Best Attraction Queue Music

Rich T

The classic Pirates Overture, to me, is the single best instrumental ever written for a park. But you mainly hear it at the end, so Jungle Cruise is a great choice. But then, there's Splash, Pooh, (the only good thing about Pooh), Alice, Toad, Peter Pan and Big Thunder. But, yeah, Jungle Cruise's radio format is wonderful.

Overseas, though, I love the amaaaaaaaazing "Compass of Your Heart" hour-long overture written for Sinbad's Storybook Voyage. I mean, I could listen to this for hours!

:D

Last edited:

mickEblu

If TOT was still around that would be my choice by a mile. I guess if we count the Haunted Mansion foyer as part of the Q I’d have to go with that. If not, Splash/ Mad Tea Party/ POTC/ Matterhorn are up there.
I am IN LOVE with Tower of Terror’s Queue Music. Whenever I hear the echoing swing and jazz serious nostalgia kicks in.

Yes! That was my ringtone for a while. Put in a good half days work a couple years ago finding / downloading ringtones for some of my favorite DLR sounds.

mickEblu

The classic Pirates overture

Definitely a great one. A keen ear will hear the similarities between it and the Jungle Book overture from the 60s. After I mentioned it here some time ago, someone looked it up and it was in fact composed by the same person. Figures as the movie and attraction debuted the same year.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Oh man where to begin...

The Haunted Mansion Holiday musicbox. Something about that melody is so mysterious it gets me every time.
Splash Mountain: The perfect blend of positivity and excitement!
Space Mountain: The space chatter and emptiness brings on great feelings of anticipation
ToT: As spooky as it is fitting

dweezil78

Definitely a great one. A keen ear will hear the similarities between it and the Jungle Book overture from the 60s. After I mentioned it here some time ago, someone looked it up and it was in fact composed by the same person. Figures as the movie and attraction debuted the same year.

That may have been me! Both are from George Bruns. JB Overture is actually a recycled piece ("Serengeti Serenade") from Ford's Magic Skyway at the 64/65 World's Fair -- but before even that it began its start as unused piece from 1963's "Sword in the Stone!" They really did not waste anything back then!

dweezil78

The classic Pirates Overture, to me, is the single best instrumental ever written for a park. But you mainly hear it at the end, so Jungle Cruise is a great choice. But then, there's Splash, Pooh, (the only good thing about Pooh), Alice, Toad, Peter Pan and Big Thunder. But, yeah, Jungle Cruise's radio format is wonderful.

MK's Pirates used to have its own wonderful, unique queue music that had a more 70s WDW vibe to it... but for some reason the powers that be scrapped it and swapped it to ours. It's such a shame, because it really did fit Florida's environment so much better. For those who've never heard it or remember it fondly, here's the closest recreation you can find online... This never pops up on any of the usual soundtracks, so give it a listen if it's new to you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom