Being a character/face character during WDWCP

egionet

Your chances of getting it are great if you have the ability to dance and animate. Your big problem is getting to an audition. You will have to attend a presentation at a school that holds an audition. I really wanted to do entertainment when I was on my CP, but there was no place near Clemson that held auditions. But I went, did operations, and had a great time.

One thing that a lot of CPs do, is to get a non-entertainment role and then audition when you're down there. They hold character auditions for CPs near the end of the program and will allow them to extend as entertainment if they make the audition. Also I know tons of ladies that were face characters that were CPs. Your chances as a CP are just as great as everyone else. They don't care, as long as you look the part. Plus you have to remember that the princesses are young ladies, and so are most of the CPs.

Please don't rule out not doing the CP because you are unable to audition for an entertainment role. It's so much fun regardless. Good luck!

WDWKat26

Hey hey!
Okay here goes:
1. That's awesome that you want to dance. If you do choose the college program, and you want to be in Entertainment, dancing skills are very important. The higher your dance and animation scores, the better chance you have of making it into entertainment. I believe it is in the CP contract that the CP's have to be trained for 2 things whether it be shows or parades. Usually it's parades.
2. Your chances of being a fur character are automatic, that is where every entertainment CM or CP starts off. CP's are chosen for face characters, and it definitely is possible. But of course, that is up to the people who pick the face characters that choose if you have the right features or not. If you are in face, you will also be in fur. It is not one or the other. Although if you did get face you would probably work more as a face character than a fur character, you still have to do both. I'm just curious, how tall are you?

If you have any other questions, IM me...i'm in Entertainment so i'll be able to help you out :)

kcw

Original Poster
um i'm either 5'4" or 5'5"- it kinda depends on who measures me! haha I know that heights are very important in determining all of this- do you know what my height would do to me???

Mecha Figment

It is rare for a CP to get a Face character although I went to school with a fellow student who got to be Belle and is actualy one of the current fulltime belle's now. But Face characters have to learn a lot and i mean a lot of information because if you can imagine the biggest fan of a character X that by 10 and you will meet them on the job with countless questions.

one good example is that Mary poppins has to be able to say supercallafragolistic expealoadotious. Spell it.. say it backwards and spell it backwards.

egionet

Magicmyway said:
Wow! I didn't that characters had to know how to do all that! So what all do they have to do at the audition?

Basically you stand there and they will look at you. Then they will decide if you look like any characters. They may have you read something to make sure you don't have manly sounding princess or a femine prince. But for the most part you don't do anything. They teach you how to act like a princess and all the lines in training. Like I said before I knew a lot of entertainment CPs that auditioned for face when they got down there and did that most of the time. So your chances are good if you look the part.

Magicmyway

Sooo just out of curiosity... if all they do is look at you, wouldn't everyone audition just to see? I mean, I'm sure it's hard to actually get it... but why not try, right?

egionet

Magicmyway said:
Sooo just out of curiosity... if all they do is look at you, wouldn't everyone audition just to see? I mean, I'm sure it's hard to actually get it... but why not try, right?

That's exactly what a lot of people do. Two of my four roommates went. Neither of them got asked, but it's just fun to do it. I wanted to go, but I never had a chance due to my work schedule.

Magicmyway

Awesome... Thanks for all the answers! You are a great help!!! I might try just for fun... but Im pretty sure I look like no one.. hey I can dream lol! Thanks again!!

bsummer

I went just for fun at the end of my program and got approved. I just don't know what for. Me and my friend who was in entertainment think it was Peter Pan. But I don't know for sure. They told me since it was so close to the end of my prgram and since I couldn't extend I should be able to come back and work in the summer. So I'm hoping to come down and work for this summer only. We'll keep our fingers crossed!:D

spideypool.55

Hey hey!
Okay here goes:
1. That's awesome that you want to dance. If you do choose the college program, and you want to be in Entertainment, dancing skills are very important. The higher your dance and animation scores, the better chance you have of making it into entertainment. I believe it is in the CP contract that the CP's have to be trained for 2 things whether it be shows or parades. Usually it's parades.
2. Your chances of being a fur character are automatic, that is where every entertainment CM or CP starts off. CP's are chosen for face characters, and it definitely is possible. But of course, that is up to the people who pick the face characters that choose if you have the right features or not. If you are in face, you will also be in fur. It is not one or the other. Although if you did get face you would probably work more as a face character than a fur character, you still have to do both. I'm just curious, how tall are you?

If you have any other questions, IM me...i'm in Entertainment so i'll be able to help you out :)
Do you have to be a face character or can you just apply to be a fur character? And what does it take to be a fur character?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Do you have to be a face character or can you just apply to be a fur character? And what does it take to be a fur character?

All face characters performers (not actors and singers in shows) have to also be fur characters.

You apply, audition, and either get picked or get put in the "pool" until they have a requirement for your height range.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom