Best Cost effective ( on site) options for 7 people

Mainahman

Original Poster
Just in the planning stages to be the " good aunt and uncle" and bring my 4 neices and nephews for their very first trip to the world. Were pricing with my sister in law and without. so 6 to 7 people. Any insight for booking numbers like this? Were so used to booking 3 ha!

eliza61nyc

We always rent dvc points. I love it. for example we just took a family trip last August because a number of the millennial cousins graduated from college.

We rented a 2 bedroom villa at OKW. love, love, loved it. FIRST it was awesome having 2 bathrooms, next the living room area gave folks places to crash and room to spread out. the balcony alone saved me from strangling one or two of them (wink, wink) before having my first cup of coffee.

it holds 8 easily. I'll try to look up what it ran me, I can't remember. plus okw is absolutely gorgeous. a hidden gem.

found it, a 2 bedroom villa for the week of August 28th ran me 3000 bucks.

Last edited:

skyphotographer

Just in the planning stages to be the " good aunt and uncle" and bring my 4 neices and nephews for their very first trip to the world. Were pricing with my sister in law and without. so 6 to 7 people. Any insight for booking numbers like this? Were so used to booking 3 ha!

The suites at Art of Animation may be your best bet. The rooms can sleep 6 but not 7.

Schneewittchen

You didn't share ages or times of year.

In theory, a Fort Wilderness cabin can accommodate 6 guests plus 1 in a crib if you have a baby in the group. The same for an Art of Animation suite.

Or you can try to get 2 adjoining rooms in a value or moderate, that should sleep 8 - 10 in various levels of discomfort. That's possibly cheaper than a cabin or suite.

And yes, you should look into renting DVC points from someone else. But that probably won't be as cheap as adjoining rooms.

Mainahman

Original Poster
We always rent dvc points. I love it. for example we just took a family trip last August because a number of the millennial cousins graduated from college.

We rented a 2 bedroom villa at OKW. love, love, loved it. FIRST it was awesome having 2 bathrooms, next the living room area gave folks places to crash and room to spread out. the balcony alone saved me from strangling one or two of them (wink, wink) before having my first cup of coffee.

it holds 8 easily. I'll try to look up what it ran me, I can't remember. plus okw is absolutely gorgeous. a hidden gem.
ill have to give that a look.
The suites at Art of Animation may be your best bet. The rooms can sleep 6 but not 7.
The sad part ( i dont consider it sad actually) is that a cabin at Ft wilderness was cheaper than AOA the week i was looking at next summer for 6....

eliza61nyc

ill have to give that a look.

The sad part ( i dont consider it sad actually) is that a cabin at Ft wilderness was cheaper than AOA the week i was looking at next summer for 6....
hey nothing wrong with that. Our very first trip with our sons was at Ft. Wilderness. they loved it. I'm not a big fan of camping so I always said I could learn to love camping if I could stay in a cabin like ft. wilderness ;)

Mainahman

Original Poster
I would also agree with getting two rooms so you have two bathrooms. I stayed at Pop Century earlier this year and thought it was a fabulous Value resort!
We have stayed at POP twice in the past. both in 2012 before the refurb, and in 2018. its usually our go to resort as we are rope drop to last kiss kind of park people for the most part. If we take my sister inlaw too, it will have to be 2 rooms, and POP for sure, as the kids will love the theming, and for us, its a place to pass out quite literally.

Fun fact, last trip, we drove through the night, got there, went right to Hollywood studios, then Magic Kingdom. I apparently passed out about 5 minutes after getting to the room from exhaustion.

daisyduckie

2 connecting rooms at any of the 3 All Star resorts. The All Stars run a bit cheaper than the Pop. And you want to request connecting rooms, which are the rooms that have an inside door between them. Adjoining rooms, to Disney, are just rooms near each other.

Mainahman

Original Poster
2 connecting rooms at any of the 3 All Star resorts. The All Stars run a bit cheaper than the Pop. And you want to request connecting rooms, which are the rooms that have an inside door between them. Adjoining rooms, to Disney, are just rooms near each other.
i love my family, but im not sure i connecting rooms love them! ha!

Smiley/OCD

We have stayed at POP twice in the past. both in 2012 before the refurb, and in 2018. its usually our go to resort as we are rope drop to last kiss kind of park people for the most part. If we take my sister inlaw too, it will have to be 2 rooms, and POP for sure, as the kids will love the theming, and for us, its a place to pass out quite literally.

Fun fact, last trip, we drove through the night, got there, went right to Hollywood studios, then Magic Kingdom. I apparently passed out about 5 minutes after getting to the room from exhaustion.
[/

Our go to resort is AoA because out family of 4 outgrew POP, but we always stayed at POP...you can get adjoining rooms...just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom