Benefits of renting house vs staying at resort.

nat_mychelle

Original Poster
Hi we are planning our honeymoon for WDW in December and I was wondering if there were any benefits included in staying in house on WDW property. We have some friends who are doing this this summer and fiancé was asking about it. The last few times I have stayed in a resort for the extra magic hours and the free transportation. Thanks for your input!

Mouse_Trap

Basically the benefit on staying on-property is the free bus from the Airport, the ability to book fp+'s a month earlier, and a couple of extra magic hours (if you can be there from 7am, or until 2 am)

The disbenefit is pretty much the price, mostly you will may as much for a Disney motel (aka value) as you would for a top quality off-site hotel, or even your own condo/townhouse/villa.

Location/proximity is very dependant on where you stay, they are some off-site resorts which are just as close as the Disney Motels i.e. Pop Century, All-Stars etc.

To put it simply, it depends on how Disneyfied you need your vacation to be, and how much you're willing to pay for it.

Myself, despite being a huge Disney fan, I am quite happy to get off-site at the end of the day....yup, I would prefer to be on-site at a deluxe hotel.......but then, I've paid less for a 4-bedroom, 10 person villa for 10 nights then 2/3 nights would have cost in a standard room at any of the Disney Deluxes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom