Best Despicable Me Minion Mayhem facade?

Best facade?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Which location has the best facade?

Orlando
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem at Universal Studios Florida

Hollywood
Minion Mayhem at Universal Studios Hollywood

Japan
team M O B I U S - Universal Studios Japan: Despicable Me; Minion Mayhem &  Minion Park

Sharon&Susan

3 versions of this and they haven't figured out any way to theme/hide the massive showbuilding more than something vaguely suggesting some sort of Gru branded warehouse?

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

The Orlando one is really bad. I hate that the house is by itself, awkwardly shoved on the street corner. I also hate that it's so prominently one of the first things you see when you walk in - to what is already the ugliest entrance of any Orlando theme park.

The Japan one looks cool, I like that they created a little cul-de-sac.

JT3000

3 versions of this and they haven't figured out any way to theme/hide the massive showbuilding more than something vaguely suggesting some sort of Gru branded warehouse?
They aren't actually trying to. The original one in Orlando, especially, is still just a soundstage with a house facade on the corner of it. It can't look like anything else without either demolishing the building or at least redoing the exterior completely.

JoeCamel

Can I tell you this is hysterical, yet at the same time not to the point? Just because another company has done a poor job
of blending the ride into it's surroundings, doesn,t make the poor job done by Universal, right.
I think it speaks volumes about the difficulty of making large buildings disappear and the futility of complaining about seeing large buildings in theme parks. Maybe they need to get David Copperfield as a consultant?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom