Being Stuck on a Ride - Which ride scene would damage your mental well-being the most?

BigDis

That exact scenario happened to me when I was a kid, back in the mid 90s! I could never remember what ride that was from, and when I went to Disney as an adult I couldn't find it. We went after The Great Movie Ride closed, so that's why. Thanks for filling in the missing info to my memory.

However, I think the worst ride to be stuck on would be It's a Small World. I can barely stand it even without being stuck.
Glad to be of assistance.

Fox&Hound

My family and I got stuck on Pirates during the Yo Ho, Yo Ho song and after 20 mins the lights came up and they turned off the audio. All the pirates and animals kept singing while moving their moths but no words came out and the chickens chased each other around while you could see the metal poles they are on. It was the best day!

Walt Disney1955

We were stuck in that one scene for a little bit in "Living with the Land". It was the greenhouse part where it isn't air conditioned. It wasn't long, but long enough to notice.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I got stuck on Splash for about 10 minutes right in front of Br'er Bear with a beehive on his nose. Hearing him yell "Ow! Ow! Ooh ow!" for 10 minutes does get grating. Also Br'er Rabbits dialouge wasn't working so it was uninteruppted "Owowowowow!!!"

Raineman

More physical then mental, would the the backwards descents you get coming down into the graveyard scene in HM, and coming down from the top of SSE. Being at that angle, pressed back into the seat, at least for me anyway, would possibly cause some lower back issues if in that position for an extended period, and possibly kick in my claustrophobia a bit, as it would be harder for me to sit straight up and not have that feeling of being held down in the seat.

Heppenheimer

I was never stuck on it, but that swirling light vortex on the old Dreamflight/If You Could Fly would probably have made me puke if I had to sit in front of it for a long period of time.

smooch

Not in WDW but my family got stuck on Soarin' for like 35+ minutes and we were just stuck in the air with Patrick Warburton telling us to remain seated and that the flight crew was working on bringing us down, then telling us the same thing in Spanish. That got pretty annoying even though I love Patrick's voice so much.

arich35

We were stuck on Spaceship Earth at the top for about 10 minutes, we were right in front of one of the speakers and it kept repeating the same we are stuck message, over and over.

eandm

Small World in front of the south seas volcano with the drums playing ….. we actually were stuck there for like 45 minutes before getting off --

Weather_Lady

My husband and daughter once spent 30+ minutes stuck in it's a small world. I'm not sure which scene(s): I just know that after they finally got out, they had the thousand-yard stare of shell-shocked soldiers, and insisted on just sitting on a bench for several minutes in total silence, to "get that song out of our heads."

That was 4 years ago, and DH is still hesitant about riding it.

KBLovedDisney

My husband and daughter once spent 30+ minutes stuck in it's a small world. I'm not sure which scene(s): I just know that after they finally got out, they had the thousand-yard stare of shell-shocked soldiers, and insisted on just sitting on a bench for several minutes in total silence, to "get that song out of our heads."

That was 4 years ago, and DH is still hesitant about riding it.
PTSDFIASW

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder From It's A small World.

J_Carioca

I got stuck on Splash for about 10 minutes right in front of Br'er Bear with a beehive on his nose. Hearing him yell "Ow! Ow! Ooh ow!" for 10 minutes does get grating. Also Br'er Rabbits dialouge wasn't working so it was uninteruppted "Owowowowow!!!"

I don't know why but this made me laugh out loud. And I'm suffering from severe Post-Disney Depression today, so that's a big accomplishment.

J_Carioca

The existing Carousel of Progress makes me crazy as it is, so if I were to get stuck in there for longer than necessary I would seriously go nuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom