Beds at AKL...

jsteph

So I had a friend at work, who I got excited about taking her almost 3 year old to Disney, who talked to one of her friends who went recently to the AKL. She complained that the beds were hard and uncomfortable and that the room was a long way to the pool.

Of course, she was pregnant so I think that had something to do with it.

I have been to Disney a few times and the only time I have stayed on Property is at the Shades of Green and I don't remember the beds being that hard.

I am going to POR in 3 weeks, woot, and I told her I would let her know what I thought about the beds. But one of the places I wanted to stay at in the future was the AKL with a Savannah view, so I was wondering, are the beds hard there?

Thanks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Quite honestly it is a bit the luck of the draw as the beds can vary from room to room. For the most part I have rarely had a problem with the beds at any resorts from the values to the deluxe resorts. If you do run into an issue just inform the front desk and they will do everything they can to make it right.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

We have stayed in All Star Sports, POFQ, CBR, AKL, and OKW in recent years. I can't recall any of them having beds that were any harder than the norm.

A few rooms at AKL can be a hike to the pool, but much better than some of the rooms at the Values. I have definitely walked longer from a room at All Stars to the pool/food court than I did at AKL. (And our room was at the very end of the hallway as far away from the main lobby as possible. Literally)

Upvote 0

Leebenton

I've stayed at AKL twice and both times beds have been great. Depends on where your room is as to the distance to the pool, we were on the 3rd floor to the left of the lobby half way down the hall and had about a 3 minute walk to pool. Not bad at all.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If you want the best bed, try the Swan and Dolphin. Heavenly Beds they really are. So good infact we had to buy one for home.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

If you want the best bed, try the Swan and Dolphin. Heavenly Beds they really are. So good infact we had to buy one for home.

Really?

As many have said I haven't had an issue with the beds at all. Stayed at AKL twice this year and have loved them. Have to agree I haven't had any issue with any of the beds we have had during our stay. My husband is so much in love with them he too wants to buy one for our own.

Upvote 0

AKL fan

Animal Kingdom Lodge

So I had a friend at work, who I got excited about taking her almost 3 year old to Disney, who talked to one of her friends who went recently to the AKL. She complained that the beds were hard and uncomfortable and that the room was a long way to the pool.

Of course, she was pregnant so I think that had something to do with it.

I have been to Disney a few times and the only time I have stayed on Property is at the Shades of Green and I don't remember the beds being that hard.

I am going to POR in 3 weeks, woot, and I told her I would let her know what I thought about the beds. But one of the places I wanted to stay at in the future was the AKL with a Savannah view, so I was wondering, are the beds hard there?

Thanks.

I stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge back in 2006 and 2009. I never experienced any hard mattresses. I couldn't even feel any springs. Having a savannah view is amazing. You get a stunning view of animals such as giraffes peacefully strolling around the hotel grounds. I'm going back next year in May. :)

Upvote 0

GeoDonJac34

We stayed at AKL last year, and I thought the beds were great. Then DW came down with the flu that was going around. I switched to the pullout sofa bed with DS, which was a different story altogether. Not comfortable at all.

Upvote 0

Firepath

Both my hubby and I have bad backs. We are at WDW last Sept. for our 20th anniv. We stayed 4 days at PO-FQ in a king room, then moved to AKL for 3 days. We were upgraded to a Savannah room (2 queens) which was great. But we both commented on how hard the beds were and how much more comfy and better we slept at French Quarter. They were uncomfortable enough that I would have to seriously consider whether I'd stay there again. If you don't have a bad back, you'd probably be fine. Our room and everything else about AKL was wonderful. The walk to the pool was further, but not a problem for us.

Upvote 0

mhwang

Stayed there last year, and I don't remember the beds being hard. They were quite comfortable, and the swimming pool was really nice. I can see it being a little bit of a walk for some of the rooms, but I would think the savannah views would offset that. There aren't really many resorts out there that you can wake up in the morning and watch the Giraffes grazing on trees outside your balcony.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

We've stayed in all three value, mod and deluxe and no one in our family of four has ever had any issues with the bed other than them being very comfortable. Of course maybe they were so comfortable because we were exhausted, lol. Maybe your friend had a difficult time because she was pregnant. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Stellajack

She complained that the beds were hard and uncomfortable and that the room was a long way to the pool.

We have stayed at AKL three times and did not notice anything uncomfortable about the beds. In fact, we love this resort!

Also, why not pull up a map of this resort and you can clearly see the location of the pool. There are rooms near the pool if that is your preference.

Our savannah view request has always been for a specific area (Kudu Trail-2nd floor room) which is not close to the large swimming pool at AKL. This was not a concern for us.

Clearly, the layout of this resort is very different from all other WDW resorts.
Look before you book and see what looks good to you. But, I can tell you that you will love a stay at this resort.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom