Best Apartments in Orlando Area??

Iknewagirlnamed

Original Poster
I am planning on moving to the Orlando area in September of this year. I have been exploring many apartment options and it is disheartening considering most of the reviews I read on most places are awful. I think I have found a great place for a great price, then read the reviews only to find that people hate living there.

For those that live in the orlando area (i prefer to live in the Winter Park area) what are the best apartment complexes to look at? I am looking for a 1-2 bedroom/1 bath around 900 square feet for around $800/month

Any help would be great!!

Iknewagirlnamed

Original Poster
There's a chance that you'll find that in Winter Garden...as mine is around that size and I'm paying $629 a month.

Is your apartment complex in a nice, safe area? What is your apartment complex? Not trying to pry, but I'm desperate for Ideas. Feel free to PM me if you choose. Also, is the complex nice?

71jason

You're not going to find that in Winter Park.

You can find a much smaller 1-bedroom for the low $800s in the general Sea World area (there's four big complexes along Westwood Blvd, a few more along I-Drive). A two-bedroom will be mid-$900s to little over a grand. Decent to very nice complexes, about as safe as you're going to find. There's some nice places right behind WDW, as well, a bit pricier. Happy to give you more info if you want.

Here's the thing, tho...you do realize metro Orlando is huge? Do you know where you will be working? No point looking in Winter Park if you'll be working near the attractions, and no point looking in Winter Garden if you'll be working in Winter Park.

Iknewagirlnamed

Original Poster
You're not going to find that in Winter Park.

You can find a much smaller 1-bedroom for the low $800s in the general Sea World area (there's four big complexes along Westwood Blvd, a few more along I-Drive). A two-bedroom will be mid-$900s to little over a grand. Decent to very nice complexes, about as safe as you're going to find. There's some nice places right behind WDW, as well, a bit pricier. Happy to give you more info if you want.

Here's the thing, tho...you do realize metro Orlando is huge? Do you know where you will be working? No point looking in Winter Park if you'll be working near the attractions, and no point looking in Winter Garden if you'll be working in Winter Park.
Yes, I do realize that Orlando is huge. However, my boyfriend will be going to school in Lake Mary, so I am trying to find a somewhat middle ground inbetween Lake Mary and Disney World, which are 45 miles away from each other.

With that being said, yes I would love more info :) So you are saying that the nice places behind WDW will be over a grand? Good lord. Even so, I would love to know which complexes they are. What are the complexes near seaworld called? Am I being unrealistic in my hopes of finding a one or two bedroom for around $800 around 900 square feet that is actually nice and not falling apart? What should I realistically expect for that price?

Thanks for your reply :)

71jason

Yes, I do realize that Orlando is huge. However, my boyfriend will be going to school in Lake Mary, so I am trying to find a somewhat middle ground inbetween Lake Mary and Disney World, which are 45 miles away from each other.

Ouch. Trust me, it feels a lot longer than that even during rush hour. And the middle ground--downtown Orlando--is made up of mostly way overpriced condos and a lot of "unsafe" neighborhoods.

With that being said, yes I would love more info :) So you are saying that the nice places behind WDW will be over a grand? Good lord. Even so, I would love to know which complexes they are. What are the complexes near seaworld called? Am I being unrealistic in my hopes of finding a one or two bedroom for around $800 around 900 square feet that is actually nice and not falling apart? What should I realistically expect for that price?

A decent-sized two-bedroom bumps up near $1,000 here in tourist town; you may get a smallish two-bedroom for around $950, if you hunt, but rents will probably be going up as more people lease than buy.

For $800 and change, you can get a one-bedroom around here, but it won't be anywhere near 900 sq. feet. For comparison, I pay $820 for 535 sq. feet, and people think that's a good deal.

As I said, there are four big places on Westwood Blvd.--Monterrey Lakes (the cheapest, generally, a bit run-down), the Vinings at Westwood (where I live, still decent tho slipping under the new management company), Lexington and Broadwater. A couple condo places on I-Drive rent, but I forget the names. It might be worth googling the four above to get an idea for the area.

I need to stress, your b/f would be looking at an hour plus commute if he does it during rush hour. Winter Garden/Davenport would be even worse (although you can get a lot better deals there, price-wise).

Closer to Lake Mary, there are a ton of places on 436, a lot through Casselberry. Traffic on 436 is a bear in and of itself, tho, and the neighborhoods seem to vary from from "alright, I guess" to "pretty decent." You might look at Oveido, as well, but I don't know what prices are like there.

You might also want to look at Deltona, which is just east of Lake Mary/Seminole County. Mostly houses, not a lot of apartments, but still may be good deals to be had there. Would be a lot more tolerable of a commute for him, although again, could be over an hour for you if you're working over here. I know friends who do make that commute, but I don't know how they keep their sanity.

Are you definitely looking to work for the Mouse? Or just planning on visiting frequently?

Iknewagirlnamed

Original Poster
Ouch. Trust me, it feels a lot longer than that even during rush hour. And the middle ground--downtown Orlando--is made up of mostly way overpriced condos and a lot of "unsafe" neighborhoods.

A decent-sized two-bedroom bumps up near $1,000 here in tourist town; you may get a smallish two-bedroom for around $950, if you hunt, but rents will probably be going up as more people lease than buy.

For $800 and change, you can get a one-bedroom around here, but it won't be anywhere near 900 sq. feet. For comparison, I pay $820 for 535 sq. feet, and people think that's a good deal.

As I said, there are four big places on Westwood Blvd.--Monterrey Lakes (the cheapest, generally, a bit run-down), the Vinings at Westwood (where I live, still decent tho slipping under the new management company), Lexington and Broadwater. A couple condo places on I-Drive rent, but I forget the names. It might be worth googling the four above to get an idea for the area.

I need to stress, your b/f would be looking at an hour plus commute if he does it during rush hour. Winter Garden/Davenport would be even worse (although you can get a lot better deals there, price-wise).

Closer to Lake Mary, there are a ton of places on 436, a lot through Casselberry. Traffic on 436 is a bear in and of itself, tho, and the neighborhoods seem to vary from from "alright, I guess" to "pretty decent." You might look at Oveido, as well, but I don't know what prices are like there.

You might also want to look at Deltona, which is just east of Lake Mary/Seminole County. Mostly houses, not a lot of apartments, but still may be good deals to be had there. Would be a lot more tolerable of a commute for him, although again, could be over an hour for you if you're working over here. I know friends who do make that commute, but I don't know how they keep their sanity.

Are you definitely looking to work for the Mouse? Or just planning on visiting frequently?
I'd like to work at WDW, but only part time until I can move up to a serving position in one of the restaurants. In the mean time, I want to serve somewhere else.

What is your opinion of renting a house from someone?

71jason

I'd like to work at WDW, but only part time until I can move up to a serving position in one of the restaurants. In the mean time, I want to serve somewhere else.

What is your opinion of renting a house from someone?

Plenty of server jobs over in Seminole County, sort of the east part of metro Orlando, where Lake Mary is--everything from chain restaurants up to some really upscale places in Winter Park. (Let me rephrase, there were plenty of server positions...I don't get over that way enough anymore to know how the ecomony is affecting things.) Not trying to discourage you from working at Disney, but realistically a starting part-time job there would not pay your gas back and forth from Seminole.

A house is easily going to be over $1,000 a month. Probably at least $1,200 for someplace decent (Deltona might still be a bit cheaper, haven't paid attention to that area in a few years). The good news is if you can find more roommates--not hard down here, this is a transient town--it becomes a bit more affordable.

Iknewagirlnamed

Original Poster
Plenty of server jobs over in Seminole County, sort of the east part of metro Orlando, where Lake Mary is--everything from chain restaurants up to some really upscale places in Winter Park. (Let me rephrase, there were plenty of server positions...I don't get over that way enough anymore to know how the ecomony is affecting things.) Not trying to discourage you from working at Disney, but realistically a starting part-time job there would not pay your gas back and forth from Seminole.

A house is easily going to be over $1,000 a month. Probably at least $1,200 for someplace decent (Deltona might still be a bit cheaper, haven't paid attention to that area in a few years). The good news is if you can find more roommates--not hard down here, this is a transient town--it becomes a bit more affordable.
Are there any upscale restaurants that you might suggest me applying to? By the way, I truly appreciate all of this info you are giving me! :)

71jason

Are there any upscale restaurants that you might suggest me applying to? By the way, I truly appreciate all of this info you are giving me! :)

If you just walk around "Winter Park Village" and see who's hiring, there are a ton in that area. It's sort of an outdoor strip mall. There's a few on Lake Mary Blvd., as well, not to mention a ton of casual dining chains if you just need to get your foot in the door somewhere. Those are probably the two main "clusters" of restaurants around Seminole County, tho you'll find others scattered around. If there is a drawback to this area, it's that everthing tends to be spread out.

If you do end up on this side of town, there's an unofficial "restaurant row" on Sand Lake Road, between Turkey Lake Road and Dr Phillips. There's over a dozen nice restaurants there--honestly, over two dozen if I start to think about it. And of course, can always try the Mouse (407-WDW-JOBS, if memory serves), see if they're hiring at the moment.

Glad I can help.

PlutoFan4Ever

Good luck in your search. There are a lot of places to choose from with many factors to consider. I just have some advice as I lived at this complex for 4 years...

Do Not rent at Parc Vue or Alexandria Apartments! The management there is horrible and they will take advantage of you very quickly. In my 4 years there I saw 3 turnovers in the management team and the last change was the one that made me leave. :mad:

They are on 535 behind the warehouses and next to the softball field. If you head up 535 towards Reams Road you will see them on the left. Just some friendly advice.

Again, good luck!

Iknewagirlnamed

Original Poster
Good luck in your search. There are a lot of places to choose from with many factors to consider. I just have some advice as I lived at this complex for 4 years...

Do Not rent at Parc Vue or Alexandria Apartments! The management there is horrible and they will take advantage of you very quickly. In my 4 years there I saw 3 turnovers in the management team and the last change was the one that made me leave. :mad:

They are on 535 behind the warehouses and next to the softball field. If you head up 535 towards Reams Road you will see them on the left. Just some friendly advice.

Again, good luck!
Thank you. Where do you live now? Is it nice?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom