Before Frozen Fatigue sets in...

COrunner

Original Poster
So the Maelstrom is gone to make way for Frozen, the M&G lines are running in the hours long and now the parade will get the treatment too.

I'm trying to think back if there was ever a Disney IP that caused them to push all the chips in and beat people over the head with it until people were begging them to stop.

Here is my list so far:

-Mid 00's: Toy Story
-Early 00's: Pirates of the Caribbean
-90's: Hollywood studios and 'live' shows
-80's: ...

lebeau

Assume for a moment that you are not a Disney obsessive who follows everything Disney does.

From the point of view of such a person - the type of person the rest of the world would describe as "normal" - do you think "Frozen fatigue" is a real thing?

We talk about it a lot in the fan community. But I submit that outside of a people who immerse themselves in Disney extensively, people are actually still hungry for more Frozen.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Here is my list so far:

In the 80's and 90's there were still enough people in the company who understood that quality and cleanliness was an important to factor and that guest satisfaction AND profits were achieved through these, not simply catering to the lowest common denominator.

Disney used to give people something they didn't expect, now they just give people what they want.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Assume for a moment that you are not a Disney obsessive who follows everything Disney does.

From the point of view of such a person - the type of person the rest of the world would describe as "normal" - do you think "Frozen fatigue" is a real thing?

We talk about it a lot in the fan community. But I submit that outside of a people who immerse themselves in Disney extensively, people are actually still hungry for more Frozen.

I understand what you point is and find it valid to an extent.

I'm a Mom who took my DS to WDW every year and he was never a Princess loving male kid. What will like families of young boys that are not immersed into WDW like many of us are over all impression of WDW be? Will there overall conclusion be that WDW is all about Princesses and geared towards families with girls? Will subsequent visits be to Uni because there is more for families that have boys? I can see this Freeze everything backfiring on a demographic of guests over the long haul.

Princesses are pretty gender specific unlike Lion King and Toy Story.

sweetpee_1993

I'm a Mom who took my DS to WDW every year and he was never a Princess loving male kid. What will like families of young boys that are not immersed into WDW like many of us are over all impression of WDW be? Will there overall conclusion be that WDW is all about Princesses and geared towards families with girls? Will subsequent visits be to Uni because there is more for families that have boys? I can see this Freeze everything backfiring on a demographic of guests over the long haul.

There IS entertainment factor in ripping the Freeze crap loudly to trigger reactions in people around you. I found this to be delightful entertainment. ;)

Chef Mickey

Too late.

268752.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Here is my list so far:

I remember Finding Nemo being such a big thing fifteen years ago. Such a craze. There is still no shortage of Nemo in WDW, even if it was Pixar.

71jason

Stitch. Ironic coming from me, I know.

^ This. Still not sure Frozen approaches forced Stitch Mania at its height. If anything, Frozen feels more grassroots, with guests clamoring for more merch and standing in line 5 hours. Stich was just kind of forced out there (and I loved the movie).

lebeau

I am going to disagree with you.

I have seen a lot of boys at princess meals and meet and greets. I guess no one told them they weren't supposed to be there.

Conversely, pre-New Fantasyland, most of the attractions at Disney World had themes that traditionally skew male. Even now, there are really very few things devoted to princess at Disney World. Let's break it down:

Rides:
The Little Mermaid
Frozen (coming soon)

Shows:
Enchanted Tales With Belle
Beauty and the Beast Live
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Granted, there are princesses in the parades and there are princess meet and greets. But there are tons of non-princess characters in the parades and meet and greets as well.

Can girls like Toy Story? Sure. But there are very few female characters in the cast and the ones that are there are clearly in supporting roles. Boys can like Tangled or Frozen which figures much more prominent male characters than Toy Story or Lion King features female characters.

Sorry if this comes across like I'm going off on you. This isn't directed at anyone in particular. But the idea that Disney World is in any danger of becoming repellent to boys and a haven to girls is a myth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom