Best and Worst Queues in DLR/ DCA

NateD1226

Original Poster
I was really loving/hating some of the queues that I saw in the parks! Rodger Rabbit's queue was great and I love to experience it everytime I ride it. But Small World's queue was terrible. So many twists and turns and has no fun elements and decoration at all. What do you think are the best and worst queues?

Last edited:

NateD1226

Original Poster
Why does a queue need a story?
Let me rephrase what I meant. I think some queues could add a touch of something about the ride. I think Small World could add decorations around the queue to make it feel more fun and interactive. All you see in the queue are bushes, the exterior, and boats. I think Small World could add more decorations and interactions in the queue.

Californian Elitist

Let me rephrase what I meant. I think some queues could add a touch of something about the ride. I think Small World could add decorations around the queue to make it feel more fun and interactive. All you see in the queue are bushes, the exterior, and boats. I think Small World could add more decorations and interactions in the queue.

Hm. A good majority of the rides at Disneyland have queues that are simple switchbacks with not a lot to look at, which is fine with me. Same for California Adventure.

I don’t dislike any queues and don’t think any of them are bad.

TwilightZone

BEST QUEUES
Indiana Jones, every time entering is a blast!
Radiator Springs Racers, not fancy, but cute.
Star Tours, lots of fun!
Toy story mania, only for mr. potato head.
Monster's inc, neat!
Space Mountain, nostalgic and plays epcot music, win - win.
WORST QUEUES
Incredicoaster, what a letdown! I was really expecting some cool things when I found out they were adding an indoor queue. Nope!
Most dark rides really.

Rich T

Best: Roger, Indy, Big Thunder, Star Tours, and the indoor final stretches of Pirates and Toad.
Worst: The outdoor part of Space Mtn.

I actually do love Small World’s queue. The music, the fresh air and the wonderful Topiaries are enough for me. :)

Old Mouseketeer

Indy is mixed for me. The theming is amazing. But what it did to the functionality of Pirates and NO Sq. is one of the worst things ever to happen to Disneyland. By eliminating Pirate's side queue it cut off direct access to backstage areas for CMs, making a mess of Pirate's extended queue, and negatively impacted traffic along the river.

Space Mountain is also a mixed bag--there's a lot of theming I like, but I don't like the closing in of the most recent iteration.

Monsters makes a lot out of a small space. Racers is very immersive, although it helps if you have seen the cartoon short about Mater going back in time to witness Stanley discovering Radiator Springs.

The Fantasyland dark rides gained some modest improvements in 1983. Star Tours does a lot with an existing difficult footprint. Big Thunder is a lovely homage to Walt's introduction to Knott's Mine Train with its internal queue. ToT/Guardians were both great. Muppets was fun, while increasingly dated. And Small World is all about the facade and the clock. Those are my highlights.

BasiltheBatLord

I actually think the GotG queue is really cool. And this is coming from someone who doesn't have the first clue what Guardians of the Galaxy is.

fctiger

My favorite queues:

-Star Tours
-Indy
-RSR
-HM
-SM
-BTM
-Rodger Rabbit
-GOTG

My worst:

-IASW
-Matterhorn
-Soarin
-Dumbo
-Autopia
-Mickey Fun Wheel

The best ones are the one indoors and a story obviously but even the scenic outside ones like BTM works too IMO. But there are few I truly hate. Most of them have a charm on their own of some kind like most of the FL dark rides.

BubbaQuest

Midway Mania is the worst for me. Super cramped switchbacks with little theming. Just when you think you are getting close, you have to switchback and make one more full loop through the crowds.

Fastpasses ruined Star Tours and Roger Rabbit for me. You are either running through the best parts with a fastpass or stuck in the worst areas without one.

I like the Small World queue. The queue area itself may be boring but at least it's a nice, wide, fast moving queue. I could stare at the Small World facade all day -- just time the queue so you're there on the quarter hour!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom