Beginners Question about Cricut

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I am a mediocre scrapbooker and have been looking at the Cricut Expression for some time now but I have a couple of questions as I really don't know that much about them so excuse my ignorance.

It looks to be really worth the money in the long run with the frames and lettering that you can make but I am a bit confused about the Disney shapes and characters that you can make.

Do they print in layers with different color paper and you put them together or do they use ink and are flat?

I am two seconds away from ordering if it is going to save me from buying embellishments because I spend a ton on them.

Also do I need the expression or will the other one (I forget the name) be okay?

Thanks! :)

Fran98765

You cut each color separately and then put them together. I don't have either, (I digital scrap) but if you are getting one you should get the Expression, it's a lot bigger and has more functions.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
You cut each color separately and then put them together. I don't have either, (I digital scrap) but if you are getting one you should get the Expression, it's a lot bigger and has more functions.

Thanks that was I thought but I don't know that much about them. I did order one and I ordered the Expression. Now I just need to find the best place to buy the cartridges. I know that they put them on sale at Micahels after Thanksgiving really cheap but I don't want to wait that long! Can't wait til it gets here.

Coree

I just have the regular one and I definitely love it. Michael's puts them on sale really cheap every once in a while. There are also a few Web sites that have pretty cheap prices if you do a search. Have fun!

elisatonks

I agree with getting them at micheals when they are on sale, i saved about 50% on the last set i bought. If you are using for scrapbooking def recomend the expression, unless you are only planning on doing 8x8 scrapbooks or card making then you will be okay with the create. (I bought the create to help with my cardmarking - i only recently have started scrapbooking as well, and must admit it makes doing scrapbooking a little harder. Its great for card making tho.)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I just have the regular one and I definitely love it. Michael's puts them on sale really cheap every once in a while. There are also a few Web sites that have pretty cheap prices if you do a search. Have fun!

Right now they are 89.99 at Michaels..Ouch! I saw them there at the Black Friday sale last year for 29.99. Even though I didn't have a Cricut I started to get them because I knew that I wanted one. Wish I would have.:hammer:

I agree with getting them at micheals when they are on sale, i saved about 50% on the last set i bought. If you are using for scrapbooking def recomend the expression, unless you are only planning on doing 8x8 scrapbooks or card making then you will be okay with the create. (I bought the create to help with my cardmarking - i only recently have started scrapbooking as well, and must admit it makes doing scrapbooking a little harder. Its great for card making tho.)

I am so super excited I went with the Expression not knowing what either one really did..lol I will be mainly using it to scrapbook 12 x 12 pages. I have only scrapbooked Disney and I have a ton of Non-Disney pictures that I need to do something with. I was thinking of doing a yearly type thing with them or something. I am most excited about having it for the lettering instead of trying to find stickers and such plus I spend a ton on embellishments. I think the card making they show on the website is amazing too.
Are the cartridges that come with the Expression pretty good? I know I will have to give in and buy the Mickey Font one now tho. :dazzle:

mouselvrmom

Congratulations on your purchase! I have the little cricut and absolutely love it! The mickey font and all the character cartridges are wonderful for those disney trips! I would love the expression so that I wouldn't have to cut my paper to use.

If you go online you can often find sales on cartridges. I found this one while doing a search. http://www.ohmycrafts.com/licensed.aspx

I'm sure you'll soon find that buying cartridges can become a dangerous addiction. :lol:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Congratulations on your purchase! I have the little cricut and absolutely love it! The mickey font and all the character cartridges are wonderful for those disney trips! I would love the expression so that I wouldn't have to cut my paper to use.

If you go online you can often find sales on cartridges. I found this one while doing a search. http://www.ohmycrafts.com/licensed.aspx

I'm sure you'll soon find that buying cartridges can become a dangerous addiction. :lol:

Thanks for the link. I am still waiting for it to get here, maybe today will be the day. I can already tell that I will have to all the Disney cartridges. I am trying really hard to be good though since I am supposed to be saving for our trip in November. If I can a good deal though I would have to buy one ore two maybe. :lookaroun

princess5195

I have the original Cricut ( the one that only cuts up to 6 inches). I got most of my cartriges from ebay. I think the most I paid for one (including shipping) was $40. Most were between $15-$30. There is also a wesite WWW.customcrops.com that puts most of their cartridges on sale for $30. I haven't bought any for a while because I got a Pazzles Inspiration. With that machine you don't have to buy cartridges, you can just download what ever images from the computer or even make diecuts from your photos, coloring books, kids drawings, ect. It also has more versitile accessories and can cut up to 24 inches.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I have the original Cricut ( the one that only cuts up to 6 inches). I got most of my cartriges from ebay. I think the most I paid for one (including shipping) was $40. Most were between $15-$30. There is also a wesite WWW.customcrops.com that puts most of their cartridges on sale for $30. I haven't bought any for a while because I got a Pazzles Inspiration. With that machine you don't have to buy cartridges, you can just download what ever images from the computer or even make diecuts from your photos, coloring books, kids drawings, ect. It also has more versitile accessories and can cut up to 24 inches.

Thanks for the info- I was able to snag the Disney & Friends at Michaels for 40.00. I should have bought another one but I felt really too guilty to do that after what I spent on the Cricut. :lookaroun I have played with it some and I am still learning about it. It is very fun, I just need to get through canning season before I have the time I would like to have to play around with it more. :brick:

celticdog

Keep in mind, that QVC and HSN will have package deals on both the Expressions and the smaller machine. They also have package deals on cartridges.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Keep in mind, that QVC and HSN will have package deals on both the Expressions and the smaller machine. They also have package deals on cartridges.

Thanks, I never thought of that, I guess because I have never actually watched either one. :lookaroun Maybe I need too!

eagles

Thanks, I never thought of that, I guess because I have never actually watched either one. :lookaroun Maybe I need too!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, back away from the TV. i have stuff still in boxes here that i bought back in april/may from them. that tv shopping can become your downfall, stay away from it!!!!!:lol:

mouselvrmom

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, back away from the TV. i have stuff still in boxes here that i bought back in april/may from them. that tv shopping can become your downfall, stay away from it!!!!!:lol:

:lol::lol: I thought of you when disneyshe said she had never thought to watch qvc. I thought about warning her about the dangers. :lol:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster

:lol::lol: I thought of you when disneyshe said she had never thought to watch qvc. I thought about warning her about the dangers. :lol:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:I think that maybe that is why I have never watched it. Online shopping gets me in enough trouble as it is!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom