Bermuda

TDF

We can sure hope. I would not expect it in 2014 though as the Magic is defiantly rumored to go back to Europe, the Magic in Alaska and Dream/Fantasy in the Caribbean. Maybe after the summer but it wouldn’t make much sense, probably see the Magic back in Port Canaveral or Miami and Wonder in Miami or Galveston.
- Justin

Disneyfalcon

I think it will come one day. There were lots of rumors it was coming next year, but those don't "seem" to have panned out. I still think it will one day.

TDF

I think it will come one day. There were lots of rumors it was coming next year, but those don't "seem" to have panned out. I still think it will one day.

It definitely will and I am sure New Yorkers would sail it out in a heartbeat. It will probably be a special one time thing while rotating the 8 night and 6 night cruises out of New York like they did.

Disneyfalcon

It definitely will and I am sure New Yorkers would sail it out in a heartbeat. It will probably be a special one time thing while rotating the 8 night and 6 night cruises out of New York like they did.

When school was out of session, the New York sailings sold very well, so I would expect the New York sailings to come back. Unfortunately for New York, Europe and Alaska sold very well too, so I think NYC will lose out in 2014.

TDF

Hey us New Yorker’s love Disney, what can we say. LOL

Anyway, yes 2014 will probably won’t happen we can hope 2015 or 2016, maybe a new ship. ;)
- Justin

sweetpee_1993

I honestly think the fact that Disney is only sailing out of Galveston when kids are IN school is what's killing them here. Sooooo many people we know have said they'd sail a cruise line that is geared towards kids if they'd sail when the kids are out of school. Tracey thinks people around here are too frugal. I dunno.

5thGenTexan

I honestly think the fact that Disney is only sailing out of Galveston when kids are IN school is what's killing them here. Sooooo many people we know have said they'd sail a cruise line that is geared towards kids if they'd sail when the kids are out of school. Tracey thinks people around here are too frugal. I dunno.

We are sailing out of Galveston twice!!! Of course, we haven't been tied to school schedules yet.

sweetpee_1993

We are sailing out of Galveston twice!!! Of course, we haven't been tied to school schedules yet.

You love Disney, tho. So many people we've talked to say they know Disney would be nicer but how much more should you pay for a little nicer? With other cruise lines doing pretty much the same itineraries (with the exception of the 8-night Bahamian we just did) a lot of people tell us they'd rather spend less to go to the same places.

BTW, do you get this, too??? Before our recent Galveston cruise whenever random people would ask where we were going for vacation and we'd tell them on a Disney cruise they all go: "Ooooooohhh..." in a very animated way. Do you get that, too?

ChuckElias

We can sure hope. I would not expect it in 2014 though as the Magic is defiantly rumored to go back to Europe,
We know you want Bermuda, but screw you! Yeah, that's right! We're going to Europe! We defy you to go to another cruise line!!

TDF

Europe proves popular for Disney and it is no suprise that they keep going back. This is why Disney needs another ship… ;)
- Justin

sweetpee_1993

As much as I'd love to do a European cruise I just can't stomach the airfare for 4. Just the flying is as much or more than our recent 8 nights in a 1 bedroom suite. I'll stay on this side of the pond and go on 2 cruises, thanks. ;)

Disneyfalcon

As much as I'd love to do a European cruise I just can't stomach the airfare for 4. Just the flying is as much or more than our recent 8 nights in a 1 bedroom suite. I'll stay on this side of the pond and go on 2 cruises, thanks. ;)

So you say until you read my trip report coming this summer. :D

ChuckElias

I know we're getting off of the "Bermuda" topic, but I have to chime in here. In all seriousness, sweetpee, the 11-night Med cruise was by far and away the best trip I've ever taken. The sights, the history, the weather. . . there's almost no comparison.

I know the airfare is hard to swallow right now, but if there's any way that you can do it -- at some point -- I honestly can't recommend it highly enough.

This isn't really a trip report, but if you'd like to see exactly where we went and some of my pictures, check out my Google map: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=Xl

sweetpee_1993

I'll live vicariously. :D

I know we're getting off of the "Bermuda" topic, but I have to chime in here. In all seriousness, sweetpee, the 11-night Med cruise was by far and away the best trip I've ever taken. The sights, the history, the weather. . . there's almost no comparison.

I know the airfare is hard to swallow right now, but if there's any way that you can do it -- at some point -- I honestly can't recommend it highly enough.

This isn't really a trip report, but if you'd like to see exactly where we went and some of my pictures, check out my Google map: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=Xl

I dunno...$6400 for round trip air for 4 (because the cheapest I've ever been able to find round trip from Houston to Barcelona was $1600 each) is pretty cost preventative. There's plenty of trips I'd take before all these others if airfare wasn't so much. With the boys at home still we can't really stomach the thought of leaving them behind to go on a European cruise or to Tokyo or Scotland or Germany, etc. Tracey working the crazy amount of hours he does, he needs to get away and decompress more often than just once a year. For now multiple trips vs. a single expensive one is what fits best. Believe me, we have a list of places to go once the boys are gone and there's just the 2 of us to pay for. I guess that's one of the perks in having our family as young as we did. They'll be gone having started their own lives and we'll be ready to go go GO. I'm not saying never will I go on a European cruise, it's just not going to be for another 5 years. ;)

5thGenTexan

I'll live vicariously. :D

I dunno...$6400 for round trip air for 4 (because the cheapest I've ever been able to find round trip from Houston to Barcelona was $1600 each) is pretty cost preventative. There's plenty of trips I'd take before all these others if airfare wasn't so much. With the boys at home still we can't really stomach the thought of leaving them behind to go on a European cruise or to Tokyo or Scotland or Germany, etc. Tracey working the crazy amount of hours he does, he needs to get away and decompress more often than just once a year. For now multiple trips vs. a single expensive one is what fits best. Believe me, we have a list of places to go once the boys are gone and there's just the 2 of us to pay for. I guess that's one of the perks in having our family as young as we did. They'll be gone having started their own lives and we'll be ready to go go GO. I'm not saying never will I go on a European cruise, it's just not going to be for another 5 years. ;)

How much is your air roundtrip to Vancouver? :)

5thGenTexan

You love Disney, tho. So many people we've talked to say they know Disney would be nicer but how much more should you pay for a little nicer? With other cruise lines doing pretty much the same itineraries (with the exception of the 8-night Bahamian we just did) a lot of people tell us they'd rather spend less to go to the same places.

BTW, do you get this, too??? Before our recent Galveston cruise whenever random people would ask where we were going for vacation and we'd tell them on a Disney cruise they all go: "Ooooooohhh..." in a very animated way. Do you get that, too?

I seriously doubt we would have gone on ANY cruise with the kids had Disney not been sailing out of Galveston. After going on NCL twice and Princess once, my wife and I think that the product that DCL delivers is worth the extra cost over the other lines. The ship looked better, there were more food choices, the dining rooms were nicer, the shows are better, etc... IMO, a Carnival ship that hits the same ports a Disney ship hits in not the same vacation. It might be cheaper, but I don't wanna be there. I think I would be up for the 4 day out of Galveston that goes to Cozumel and right back to Galveston and never get off the ship. I have read reviews of people that went on sailings out of Galveston that I am sure were going into with a dislike of Disney... nothing was right for them. Plus, after one, my kids are not gonna be happy if there is a lack of giant mice running around. :D

Yeah, people seem to be pretty enthusiastic about our trip. especially the other parents at preschool.

sweetpee_1993

How much is your air roundtrip to Vancouver? :)

Cheapest I found just now was $658 each for a total of $2632. Cheapest verandah room I saw a few days ago when browsing would run us about $6500 if we used one of our dummy bookings for the 10% off. Still looking at over $9k just to fly and cruise. That's no baggage, no hotel the night before, no transportation to/from the airport, no excursions, nothing. I'm sure we'd easily hit the $10k mark with that one. Maybe when the release the 2014 summer we can grab an Alaska sailing on opening day with a dummy booking to get the cruise cost low enough. At one time we had the Pacific coast last September coming down from Vancouver to LA that we ended up ditching because the mutli-destination flights were ridiculous. Galveston is obviously easy-peasy for travel costs. I can get to/from Port Canaveral for about $500 for gas & food. It's hard to look at spending so much more just to get to the ship. You know?

sweetpee_1993

I seriously doubt we would have gone on ANY cruise with the kids had Disney not been sailing out of Galveston. After going on NCL twice and Princess once, my wife and I think that the product that DCL delivers is worth the extra cost over the other lines. The ship looked better, there were more food choices, the dining rooms were nicer, the shows are better, etc... IMO, a Carnival ship that hits the same ports a Disney ship hits in not the same vacation. It might be cheaper, but I don't wanna be there. I think I would be up for the 4 day out of Galveston that goes to Cozumel and right back to Galveston and never get off the ship. I have read reviews of people that went on sailings out of Galveston that I am sure were going into with a dislike of Disney... nothing was right for them. Plus, after one, my kids are not gonna be happy if there is a lack of giant mice running around. :D

Yeah, people seem to be pretty enthusiastic about our trip. especially the other parents at preschool.

Oh yeah! You and I know the Disney difference and are totally willing to pay for it. People who don't know will look at the different cruise lines going to the same places and not understand or accept the price difference. We've heard a lot of people say that. I really have no clue what the other lines are like since we've never cruised anything but Disney. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom