Best Disney 4D show poll

What is Disney's best 4D show in your opinion?

• Muppet Vision 3D

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Mickey's Philarmagic

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • It's Tough to be a Bug

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Captain Eo

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Magic Journeys

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Imagineer45

Unpopular opinion: I only really even like two of those shows, names Mickey's Philharmagic and Muppet Vision. The others fall somewhere on the scale of okay to bad and I usually do (or did) not see them.

Moka

I think Philharmagic will always lead for me. It’s something I see every time I go to MK, can’t say the same for others. Though, I still believe it’s due for some updating. The 3D, at least. Ouch, my eyes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Can I have a tie between Muppets and Mickey;s PhiharMagic? I love them both equally.

Yes... :)

1590149040209.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I still remember Magic Journeys from my first visit to Epcot in 1985. Distinctly remember reaching out to try to touch the gold ring!

Did this have additional in-theater effects, or was it just a 3D movie?
Captain EO introduced in theatre effects. Even in 1986 it was pushing technical limits. Took ages to get the sync correct and consistent.

Heppenheimer

Although Its Tough to Be a Bug actually took my vote, honorable mention for Magic Journeys because Disney will simply never produce something so crazy ever again. Picture the theater, circa 1984. The first several minutes was mostly gentle, if somewhat weird whimsy. Then, out of nowhere, a scary witch starts shooting lightning bolts out into the audience, Palpatine-style. Every toddler and pre-schooler in the audience starts crying in terror. Disney has produced other attractions that were scarier, but the stroke of genius with the horror in Magic Journeys is that the abrupt change in tone came with absolutely no warning. The audience was gently lured into a comfortable exploration of innocent fantasy, then.... BAM! Lightning bolts and crying children!

Even in the 1980s, the witch segment probably received complaints from all the Karens. In the age of helicopter parenting and the internet, I can only imagine the outrage if Disney tried something like this again.

Last edited:

Raineman

I think Philharmagic will always lead for me. It’s something I see every time I go to MK, can’t say the same for others. Though, I still believe it’s due for some updating. The 3D, at least. Ouch, my eyes.
I’d say most of the 3D parts of attractions at WDW need to be updated-the images just seem to be a little blurry/unfocused, and definitely strain the eyes, although I haven’t been able to figure out if I need to wear the 3D glasses over my glasses, or just wear the 3D glasses.

Magenta Panther

Mickey's Phiharmagic. One of the most authentically "Disney" attractions in the parks. Tough to be a Bug is clever, but doesn't have the magic and the joy of the aforementioned. Never got to see Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Muppets was one and done. Annoying and dated even back then.

Magenta Panther

Totally agree with your points. I always visit Philharmagic during my WDW trips. It's such a treat to hear audiences go nuts over it. But yeah, the 3D is kind of a mess now - downright blurry in some parts of the show. It's an outrage that it's been left to deteriorate. Bet if it were STAR WARS it would have gotten an update by now. TDO's priorities suck.

Moka

But yeah, the 3D is kind of a mess now - downright blurry in some parts of the show. It's an outrage that it's been left to deteriorate. Bet if it were STAR WARS it would have gotten an update by now. TDO's priorities suck
I swear I heard somewhere they were going to update the 3D atleast for the 50th.

NelleBelle

Pixar Film Festival
i loved that but don’t remember it being 4D?

Mickey’s Philharmagic is my favorite! I like ITTBAB but honestly, creeps the heck out of me! I have sit with my feet up and my back off the backrest 😂 Haven’t done it in ages and need to take my teen sons (I don’t think they will have remembered it from when they were little)!!

BigDlover

Mickey's Philarmagic! I love this show, it's so adorable. I love that it's a lot of the classic movies intertwined in one story. It doesn't feel super outdated like Muppets. Bug is fun but it's not a must-do for me. The rest are gone aren't they?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Mickey's Philarmagic! I love this show, it's so adorable. I love that it's a lot of the classic movies intertwined in one story. It doesn't feel super outdated like Muppets. Bug is fun but it's not a must-do for me. The rest are gone aren't they?
I agree Philarmagic is great! I love Muppets and Bugs. Yes I believe the rest are gone. Honey I shrunk the Audience could make a comeback especially since the series is getting a new movie net year.

Letteyeti

I just love The Muppets. It may not have the best effects, but it is the freaking Muppets. The show is iconic and so are the characters. I mean when I was a tiny person I watched Sesame Street and there were the Muppets maybe not the same ones but the same thing.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I just love The Muppets. It may not have the best effects, but it is the freaking Muppets. The show is iconic and so are the characters. I mean when I was a tiny person I watched Sesame Street and there were the Muppets maybe not the same ones but the same thing.
Same! I'm a huge Muppets fan. I love the show. Plus the fact it's the final project Jim Henson and Richard Hunt worked on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom