Best Character meal for kids 8 and 5?

Hawkeye_2018

Original Poster
We've already done both Cinderella Royal Table and Ohana for breakfast and did enjoy both.

Also, what are your thoughts on outside the park vs inside the park character meals?

Tom P.

A few that I highly recommend:

- Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary
- 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian
- Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom

We like both inside and outside the park meals. I think there's good and bad about both. But those are probably our top three.

Smiley/OCD

The 2 go-to's I would recommend for kids are Crystal Palace for b'fast (Winnie the Pooh characters) IMHO, b'fast there is MUCH better than dinner (I LOVE Pooh's puffed french toast) and for dinner, I would suggest Chef Mickey's...the food at CM is good, kinda like a WDW version of Golden Corral, but it also has all the main characters at once...if it's your kids first visit to WDW, they will LOVE it!! Just a note, that it's kids, (LOTS of them) and it's noisy and could be crazy at times, but again, the kids will love it! I would check the other buffets for their menus and characters...hope this helps!

MagicalMommy

My kids are 8 and almost 5 ... we love Ohana for breakfast, too; some of our other favorites are Tusker House at Animal Kingdom, Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast at Boardwalk Inn and 1900 Park Fare for dinner at Grand Floridian. We’re also excited to try the new Storybook Dining at Artist Point on our next trip!

Edited to add — we like to do character meals both inside and outside the parks depending on where we’ll be each day and which location makes the most sense.

zurgandfriend

I have to agree with Chef Mickey’s my DS loved the Contemporary and the monorail going through the building. I would say 1900 Park Fare as my second pick. A little bit of history, my DS favorite character meal was the Liberty Tree Tavern but the characters departed many moons ago.

Last edited:

Gaston's gal

I am not sure your children are boys or girls, but we absolutely loved the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk. The meal was absolutely delicious and we had wonderful interaction with Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. I would highly recommend it!

Club Cooloholic

We've already done both Cinderella Royal Table and Ohana for breakfast and did enjoy both.

Also, what are your thoughts on outside the park vs inside the park character meals?
If they are girls the Askerhouse(sp?) one at norway is great. But if boys or a mix I would recommend Tusker House. There are not a ton of dining options at AKL and this a good one, plus it's interesting food, the space is unique looking and the Characters are fun in their Safari garb.

JohnD

While Chef Mickey's could be chaotic and crazy for you, I think they are the right age for it. I recommend the breakfast. It's a buffet. And you get visits with the Fab 5: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto.

If you want something more low key, I also like Garden Grill in Epcot. Again, do their breakfast. It's served family style. They bring you a LARGE danish, a bowl of fruit, and a skillet with eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, and biscuits. You are visited by Farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale.

bpadair32

We loved Tusker House for breakfast. The food was really good and the character interactions were good as well. My kids were 8, 7, and 3 when we went there.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'll be Mr Unpopular : Storybook Dining at Wilderness Lodge (formerly the home of the failed concept Artists Pointe). It's new, the food is themed to the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, and has Grumpy, Dopey, Snow White and the Evil Queen as visitors during your meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom