry this vote, but now it's a much shorter loop, and none of it is original.

The old music used to be like an overture to the whole park. Now, it's just a collection of themes from the park.

My vote went to AK. The music really does a great job of introducing the park, and it's a nice, long loop.

Huggups

I would have to say Epcot but yes the old Epcot entrance music from years ago was awesome! You used to hear that music coming out of bushes/shrubbery/trees everything that was even remotely nailed down.:cool:

Someone was kind enough to give me an mp3 of the Epcot Entrance loop from 2001, starting with HISTA and ending with Universe of Energy (it runs just over 19 mins.)

I have two questions: what is the music that bridges all of the various themes throughout the loop. It is extremely inspiring, and I would like to know who composed it.

Also, the mp3 that I have is 128 kbps, and the sound quality is mediocre at best. I have now fallen in love with this loop, and would like to know whether anyone has a better recording.

Many thanks!
Jim

Justin149

Originally posted by cornnibblitz
Someone was kind enough to give me an mp3 of the Epcot Entrance loop from 2001, starting with HISTA and ending with Universe of Energy (it runs just over 19 mins.)

I have two questions: what is the music that bridges all of the various themes throughout the loop. It is extremely inspiring, and I would like to know who composed it.

Also, the mp3 that I have is 128 kbps, and the sound quality is mediocre at best. I have now fallen in love with this loop, and would like to know whether anyone has a better recording.

Many thanks!
Jim

i got any epcot theme you want all HQ

just send me a PM and ill send it to you

-justin

figmentmom

Firt, EPCOT's old music was the best...but, even with the new music, it still gets my vote.

I happened to hear an older CD by a composer from California, Ray Lynch...and I could have sworn some of his original music was woven into the old EPCOT entrance music; I also thought I heard bits and pieces of it at Wonders of Life. Maybe that's what you're referring to, cornnibblitz.

I could be wrong, though - it's been known to happen!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think its Ray Lynch. From what I know of his music, he is a little New-Agey. This is full-blooded orchestral music, very majestic and inspiring. At this point I'm betting its by Gavin Greenaway, since it reminds me of Reflections of Earth and I would expect him to be hired to do more park music. But its very frustrating that Disney doesn't make this information available (for that matter, they don't make the music commercially available, which is even more frustrating!).

Cheers

figmentmom

You're right, Ray Lynch is very new-agey. His stuff isn't orchestral at all. I'm sure that major parts of the Wonders of Life music is his, but you're right about the entrance music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom