before disney websights

epcot71

Original Poster
i spend 4 hours a day -sometimes more on disney related sights-been online for about 2 years now-late bloomer.im addicted-anyway before my computer i used to get my fix on 2 things -my collection of disney related books-about 5,000 dollars worth-every binrbaum disney book since 1986 to present,etc-i have had the disney channel since 85-i think the first year it came out-when it stop programming at midnight and started at 7 -there were so many disney theme park related shows on the disney channel-all the time-there were 5 or 6 different shorts between shows always giving info about disney parks-one was called"imagion" that was based from epcot and showed new technology from epcot-really cool stuff-also one that showed new attractions and and behind the scenes stuff at disney world etc-then there was a show called disney world -inside -out that was hosted by the news anchor from tech-tv and then renamed inside-out-with george forman -the boxer hosting-really cool show-----now for the last 3 years there has not been any-and i mean any disney theme park shows,shorts, or anything at all-nothing-dont they realize there is a sub-culture of us around ? i still keep channel for kids but i dont bother watching anymore

mightyduck

Originally posted by epcot71
i spend 4 hours a day -sometimes more on disney related sights-been online for about 2 years now-late bloomer.im addicted-anyway before my computer i used to get my fix on 2 things -my collection of disney related books-about 5,000 dollars worth-every binrbaum disney book since 1986 to present,etc-i have had the disney channel since 85-i think the first year it came out-when it stop programming at midnight and started at 7 -there were so many disney theme park related shows on the disney channel-all the time-there were 5 or 6 different shorts between shows always giving info about disney parks-one was called"imagion" that was based from epcot and showed new technology from epcot-really cool stuff-also one that showed new attractions and and behind the scenes stuff at disney world etc-then there was a show called disney world -inside -out that was hosted by the news anchor from tech-tv and then renamed inside-out-with george forman -the boxer hosting-really cool show-----now for the last 3 years there has not been any-and i mean any disney theme park shows,shorts, or anything at all-nothing-dont they realize there is a sub-culture of us around ? i still keep channel for kids but i dont bother watching anymore

hey, I don't remember those shows... how did I miss it?

DisJosh

I remember that inside out show.....I was sad when it stopped airing. I'm just like you I have all the birnbaum books since about 1990. I also would get my Disney fix from old park pamphlets....I've got tons. Breaking out the Disney trip videos works too. If you watch the Disney channel now they have "Vault Disney" on late at nite and sometimes they show the old Walt disney presents shows, and in some of them the parks are featured.....well Magic kingdom and Disneyland. I do wish they would have some sort of show that would feature one or two certain atractions every episode......and they could report on progress of new attractions etc....the closest you get to the parks through the Disney chanel now is those little "imagineer that" clips.

epcot71

Original Poster
disney channel

i even wrote to the disney channel asking to bring back more park programming-at least something-the channel is currently catering to 2-12 year olds which having to small kids is ok but how about the "big" kids like me whos heart starts pounding everytime i saw a disney theme park short---
mightyduck---- the inside-out was around 1993-96
first was walt disney world inside-out with the one guy who is now a news ancher for tech-tv
second was just called inside-out- with george forman and a guy and girl as co-hosts-forgot their names.
the "imagion" shorts were like 1987-1992-introduction has cool theme park music with origional artwork from epcot plans the horizons attraction

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Playhouse Disney Channel will premier soon, so that means that the Playhouse Disney will probly be leaving the Disney Channel. There is hope!:)

DisneyFreak

I believe just the other night they aired the show celebrating the opening of Epcot. It was hosted by Danny Kaye and a very young Drew Barrymore.

Castle Cake Apologist

I was THERE!!

Hehe.. I remember Inside Out... very fondly. I'm in one of the episodes! It was one of the last ones...the summer specials and we were at the boardwalk and we saw a croud of people and then we saw the lady host! I forget her name!! Anyways, we got to talking to her on her break and she asked if I'd like to be on the show and I said "well, yeah" so she asked her producers and they said sure. That was a true Disney moment! Too bad that show's not on anymore... that was a good show. Me and my family used to watch it every time it was on!

wdwmaniac

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
Playhouse Disney Channel will premier soon, so that means that the Playhouse Disney will probly be leaving the Disney Channel. There is hope!

Where did find this out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom