Before you go to Disney?

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Just interested to know what peoples do before they go to Disney. I live in the UK... only 79 days to go!!! but the time is passing sooooooo slowly and i trying to think of things to do. What does everyone do to make the time go quicker????? e.g. countdown calenders (things like that)

I cannot wait to go!!!!!
Look forward to any replies

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Plan the event with military precission. Ensure there are contingency plans and have a back up to them.
Produce a schedule that everyone can agree on. Including suggestions for meals etc. try to get seats for dinner Ha Ha.
Watch the video, visit the web sites and bore everyone at work stupid.
That should just about cover it.

sig

I agree with Happy Snapper, especially the bit about boring people at work. My co-workers can't wait to get rid of me!! It's all in fun. I have been counting down since 117 sleeps, I only have 2.5 days of work left before I leave on Tuesday, I wisely took Monday off! I have been grinning nonstop this past week because it is sooo close now. Having internet access at my desk... I have printed off the park hours and a blank calendar to finalize priority dates for certain parks, and lists, all the lists!

Six more sleeps!! Here we come!

Figaro

We make a countdown chart to hang on the fridge. We also listen to the WDW music cd in the car and around the house. Start watching all the animated videos and dvds.

And, as I mentioned in another post, watch the Disney vacation video. My son is driving me crazy with that thing! 3 x's a day! Every Day! And we aren't going until Sept! :hammer:

Yellow Shoes

put Disney wallpaper on your computer and change it frequently

draw mickey heads everywhere

break in the shoes you plan on wearing

buy film when you see it on sale

make, then change PS's several times

look for rain ponchos on sale--make sure everyone has one

try to wipe that silly grin off your face

:animwink:

starsky

Generally talk and think about WDW all day. I'm a little ahead of you, in 70 days time we'll just be settling into our accommodation. :sohappy:

Erika

1. I keep a countdown

2. I read everything I can about WDW (even though I have been there before) and memorize as much as I can.

3. I read MORE stuff about WDW, especially from this site (WDWMagic) and Deb's (www.wdwig.com). I read all the restaurant menus and pick out my favorites.

4. I plan every moment of my trip, even though I know that as soon as I get there, any plans will be out the window! Why bother? I don't like vacations where everything is scheduled. But planning DOES make the time go faster.

5. I listen to my "Parks" cd and sing It's A Small World, A Pirate's Life For Me, and Grim Grinning Ghosts to anyone who will listen.

6. I watch home movies from previous Disney trips.

By the time it is time to leave, everyone I work with is thouroughly irritated and glad to see me go.

adr315

I just look at pics online, and videos, etc...... and this happens EVERY time i go, and i usually go 2+ times a year!! hehe

disneydentist

For the last week we play a different Official Album in the office every day. Our patients are so used to it that they come and say "Gee, the Disney music, when do you leave?"

16 days to go.

Pioneer Hall

I start my countdown the day I return for my next years trip. About 9 months out or so the hotel and transportation is booked. Then i just wait and wish I was there. Then about a month before I go I start to go nuts. Intercot Radio is playing on my PC almost 24/7. And in the cars CD's are playing. Travel Planning video at least once a day (usually while I schedule). then I watch at least one animated movie every morning I can. I also watch Vault Disney on the Disney Channel. I make schedules and Dining Reservations and as time really gets close finalize packing lists, confirm PS, and pack.

128 Days to Go and I can't wait!!! Wish the clock would move faster!!!!

disneydiehard

:p I will be at Disney exactly 14 days from today and I have been counting down since May of last year!!! This is my third trip to WDW and each time, I count the days from the second I book the trip!

Here are some things that I do to help pass the time...

:sohappy:
start picking out "park outfits" - it's never too early to get ready.
read as much as you can about Disney. I have read and own countless numbers of books and guides - it's amazing all of the little details you can find. It also helps keep you entertained.
talk to people who have been there, share stories and pictures.

ONLY 14 DAYS TO GO!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEE:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

disneytati

Hi, guys!

1. I watch all the videotapes from previous trips, and vacation planning videos.

2. I listen to disney music and sing them all day long (my brother can't stand me anymore)

3. I talk about Disney to all my friends at the university every day.

4. I pray to all the Gods I know to make me have money to go there and that nothing wrong happens to spoil my dream.

5. I see all the pictures from previous trips, and brochores I bring from the parks.

I do all these things while waiting for the next disney trip, thus during the whole year!!!

Kisses from Brazil! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

DixieBelle97

Countdown on calendar.

Watch Disney movies a lot.

Watch WDW planning videos, etc. until the day of the trip. If you only have one, watch it over....and over....and over, until your mind is overflowed.

110 days to go!!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

disneyfan123

Original Poster
thanx

Wow!!!!! Thank you for all the replies. I already have a countdown calendar drawn up and hanging on a door in the kitchen. I just cannot wait!!!! I come onto this forum to talk to everyone on here - because no one understands how magical disney actually is and why i am so desperate to be there!!!!!!!

thanx once again for all your suggestions.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
*only 78 days to go*

LoriL

I leave a week from Saturday! Now I am making my packing lists and also a grocery list so that whwn we stop at the store on the way to the hotel, we are ready to run through the market and get out as quickly as possible.

Go to the library and read any books that you haven't already about Disney and the parks. Some of the histories are great.

stingrock23

I actually have been counting down since September. I'm not going until October 2002. 171 days left. I've pretty much been counting down since then, and will continue to do so. I check websites and listen to music everyday and it makes me wish these next 171 days would fly by.

Dwarful

Hey HappySnapper...loved the military precision remark...my husband, kids, nieces/nephews and my sister all call me "Sgt. Schildroth...The Disney Dictator" because I go crazy when doing the disney planning...I read the guide books...I am hooked on them! Official one and the others! I also watch the video with the kids...my daughters (5 & 2) love to watch their "Disneyland Sing Along" it shows some of the rides in great detail, its really DL not DW but some of the rides are the same. I do plan meals and find out when E-ride nights are, evening parades etc so I know what parks we will be hitting when. This yr. esp. helpful because the older kids wont be with us the entire time...can you see forcing a 15 yr old on Small World???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom