Best bang for your meal?

dvcnut39

Original Poster
This not a "what's your favorite" or "what's the best value" thread, but rather, in your opinion, which restaurant gives you the most for the three categories listed below- I'll give mine.

Counter Service- Wolfgang Puck's Express (DTD)

Buffet or family style- Cape May Cafe (Dinner) (Beach Club)- best desserts I ever had

Table Service- Teppan Edo (EPCOT)

Believe me, picking between some of the choices was like picking between my children, but I drew the line and picked one.

What's your choices?

bmg

Counter Service - Earl of Sandwich (Downtown Disney)

Buffet or family style- Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Resort)

Table Service- 50s Prime Time Cafe (Hollywood Studios)

VERY HARD!

B

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Surely best value is dependant on whats being served being of decent quality?

If its average/crap it doesnt get any better because its chaep or loads of it. IMHO anyway.

Counter Service - Japan

Buffet or family style- Whispering Canyon

Table Service- Kona Cafe

LarryStoken

Believe me, picking between some of the choices was like picking between my children, but I drew the line and picked one.

a WDWMagic version of Sophie's Choice

For the highest inverse ratio of quality and price ....I have to also put a vote in for Whispering Canyon for TS

For CS I vote for the Turkey Leg.. Just something very satisfying about walking around the park caveman style with a big hunk of meat, tendons and bone

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Counter Service: Cosmic Rays (MK)
Buffet/Family Style: Tie--Ohana (Polynesian), Biergarten (Germany) dinner and a show at Germany
Table Service: Mama Melrose's (HS)

dvcnut39

Original Poster
Counter Service: Cosmic Rays (MK)
Buffet/Family Style: Tie--Ohana (Polynesian), Biergarten (Germany) dinner and a show at Germany
Table Service: Mama Melrose's (HS)

I'm really surprised at all of the hate on the boards for Mama Melrose- the meals we have gotten there have been some of the best that we have ever eaten.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We can't really understand the hate for mama's either. We really enjoyed our meal. I actually made the chicken parmesan and tomato basil sauce recipe for dinner and my husband said it was as good as mama melrose's.

Shadowdawn

cs - pecos bills and cooks of dublin (tie)

buffet - boma

i still can't get over the variety of boma and how delish everything was

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Hate? why must everything on this site be over stated and sensationalised. People don’t like Mamam Melroses because the food can be average and the service worse. It is the most inconsistent restaurant on Disney.

Phonedave

CS - Tough choice. I have a thing for Pecos Burgers, but the original (you have to ask for it) Figaro Fries are a guilty pleasure. Such junk food, but still so good. And they have to be the best value as far as fill you up for your money is concerned. Of course the extra money you spend for the coronary bypass afterwards is not included in the equation.

Buffet - Ohana now disappoints me. Garden Grill as well. Boma did not thril me - I did not find it exotic enough. Of course any buffet is going to give you as much as you want for your money. I have to say Beirgarten for this one. I still like the food, the setting, and the show.

Table Service - this is a hard one. How do you rate "the most". By sheer weight of food for dollar spent, I would say Tonys Town Square does. But then if you just want a plate load of chow, then thats all you are going to get. I am not sure what you mean by "the most" but if you just mean the amount of food, then Akershus in Norway is the answer. It is table service, but they also have a buffet - so you can fill your gullet till you need to be rolled out the door.

-dave

Diane Hughess

I TOTALLY agree about Puck's--I can't believe the portions and how yummy the food is for counter service! Last visit, we tried counter service, DD, it was an Irish-themed place with scallops on the menu, but it was really bad. We love Teppan Edo, as well--no matter how many times we go, the kids are thrilled to watch their food be made but such friendly, joking chefs. Boma was actually the WORST meal we ever had. It was a few years ago, but everything tasted like mustard, and we are not a big condiment family. We weren't on a meal plan, either. The kids were crying that they were so hungry, as even the kid's food was horrible. I was really disappointed, as Family Fun Magazine had rated it a top family restaurant! Overall, although I still enjoy eating at a variety of locations at Disney, but am sad that the menus continue to be downgraded yearly. Where you could get lobster at Capt'n Jacks, now all you can get is a crabcake. Cellier's steak choices have been diminished. Coral Reef-gotta settle for chicken while dining next to fish. I'm really thinking next time I go without a DDP, I'll take my rental car and visit Charlie's Steakhouse, Crabhouse, and other really good restaurants off-site. You get much more bang for your buck. At Charlie's, you can walk in with no reservation, and you pay $40 for a HUGE lobster tail. At Coral Reef, you make ADR's 90-180 days out, still wait an hour, and you pay $30 for a chicken breast.:wave:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Counter-service- Pecos Bills

Buffet- Boma

Table-Service- I loved the portions at the sadly closed Spoodles. For still open restaurants, I'm going to go with Kona Cafe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom