Best Deluxe Resort POLL

Steamboat_Kevin

Lots of people ask what is the best resort is in each category (deluxe, moderate, etc.) I thought that it may be helpful to make a poll of every category and see what is everybody's favorite.

Please feel free to elaborate on your opinions by replying.

tigsmom

I've stayed at the Contemporary, The Polynesian and the Wilderness Lodge and by far the WL is my favorite. The Contemporary really did nothing for me, it seems cold. I liked the Polynesian, but hated that I had to go outside to get to the restaurants & shops... especially when it rained and at night.
The WL is very inviting and I really like the relaxed atmosphere and the decor.

Will be staying at the Boardwalk this summer so we'll see if I have a new favorite. :wave:

Upvote 0

Robfasto

For me it would be the Contemporary Resort. I have stayed there since 1977 so it always brings back great memories. We stayed a lot back then because it wasn't a Deluxe Resort, it was just 1 of the 3 Disney Resorts. On our first stay we were shocked to be paying $49.00 per night which was twice as much as most of the hotels out on US 192.

The last time we made a reservation CRO made a comment that we had made over 100 reservations. Figure and average of 4 night per stay and it is a bunch of nights.

Upvote 0

DisneyJill

Beach Club...location, location, location....

But if I could have voted for two, the Contemporary would have been next. By far not my favorite as far as decor, it holds a special place in my heart since I worked there. :)

Upvote 0

Robfasto

I must also add that the Animal Kingdom Lodge brings up a close second. Although I have only stayed there once, it was a great 7 nights.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

From the two that I have stayed at (Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian), and having seen them all. I think that the Polynesian gives you the best total experience at a resort. It has the most convenient transportation, large rooms, lots of recreation, and a nice relaxing atmosphere. I think that overall it just gives you the best overall resort experience.

Upvote 0

OrlandoGuy

I agree, the Contemporary is my farvorite resort because of good times I had there in the past with my family and friends. It is a shame that Disney has stopped maintaining the Contemporary upto Disney standards. Every time I go there the resort continues to look worst than the last time.

Upvote 0

Chirpy

Luckliy being an International Cast member for a year, decided to try and stay at all the resorts during the year........

Polynesian gets my vote as a monorail lover it helps but also we stayed concierge level so was made it extra special......... oh and lets not forget the Mouseboats:lol:

Upvote 0

*PlutoFan*

voted for the Beach Club, it was a close call between that and the Contemporary. I always loved watching the monorail from inside but in recent years the Beach Club just wins out!

Upvote 0

Laura

I didn't vote because I've only stayed at Poly and GF and both of those stays were when I was too young to remember. I do, however, love the atmosphere of Poly and plan to stay there on this upcoming vacation. I'm also thinking of staying at WL a few nights as well.

Upvote 0

longfamily

We love the Poly. It is the best MK resort in relation to transportation becasue of the Monorail access and the proximity to the TTC. The atmosphere is beautiful, the recreation here is top notch and it is only a walk to the GF spa.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

Our favorite was Beach Club until we stayed at The Wilderness Lodge last month and fell in love with the place! We felt at home from the minute we walked through the door! Of course, we did get upgraded to conceirge level but even without that we still would have loved the resort. Artist Point is to die for! The food was so good :slurp: We also stayed at Polynesian which runs a close second (loved the lagoon view and the beach right under our window!) but we also love the Contemporary. We are going back to Wilderness Lodge for 5 nights in May and I am so excited that I was able to get the pass holder rate. :sohappy: There is nothing like being in the Magic Kingdom resort area. The Epcot area is nice but somehow I prefer the Magic Kingdom with the monorails and boats!

Upvote 0

RedBaron

I voted for the Wilderness Lodge. I have only stayed there and at the Contempory in the deluxe catagory. Dont get me wrong, I loved the main areas at the Contempory like the monorail area the restaurants the mosaic wall, but I hated our room. It did not look contemporary in the least, but rather a bunch of mis matched furniture. Had a much nicer room at a moderate resort. We could not get a room in the main building, so we stayed in one of the courtyard buildings. Maybe that was the difference? I loved the Wilderness Lodge all around.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

SnowWhite5669 said:
Our favorite was Beach Club until we stayed at The Wilderness Lodge last month and fell in love with the place! We felt at home from the minute we walked through the door! Of course, we did get upgraded to conceirge level but even without that we still would have loved the resort. Artist Point is to die for! The food was so good :slurp: We also stayed at Polynesian which runs a close second (loved the lagoon view and the beach right under our window!) but we also love the Contemporary. We are going back to Wilderness Lodge for 5 nights in May and I am so excited that I was able to get the pass holder rate. :sohappy: There is nothing like being in the Magic Kingdom resort area. The Epcot area is nice but somehow I prefer the Magic Kingdom with the monorails and boats!

I think the highlighted sentence says it all! We felt the exact same way and thats what keeps us going back.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

I voted for GF but my heart is at WL.

We were at GF on a junket when it opened. It is fabulous. I've also stayed at Contemporary and like it as well.

But as Tigsmom and others will tell you, WL is home. From the grand view as you drive up, to the whoosh of air conditioning as you walk in the huge doors to the gigantic fireplace to the restaurants to the pool to the dock and the wonderful music track, you can't beat this place. Period.

(okay, so I'm confused in my voting!?) It's hard to go wrong at WDW!

Upvote 0

Debbie

The Poly is my favorite in this category. I do want to try the Boardwalk, and Y&B one day, just to see how they are. The Swan was nice but there would have to be a great rate offered for me to stay there again. There are too many other ones to try.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom