Beginning or End of September

disneygirl1

Hi All! Have a quick question... If you were going to go to Disney in September, would you think it would be better to go the first week of September or the last full week of September? My main concern is the weather. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

danpam1024

Last week, 1. No lingering Labor Dayers
2. Slightly cooler
3. Closer to the end of Hurricane Season!!
4. Kids are back in school everywhere.

Upvote 0

fascion216

the last week. its not as hot .. the MNSSHP is going on at the MK youve got the food & wine festival going on at EPCOT .. hopefully, i will see you there as thats when im going!

Upvote 0

Pirate-Mom

I was totally thinking the same thing... I am just concerned, about taking my son out of school so early in the year.

September is our favorite time of year to make the trip - we've been every September since 2002 - but as our kids get older, we're finding it harder and harder to pull them out of school for the week. The amount of homework and info they miss will soon outweigh the benefits of making the trip at this time of year, but that will depend on the ages/grades of your kids and your own school's expectations.

I do think September is one of the best times for all the reasons already mentioned here - lighter crowds, lower rates, MNSSHP and Food/Wine, better weather - and agree that late September is better than early in the month.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone! We decided to take a late flight from Philly on 9/22 and come home 9/27. It is a quick trip, but at least my son will only miss 3 days of school. Hey, how can I not take advantage of the free dining offer I was so lucky to get. Two of my very good friends decided that they want to come with my son and I. It should be a great time. They have never been to the Food and Wine Fest. or MNSSHP, so I am excited to share the experience with them. Now, if I can only keep this trip a secret from my son!! :lol:

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I am going to have to say the first week. Crowds are very light. We have been the past two years and there were no Labor Day crowds. I was really scared and expected Labor Day weekend to be bad but both years were wonderful. Typical wait for the mountains were 10-15 minutes and it wasn't usually that long it was walk on. It is still hot but I like it that way. MNSSHP started early last year and we attended the first party on the 5th, it was not crowded at all either.

Upvote 0

scan_man

also if you love concerts the Night of Joy the weekend after Labor day is one of the best ones I have been to minus Jesus Northwest. another great reason to go the first part of September over the end of September.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom