Behind-the-Scenes in WDW IT tour... are you in?

Would you pay for a tour of WDW IT infrastructure?

• Yes

Votes: 38 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Other (describe)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Original Poster
How many of you would pay for a behind-the-scenes tour detailing the information technology infrastructure behind the Magic of Walt Disney World.

Never mind that it's unlikely; I'd just like to get a sense of how many might be interested in such a tour.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Who wants to look at a bunch of server rooms or ancient PCs still running windows 95?

That's not Windows 95, it's a newer Windows with theming disabled or it's a terminal server connection on Windows Server. Windows 95 didn't have a gradient title bar.

Texas84

I was on a discounted backstage tour for an IT conference and they took us to the 'computer room' door in the MK tunnels but they wouldn't let us in. Anyone know what's in there? I'm guessing a bunch of PLC racks.

JIMINYCR

Even though I'm not much of a tecchie guy, I'm sure some of the things on the tour would astound me...and it would be highly interesting even for me to see the intricate workings behind the scenes.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
How many of you would pay for a behind-the-scenes tour detailing the information technology infrastructure behind the Magic of Walt Disney World.

Never mind that it's unlikely; I'd just like to get a sense of how many might be interested in such a tour.
I'm not sure there is a heck of a lot to see. As far as I know most of it is off-site in data centers. Each attraction has local computing power, but nothing more than a couple of racks or so.

Janir

I'd totally be down with that! But I'm a IT guy so I'd like to see how they rigged things up. Maybe get me a leg up on some job openings there. ;-)

Baums101

I'd love to see how everything is done IT wise comparatively now versus say 1982. With that said my knowledge of computers only goes so far so I'm sure my attention would dip as the tour went on 😝

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Original Poster
In my imagination, there exists a WDW "Control Centre" in which 100 or so technicians sit at darkened desks monitoring the entire complex in all its complexity -- tracking troublesome guests, troubleshooting slow connections, blocking intrusion attempts... think the NORAD control center as depicted in War Games. That's what I'd pay to see...

drizgirl

In my imagination, there exists a WDW "Control Centre" in which 100 or so technicians sit at darkened desks monitoring the entire complex in all its complexity -- tracking troublesome guests, troubleshooting slow connections, blocking intrusion attempts... think the NORAD control center as depicted in War Games. That's what I'd pay to see...
View attachment 386355
Have you tried using the app lately?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom