Best Christmas Resort

KCheatle

One of the best things about returning from a trip to the World is the start of a new planning process for your next trip!!

My hubby and I have said for awhile now that we want to see Disney World at Christmas. In my 20+ times of going, I have never seen it decorated or experienced any of the fun that goes with the holiday and so we are certain that the next time we go back it will be while it is decorated for Christmas. It will probably be in 2013.

With that said, we want to know which resort is the best to stay at for the Holiday season? We are looking at overall Holiday atmosphere of the resort plus any cutesy little things the resort may do that may be somewhat unknown unless you've stayed there before. We will most likely stay in a Deluxe as we got a little spoiled this last time around staying at Wilderness Lodge. But, if you know something that a Value or Moderate does, they are not off the table either! Thanks for your input in advance!!

Skibum1970

I have viewed pictures of the Wilderness Lodge decorations on Allears.net and Mousesteps.com that are stunning. Buntings on the railings, a big Christmas tree in the lobby and other areas as well. I am planning on going there this November for the Christmas season and cannot wait to see it in person. From other forum topics, I am guessing that Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian may be two of the best.

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
One of the best things about returning from a trip to the World is the start of a new planning process for your next trip!!

My hubby and I have said for awhile now that we want to see Disney World at Christmas. In my 20+ times of going, I have never seen it decorated or experienced any of the fun that goes with the holiday and so we are certain that the next time we go back it will be while it is decorated for Christmas. It will probably be in 2013.

With that said, we want to know which resort is the best to stay at for the Holiday season? We are looking at overall Holiday atmosphere of the resort plus any cutesy little things the resort may do that may be somewhat unknown unless you've stayed there before. We will most likely stay in a Deluxe as we got a little spoiled this last time around staying at Wilderness Lodge. But, if you know something that a Value or Moderate does, they are not off the table either! Thanks for your input in advance!!

Have not had the privilege to be at wdw at Christmas yet but from reading trip reports and seeing pictures the one Resort that screams Christmas is The Wilderness Lodge, it just looks amazing during the holidays :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Grand Floridian does a spectacular job with decorations, not just the gingerbread house, but the tree is HUGE and gorgeous. Wilderness Lodge is terrific too, but most resorts I have seen at Disney during the holidays were all, absolutely gorgeous. Pick a resort that is closest to the park you think you'll be visiting most, then go from there. :wave:

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Wilderness Lodge, hands down. We have stayed there the last 3 Decembers in a row and would never consider another resort at Christmas. The decorations are amazing, from the 7 story Christmas tree to the lighted garland that greets you as you return from the bus stop at night. In the evenings there are vocal performances from local choirs and Mickey and Minnie have a meet and greet (closer to Christmas, not at the beginning of the month.) Even the fireplace becomes festive during this time of year (unlike in summer, lol).

Upvote 0

captainkidd

It's all personal preference, but we found the Wilderness Lodge to blow every other resort away for a Christmas feel. However, the GF was beautiful. We just found the Lodge to be on a whole other level.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I loved staying at the Beach Club at Christmastime. It smelled so Christmasy and had the gingerbread carousel too. (We actually had a free surprise upgrade to the Beach Club from the All Star Movies.) This past November we stayed at the Pop at Christmas and that was nicely decorated and put us in the Christmas mood. :xmas:

Upvote 0

kal1484

I think that Wilderness Lodge gives you the best "Christmas spirit" I was raised up north though, so that may be why I like more of the lodge feel. Yacht and Beach would be my runner up.

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

We stayed at Beach Club 2 years ago and you could smell the gingerbread throughout the entire hotel. It was wonderful. We got in very late and the ME stopped at 4 different resorts, one value, one moderate and 2 deluxe. All the resorts looked nice but the higher up on the scale we went the better the decorations. Which ever resort you decide to stay in I would take time to visit as many of the other resorts as you can. There seems to be something speacial at each one.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

It's all personal preference, but we found the Wilderness Lodge to blow every other resort away for a Christmas feel. However, the GF was beautiful. We just found the Lodge to be on a whole other level.

Have to agree here, the Wilderness Lodge is simply amazing at christmas time. It gives off that holiday feel all year around, let alone the holiday months. Love it!!

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

I am biased to Beach Club with that being our resort of preference. It feels like everywhere you turn their is a nice Christmas decoration and they do a great job with the lobby. Although we popped into Animal Kingdom Lodge a few years ago during the season, and were blown away by the decorations. They had a huge tree right in the middle of the lobby and they had a group of people playing Christmas music with bells. It was really cool! If anything I would highly recommend a quick visit over there to check it out.

Upvote 0

coltow

We went 2 weeks before Christmas in 2008. We stayed at Poly and it didn't feel too Christmasy to me. We visited many of the other resrots over the week and found Wilderness Lodge to be AMAZING. AKL was had an amazing tree in the lobby too

Upvote 0

kane47

The Grand for the special touches

The GF has the most beautiful flowers, lots of red and white poinsettias. They also have little special touches. At the entrance of the main lobby they give away hot coco and fresh roasted chestnuts. I have gone down almost every year at Christmas to the Grand for those reasons.

Upvote 0

NOLADisDad

I have been to WDW with the family 2x during Christmas. Once at AKK and once at the Boardwalk. Both are done extremely well in decorations. We also visited a number of resorts last year just to look at the decorations and were not disappointed by any. We really enjoyed the Boardwalk being so close to Epcot and seeing all the Santa's at each country and the Candlelight Processional.

Upvote 0

harryk

We stay at the Wilderness Lodge each Christmas Season and have found it to be at the top of our list for Christmas Decorations. The Grand Floridian is nothing to sneeze at either - it is a lot more formal in the decorations - which matches the overall theme of the Grand Flo.

My family was greatly disappointed at the Poly - all the Gingerbread houses and other gingerbread decorations were gone in 2011. We asked about them and no cast member could give an answer as to why they were not made up and displayed.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

For me, its hands down the Grand Floridian. Cant wait for our stay this thanksgiving when its all decked out. After that, i love WL and AKL. Will be staying in AKL for Christmas this year as well. Have never stayed there on Christmas, so I'm really looking forward to it. Cant wait. This will surely be a holiday season to remember!!!:xmas:

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

We spent our first Xmastime trip at Disney World this last December and visited every Deluxe and DVC Resort to soak up the holiday atmosphere.

They were all great, but one was far and away superior in giving off "Christmas Spirit".
I thought it would be the Wilderness Lodge.

But it was the Flagship, The Grand Floridian.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom