Best Breakfast on Property 2018

fizzieee

Original Poster
Hi there! First time poster, looking for the BEST breakfast places on WDW property. Please help me decide which places to hit first/prioritize. No dietary restrictions and food pics are encouraged! Please tell me where and why :) Thank you!

righttrack

To me they come down to food, experience and food+experience

My fave - Kona Cafe - First time out, I recommend a press pot of Kona Coffee, Tonga Toast, maybe a Mimosa Flight
TongaToast_KonaCafe_15-011.jpg

Hon mention to the Seven Seas Samoan too if you don't like a sweet breakfast (like me :))

fizzieee

Original Poster
To me they come down to food, experience and food+experience

My fave - Kona Cafe - First time out, I recommend a press pot of Kona Coffee, Tonga Toast, maybe a Mimosa Flight
TongaToast_KonaCafe_15-011.jpg

Hon mention to the Seven Seas Samoan too if you don't like a sweet breakfast (like me :))
That does sound pretty spectacular!!! Thank you for your help!

LeighM

My favorite breakfast is the pineapple macadamia pancakes at Kona Cafe.

IMG_20180314_105525.jpg

This is the only breakfast item I order at Kona - and I pair it with the Lilikoi (POG) Juice. Me, my husband, and SIL couldn't finish all of our food so my BIL volunteered to eat the rest of everyone else's and determined that my pancakes were the clear breakfast winner LOL.

And to my surprise, my other favorite breakfast items were quick service. We all loved the waffles at Sleepy Hollow in Magic Kingdom.

Sleepy Hollow.jpg

And my other favorite was the breakfast burrito at Yak and Yeti Local Foods Cafe in Animal Kingdom. It easily could've been shared with 2 people.

Yak and Yeti QS.jpg

My other favorite breakfast places are Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Akershus. I don't have pictures of those.

fizzieee

Original Poster
My favorite breakfast is the pineapple macadamia pancakes at Kona Cafe.

View attachment 296875

This is the only breakfast item I order at Kona - and I pair it with the Lilikoi (POG) Juice. Me, my husband, and SIL couldn't finish all of our food so my BIL volunteered to eat the rest of everyone else's and determined that my pancakes were the clear breakfast winner LOL.

And to my surprise, my other favorite breakfast items were quick service. We all loved the waffles at Sleepy Hollow in Magic Kingdom.

View attachment 296876

And my other favorite was the breakfast burrito at Yak and Yeti Local Foods Cafe in Animal Kingdom. It easily could've been shared with 2 people.

View attachment 296877

My other favorite breakfast places are Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Akershus. I don't have pictures of those.
It's DEFINITELY on my Disney bucket list to try one of those fruit & Nutella waffles from Sleepy Hollow as well. Your photos look delicious!!!!

Rlandrigan

We really enjoyed the Tangled breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk - best food at a character breakfast we've had. Kona is amazing, and Boma's breakfast buffet was very good. But unless you plan on skipping lunch, many of the table service breakfast are huuuge, and pricey - I love the waffles at Sleepy Hollow and the aforementioned breakfast Burrito at Yak and Yeti.

Smiley/OCD

2 favorites...King Triton's Shipwreck al Forno at Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk resort (a breakfast calzone) UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Pooh's stuffed french toast from Crystal Palace. (our first "official" WDW meal on every trip!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Pooh's stuffed french toast from Crystal Palace. (our first "official" WDW meal on every trip!!!
Actually it is Pooh’s PUFFED toast. People on this forum kept calling it “stuffed” so I went in expecting it to have a filling (like bananas in Tonga Toast.) Pooh’s Puffed Toast is basically warm fried dough (which “puffs” up) dipped in cinnamon and sugar. (It is not dipped in egg like French Toast.)

AND IT IS AMAZING!!! :hungry::hungry:

Smiley/OCD

Actually it is Pooh’s PUFFED toast. People on this forum kept calling it “stuffed” so I went in expecting it to have a filling (like bananas in Tonga Toast.) Pooh’s Puffed Toast is basically warm fried dough (which “puffs” up) dipped in cinnamon and sugar. (It is not dipped in egg like French Toast.)

Yes...it is puffed...I typed too fast...

crxbrett

My favorites;
Kona Cafe
Grand Floridian Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Okay, we get it - you love cafes!

:p;) Just teasing, I love all of those, too!

What? No love yet for Boma? Hands down THE best buffet in WDW for breakfast or dinner. Huge bonus (for us ), no characters. Their French Toast bread pudding is delicious as is the POG juice and press pot Kenyan coffee.

I am soooo looking forward to eating there for the first time on my next trip! We're actually going to do breakfast the morning we arrive and then do dinner a few nights later after AK closes. Can't wait!!!

Tinkerbella16

Kona Cafe has been my favorite place for breakfast since I was a kid - I love the macadamia nut pancakes! We also really enjoy Grand Floridian Cafe. Someone else mentioned Sleepy Hollow at MK - it has been our tradition to go there every trip for breakfast on our first full day for the nutella and fruit waffles.

We also enjoy character breakfasts - Tusker House, Garden Grill (actually love this for both breakfast and dinner), Akershus, Crystal Palace and Cape May Cafe. Those are our go to character breakfasts.

Sleep Hollow Refreshments at MK - Nutella and fruit waffle
21317668_10214492782176890_3568055320482409284_n.jpg

Akershus breakfast
14242483_10210439610129167_8286287799563387147_o.jpg
14242519_10210439609689156_4134352999396156648_o.jpg

Ohana
14206114_10210449142567472_1606391964125154453_o.jpg

Crystal Palace
14310431_10210459507866598_1744448123121612763_o.jpg

Last edited:

fizzieee

Original Poster

@Tuvalu I've read a couple of your most recent TRs and you do speak VERY highly of Pooh's puffed toast...... it must be fantastic for such high praise!!!! I have eaten breakfast at the Crystal Palace before but I must have missed this elusive toast! :facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom