Been watching clips of Walt...

AngieYaz

Original Poster
I was watching several clips of Walt and I was thinking....do you guys ever wish he was still here with us? I personally would LOVE to have met him. :)

MOXOMUMD

Although I would have liked to meet him, in a way I wouldn't. I'm afraid he would not be the way I picture him to be. I realize everyone is human but I don't want Walt to actually turn out to be an overbearing jerk in real life. Does that make sense?

Nemo14

If he were still here with us, he'd be turning 112 in a few weeks and would probably smell bad. Be thankful you have the technology to "see" him now.

ExtinctJenn

Although I would have liked to meet him, in a way I wouldn't. I'm afraid he would not be the way I picture him to be. I realize everyone is human but I don't want Walt to actually turn out to be an overbearing jerk in real life. Does that make sense?
I kind of agree with this. Every interview I've ever seen with him he seems incredible. Every interview I've seen with people who knew him and had the chance to work with him makes him sound incredible. But what if all of those have created an unrealistic perception for him to truly live up to? Everyone has bad days. Everyone has those certain things you don't like about them. What if I'd be disappointed when I finally got the chance? I'd be heartbroken. So... shorter answer... I'm happy not having the chance and believing the version of him I have in my head is real. :D

MOXOMUMD

I kind of agree with this. Every interview I've ever seen with him he seems incredible. Every interview I've seen with people who knew him and had the chance to work with him makes him sound incredible. But what if all of those have created an unrealistic perception for him to truly live up to? Everyone has bad days. Everyone has those certain things you don't like about them. What if I'd be disappointed when I finally got the chance? I'd be heartbroken. So... shorter answer... I'm happy not having the chance and believing the version of him I have in my head is real. :D
Exactly.

lazyboy97o

He'd be 111 years old. I can't imagine he'd still have a ton of energy. And if he never kicked the smoking habit he'd probably smell like an ash tray.

AngieYaz

Original Poster

Yes, it does. But the reason why he seemed that was because he wanted to tell a good story. The CMs would love seeing their real boss, though, and there wouldn't be any horrid movie sequels.

Last edited:

DisMe

I was watching several clips of Walt and I was thinking....do you guys ever wish he was still here with us? I personally would LOVE to have met him. :)
I'd jump at the chance in a heartbeat. Yes I know he's not perfect but he came off the way he did because he LOVED what he did. He had a wealth of information and even more passion-so for that reason i would never turn down an opportunity to sit and visit regardless of his age lol. As for the old thing- have you ever noticed the older they are the more willing they are to share very detail of the past. It's as if they are ensuring their story will continue even when they can no longer tell it. :)

AngieYaz

Original Poster
I'd jump at the chance in a heartbeat. Yes I know he's not perfect but he came off the way he did because he LOVED what he did. He had a wealth of information and even more passion-so for that reason i would never turn down an opportunity to sit and visit regardless of his age lol. As for the old thing- have you ever noticed the older they are the more willing they are to share very detail of the past. It's as if they are ensuring their story will continue even when they can no longer tell it. :)

Agreed completely. In fact, in regard to his EPCOT concept, he would have LOVED the cities of Dubai and Masdar City, along with the Venus Project, which all follow his vision of a great big beautiful tomorrow. =D

donaldtoo

I've read enough biographies, articles, etc., about that visionary, imaginative, optimistic, driven, hard-assed, stubborn, lovable man to know one thing...he was human.
And, thank God for him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom