Best Disney resort for our family, need help

Gramma4

Original Poster
planning a feb. 2021 trip.. three families, one with special needs,, we want the poly but not the bungalows.. one family would have to have two rooms, due to special needs. Question is how can we be guaranteed adjoining rooms? with booking thru Disney or renting DVC points? what other resort has this special poly Disney touch? we have our heart set on the poly but the space is an issue... Does the poly have one or two bedroom suites? not to bungalows, waaaay to expensive and if they do how can we book those? thank you in advance..

daisyduckie

I think what you want is connecting rooms. Rooms with the inside door between them? You should get ahold of Special Needs Booking. Otherwise any sort of room request for location for connecting or adjoining(rooms simply near each other) rooms will be a request only, and not guaranteed.

The phone number that comes up is 1-407-939-7675.

RememberWhen

How many people are you talking about? 3 families could be 6 people or 12+
I think the Poly only has DVC studios and the bungalows. You could certainly look into renting DVC points but you wouldn’t have connecting rooms. Are you 100% set on that resort? Renting a 1 or two bedroom DVC villa (or maybe a 1 bedroom and a studio) at another resort might make sense for you.

nickys

Premium Member
How many people are you talking about? 3 families could be 6 people or 12+
I think the Poly only has DVC studios and the bungalows. You could certainly look into renting DVC points but you wouldn’t have connecting rooms. Are you 100% set on that resort? Renting a 1 or two bedroom DVC villa (or maybe a 1 bedroom and a studio) at another resort might make sense for you.

Nearly all the Poly DVC studios do have connecting doors. Although it isn’t guaranteed, in practice you would be very unlucky not to get connecting rooms if you requested them.

But at any other resort you are correct, the only rooms that connect would be a 2-bed lock-off villa, which is a 1-bed and a studio with a connecting door.

RememberWhen

Nearly all the Poly DVC studios do have connecting doors. Although it isn’t guaranteed, in practice you would be very unlucky not to get connecting rooms if you requested them.

But at any other resort you are correct, the only rooms that connect would be a 2-bed lock-off villa, which is a 1-bed and a studio with a connecting door.
Thanks for the correction! I just made the assumption, I haven’t stayed there. So a couple studios might work, though for 3 families you probably need three studios.

Gramma4

Original Poster

So most DVC's studios at the poly have connecting doors? Would I have more of a guarantee of connecting rooms if I book right from Disney vs, DVC rental store? Its because of the special needs that this family needs two rooms,, we are looking at AK villas also which to me seems a better fit, but my daughter is set on the poly...

Gramma4

Original Poster
I think what you want is connecting rooms. Rooms with the inside door between them? You should get ahold of Special Needs Booking. Otherwise any sort of room request for location for connecting or adjoining(rooms simply near each other) rooms will be a request only, and not guaranteed.

The phone number that comes up is 1-407-939-7675.
would they assist in connecting rooms if I go through a DVC broker ? or just Disney ? Thank you very much for the number,,

correcaminos

So most DVC's studios at the poly have connecting doors? Would I have more of a guarantee of connecting rooms if I book right from Disney vs, DVC rental store? Its because of the special needs that this family needs two rooms,, we are looking at AK villas also which to me seems a better fit, but my daughter is set on the poly...
Out of 360 studios only 2 or 3 (forgot which is right) do not connect. But remember each room connects to only one room. It is not a series of connections. So you need to ask for connecting rooms and not adjoining (which means next to each other) You will need 1 adult on each room at least. Make sure your request is in and honestly make no other major room requests. Member Services for DVC has reassured me that it is less than 1% chance of not getting it. They can view it differently on their side than we can. Also check in with the front desk when you get there too. The earlier the better.

We've had no issues getting it. DVC rentals will have no better or worse chance of getting it than direct through Disney.

nickys

Premium Member
would they assist in connecting rooms if I go through a DVC broker ? or just Disney ? Thank you very much for the number,,

You can book DVC studios through DIsney. It will cost a lot more, and Disney only have around 2% of the inventory, although there are a lot of studios so you should be OK.

As for the connecting doors, yes most Poly studios do connect. All but about 10 I think, if that. If you rent points, the request will need to go through the owner, you cannot do it yourself. If you book with Disney then you can request it at the time of booking.

I’m not sure about the non-DVC rooms. I assume most of them connect too, since the DVC studios were just converted hotel rooms. And if you’re booking through Disney they may be cheaper.

correcaminos

You can book DVC studios through DIsney. It will cost a lot more, and Disney only have around 2% of the inventory, although there are a lot of studios so you should be OK.

As for the connecting doors, yes most Poly studios do connect. All but about 10 I think, if that. If you rent points, the request will need to go through the owner, you cannot do it yourself. If you book with Disney then you can request it at the time of booking.

I’m not sure about the non-DVC rooms. I assume most of them connect too, since the DVC studios were just converted hotel rooms. And if you’re booking through Disney they may be cheaper.
Yes less than 10. It's either 2 or 3 but I don't have time to look.

As for the rest of Polynesian they are set up similarly. Connect to one other but not in series. DVC gutting of the longhouses actually didn't change that.

daisyduckie

Going thru Special Services is the best way to get connecting rooms. Otherwise they are just a request, and you won't know until you get there if you have them or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom