Best DVC Resort

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I don't even like walking to EPCOT. Here's a tip. Wait until after the custodial crew is finished cleaning the bathrooms near SSE after Illuminations. Typically, you can slip into a stall (as noted in the brilliant bathroom eating and drinking thread, bringing some of Your favorite WS snacky poos with you is a must) and just stay there until the park re-opens. Voila, no walking and your dining and other bodily needs are all taken care of in your "room" for the evening. It isn't quiet though. For that, I would recommend OKW.

BCVTalsJam

I don't even like walking to EPCOT. Here's a tip. Wait until after the custodial crew is finished cleaning the bathrooms near SSE after Illuminations. Typically, you can slip into a stall (as noted in the brilliant bathroom eating and drinking thread, bringing some of Your favorite WS snacky poos with you is a must) and just stay there until the park re-opens. Voila, no walking and your dining and other bodily needs are all taken care of in your "room" for the evening. It isn't quiet though. For that, I would recommend OKW.
What? Lol

DVC4bestvacations

Based on where we have stayed:
OKW is a favorite as long as you are close to the main building. AKL (Jambo) is nice but not out taste. SSR is great but bus service is the weak link. WLV is great but every time we stay there one of us gets sick. BLT feels too much like an office building. BWV is our favorite close to EPCOT and the Studios never found it to be noisey.

kimrn87

Our home resort is Bay Lake Towers and the location is fabulous. we would walk to MK and hop on the monorail to Epcot. The noisiest problem we had were fireworks when our room faced the MK.

Ralphlaw

Boardwalk, preferred view, can be noisy at night when the drunks start wandering around. We like Boardwalk standard view, but at warmer times of the year we may try to get into Beach club for the pool. Indeed, walking to Epcot and Studios is a big plus.

I agree that the buses can sometimes rob a big chunk out of your day. 45 minutes is not uncommon, so I'm impatient enough to grab a taxi at times just to avoid wasting time. It's very trying to be waiting for a bus, and then having that bus make a few more stops on the way to the park after you've finally been picked up, and one of the stops has a guest in a motor scooter and they can't maneuver the thing into that center area. I try to be patient, but I didn't spend all this money and time to be at Disney only to be spending big chunks of my day on a bus.

baggienath7

Original Poster
thank you all for your lovely comments and recommendations, we have decided on 4, VGF, AKL, BLT or Boardwalk for our upcoming trip in August, just need to get it down to 2 now so thank you very much for your help guys. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom