Bed Sizes

tnemgif

Original Poster
I’ve been trying to get some solid info on bed sizes at DLP hotels. When booking online, the rooms come with either 2 double beds or 1 large double bed. From pictures, it looks like the standard double bed is equivalent to an American queen size.
I struggle to share a double bed, so I’m hoping these DLP doubles are on the larger side. Do any of the seasoned travelers on here have this elusive intel? Thanks!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Maybe it depends on the hotel, because i‘m pretty sure the Newport Bay has queens, not doubles. I’d say the same for the Sequoia.

ToTBellHop

It’s closest to what is called a “full size” bed in America. 6 inches narrower and 5 inches shorter than a queen.

1583244776047.png

Bringing a cat?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Looking at the pictures on the website, and going by having stayed in nearly all DLP hotels, I stand by my original post - Sequoia, Newport, New York and Disneyland Hotels all have ”European“ queens (160 cm x 200). From memory, Cheyenne’s were smaller, so the “European“ full (140 cm x 200).

I have comfortably shared the bed with my teenager at DLP when necessary in all those hotels except they Cheyenne (it wasn’t necessary). My 18 and 20 year old nieces also shared without feeling cramped at the Sequoia. As a comparison, at my sister’s house in the US, one of the guest rooms has an “american“ full - I couldn’t share it with my child when she was only 6.

tnemgif

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the advice! We’re going to roll with 2 per bed, and hope the beds are at least a bit larger than an American full.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom