• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Ben Shapiro Will be Speaking at My School

raven24

Original Poster
I attend the University of Southern California (USC), and just got word that Ben Shapiro will be speaking in two weeks.

This should be loads of fun. I will be updating this thread when possible.

EDIT: DISCLAIMER: If any of you want to talk about Ben Shapiro and his antics in general, either do so in another thread or don’t expect me to respond to any comments related to that. I caught myself doing just that today, and that is NOT the point of this thread. The point is to post updates about what’s going on at my school and my involvement with the event.

Last edited:

aw14

Advertisement
I attend the University of Southern California (USC), and just got word that Ben Shapiro will be speaking in two weeks.

In all seriousness I think you should go. I do believe you come across very intelligently and would love to hear about if you asked him questions.

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs

In all seriousness I think you should go. I do believe you come across very intelligently and would love to hear about if you asked him questions.

@raven24, I see and understand if you’re opting to not give your personal opinions on this, but I would not be looking forward to these to aspects:

Increased security (almost a given)
Possible violence among a few protesters against Shapiro speaking

What I would be looking forward to is the opportunity for ideas to be exchanged, debated, & respected. Let’s not fool ourselves. Shapiro will hold the floor, and will have the last word regardless of the topic.

raven24

Original Poster

Thank you for the kind words.

I honestly don’t believe I could handle sitting for an hour, listening to his misinformed opinions. I can no longer tolerate looking at the posts in the general thread here, let alone listen to someone in person spewing the same stuff. I’ve seen enough to know that things will go in circles.

I’m more interested in standing outside as a protester (not protesting his right to speak, but protesting the things that come from his mouth).

raven24

Original Poster
@raven24, I see and understand if you’re opting to not give your personal opinions on this, but I would not be looking forward to these to aspects:

Increased security (almost a given)
Possible violence among a few protesters against Shapiro speaking

What I would be looking forward to is the opportunity for ideas to be exchanged, debated, & respected. Let’s not fool ourselves. Shapiro will hold the floor, and will have the last word regardless of the topic.
Yes, exactly. Words spread that there will also be dogs in attendance, which has really angered the Black students on campus, myself included.

And like you said, let’s not kid ourselves. He will always get the last word and hold the floor. Not sure I want to see that in person.

Last edited:

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I’m more interested in standing outside as a protester (not protesting his right to speak, but protesting the things that come from his mouth).
Im serious. If you choose to protest, please stay away from white people dressed up in black bloc. Part of the reason they will be there is to provoke a reaction from security/law enforcement, through violent means.

EricsBiscuit

I honestly don’t believe I could handle sitting for an hour, listening to his misinformed opinions. I can no longer tolerate looking at the posts in the general thread here, let alone listen to someone in person spewing the same stuff. I’ve seen enough to know that things will go in circles.

How do you know his opinions are misinformed? Why not go and listen to him first hand and not through sources that mischaracterize what he says? If you go, you can always leave early if something offends you.

aw14

I can respect your stance. I would hope you would go. He comes with a high level of security and allows all who disagree with him, go to the front of the line and speak first.

EricsBiscuit

I can respect your stance. I would hope you would go. He comes with a high level of security and allows all who disagree with him, go to the front of the line and speak first.
Exactly. She could ask her question, have a little debate and leave if she'd like.

raven24

Original Poster
Im serious. If you choose to protest, please stay away from white people dressed up in black bloc. Part of the reason they will be there is to provoke a reaction from security/law enforcement, through violent means.
I know, I’ve considered the possible violence that will occur. If things start getting bad, I will leave. I live down the street from the school.

How do you know his opinions are misinformed? Why not go and listen to him first hand and not through sources that mischaracterize what he says? If you go, you can always leave early if something offends you.
It’s not like his views are secretive. There are plenty of videos available online of him speaking. And I’ve also seen footage of campus events that he’s been to. I am aware of his opinions, and in my opinion, they are misinformed.

It’s not about security. It’s about the lack of listening I’m expecting. There will be no listening, no asking questions of the opposing views, no interest in what we actually go through, etc. There will be statistics and numbers presented to “prove” we’re all peachy-keen.

EricsBiscuit

I know, I’ve considered the possible violence that will occur. If things start getting bad, I will leave. I live down the street from the school.

It’s not like his views are secretive. There are plenty of videos available online of him speaking. And I’ve also seen footage of campus events that he’s been to. I am aware of his opinions, and in my opinion, they are misinformed.

It’s not about security. It’s about the lack of listening I’m expecting. There will be no listening, no asking questions of the opposing views, no interest in what we actually go through, etc. There will be statistics and numbers presented to “prove” we’re all peachy-keen.
So why not go and ask a question and present your opposing view?

raven24

Original Poster
You can't possibly take that email seriously. He's never said anything even remotely racist or genocidal.
He has.

Why didn’t you ask me how I felt about the tweet (it’s not an email)? Why didn’t you ask me about my take on what was said? Instead of doing that, you thanked me for making you “laugh.” But I expected that, especially from you. No surprise whatsoever.

EricsBiscuit

He has.

Why didn’t you ask me how I felt about the tweet (it’s not an email)? Why didn’t you ask me about my take on what was said? Instead of doing that, you thanked me for making you “laugh.” But I expected that, especially from you. No surprise whatsoever.
What specifically has he said that is racist or genocidal? This should be good.

raven24

Original Poster
What specifically has he said that is racist or genocidal? This should be good.
Look it up or get someone else to do it. There’s no point in me providing evidence because I know you won’t take it seriously and will brush it off. I’ve been here before with you. This thread is not for Ben Shapiro in general, it is for updates regarding the event.

Bye, Biscuit.

Top Bottom