Best Disney tip you ever got!

blobula

Things that worked for us on our trip in September of 2018 split stay AoA and POFQ. My wife and I, our two children (3 and 5) and my parents. It was a first time visit for my wife and kids.

Tip 1 - Bring extra battery packs to charge cameras and cell phones
Tip 2 - Staying onsite? Order food/drinks from Amazon and have it delivered to the resort. Awesome!
Tip 3 - We didn't do the dining plan, however we purchased Disney gift cards at Target (5% savings) for all our food and souveneir purchases. Worked out very well since we knew how much we had to spend!
Tip 4 - If your trip is long enough, take a whole day and just relax at the resort and the pool.
Tip 5 - Return to the resort in mid day to take naps or enjoy the pool. Helped a lot with our kids.
Tip 6 - Buy a 64oz hydroflask or something that keeps liquid ice cold during the hot days and just refill it in the parks. It's free!
Tip 7 - Leaving later in the day? Request a late checkout a few days before. May not be approved all the time.
Tip 8 - Grab a spot to watch Happily Ever After about an hour early. You won't regret it. Best fireworks and projection show I've seen.
Tip 9 - Memory Maker is a must!
Tip 10 - Make sure you have the Disney app on your phone to make Fastpasses, check waittimes and make dining reservations
Tip 11 - Bring a hat and sunglasses!

38053WDW

Things that worked for us on our trip in September of 2018 split stay AoA and POFQ. My wife and I, our two children (3 and 5) and my parents. It was a first time visit for my wife and kids.

Tip 2 - Staying onsite? Order food/drinks from Amazon and have it delivered to the resort. Awesome!
Tip 3 - We didn't do the dining plan, however we purchased Disney gift cards at Target (5% savings) for all our food and souveneir purchases. Worked out very well since we knew how much we had to spend!
Tip 4 - If your trip is long enough, take a whole day and just relax at the resort and the pool.
Tip 5 - Return to the resort in mid day to take naps or enjoy the pool. Helped a lot with our kids.
Tip 6 - Buy a 64oz hydroflask or something that keeps liquid ice cold during the hot days and just refill it in the parks. It's free!
Tip 7 - Leaving later in the day? Request a late checkout a few days before. May not be approved all the time.
Tip 8 - Grab a spot to watch Happily Ever After about an hour early. You won't regret it. Best fireworks and projection show I've seen.
Tip 10 - Make sure you have the Disney app on your phone to make Fastpasses, check waittimes and make dining reservations

For TIP 1 - Buy Fuel Rod online or outside the park (cheaper) - phones were going dead while in line for Mickey... I was searching everywhere for a plug. Asked a CM and told me about the Fuel Rods... These machines area at every park .. no fighting for a usb port around the parks and then waiting for recharge. Walk up. drop your old one in and boom.. fully charge one drops out! Best thing ever! Also you can just charge your last one in your room for the next day and then do it all over again . . www dot fuel-rod dot com - once you buy it it's yours (Android/Iphone connectors included)

Jim Buck

Will they let a hydroflask into the park? I have one and was wondering if they would be ok with that?

JArdoin1982

For TIP 1 - Buy Fuel Rod online or outside the park (cheaper) - phones were going dead while in line for Mickey... I was searching everywhere for a plug. Asked a CM and told me about the Fuel Rods... These machines area at every park .. no fighting for a usb port around the parks and then waiting for recharge. Walk up. drop your old one in and boom.. fully charge one drops out! Best thing ever! Also you can just charge your last one in your room for the next day and then do it all over again . . www dot fuel-rod dot com - once you buy it it's yours (Android/Iphone connectors included)

Are there multiple locations throughout each park to swap them or is there one location in each park?

BigHero4

Last edited:

Stinger

We started doing this Three trips ago . Arrive in Orlando the night before your reservation begins and stay at the airport hotel.
The next day you wake up relaxed and fresh , you can take your time getting to Magic express and your resort . Instead of getting up early at home traveling half the day and rushing to get to your resort to get things started and being worn out by early evening . You ease into the day and we found it buys us a extra day of vacation . We usually spend that day at Disney springs or resort hopping .

Janir

I always thought fuel rod's were pretty pricey. For $20 I use this small but powerful power bank. Works great in the parks when you need a boost - even for multiple phones. Recharge it at night when you sleep and it's ready to go for the next day. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P7N0320/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Another potential issue with FuelRods and some smaller portable cell battery chargers. They may not work with newer larger drawing cell phones. Test them out first. ;) Newer phones may have a recharge voltage requirement that's higher than a standard batter recharger puts out. If you phone needs a higher voltage charger you might have a problem with the portable one if you don't verify that it can recharge at higher rates. Ran into that the hard way at DLR last fall, when the charger I had been using with my old phone wasn't working with the new one I just got before vacation. Wound up spending a few breaks near some power outlets trying to recharge a phone.
The solution may be to get a larger brick charger but those are heavier so cargo pockets, bags, or backpacks start to be needed.

Club Cooloholic

This is a tip I never really got, but having done it for the first time I now can't recommend it enough. Buy the photo package. So many great photos and you save so much time and energy on trying to grab pictures with your own camera. Wish I had done it the 4 other times I went with the kids.

Last edited:

neoshinok

I can't recommend an umbrella enough for a hot, sunny day. Very few seem to use them but keeping the sun from beating down directly on you makes a world of difference after a few hours.

michmickey

Take advantage of the first aid services! After a long day of walking my mom had super bad blisters and we had nothing with us. We totally forgot they had first aid so we headed over there and they gave us plenty of bandaids and some other stuff to help.

mikeximus

We started doing this Three trips ago . Arrive in Orlando the night before your reservation begins and stay at the airport hotel.
The next day you wake up relaxed and fresh , you can take your time getting to Magic express and your resort . Instead of getting up early at home traveling half the day and rushing to get to your resort to get things started and being worn out by early evening . You ease into the day and we found it buys us a extra day of vacation . We usually spend that day at Disney springs or resort hopping .

That's an interesting one... My family and I might just have to look into this! THanks!

Edot: Which hotel is the "airport" hotel.. I'm too lazy to look it up lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom