Trip Report Beauty & The Beards Reunited: LIVE! Sponsored by Smoked Turkeys

And it has begun! :D

Ok so if you didn’t see our pre-trip report which explains the title and everything about the trip, here’s the first post:

A long time ago in a magical galaxy (and something something darkside) there were two Disney Twins who were separated at birth and kept apart by the evil Atlantic Ocean (darkside!). They grew up not knowing of each other’s existence, yet their twin-ness continued on. They both grew up loving all that is Disney and knowing Walt Disney World was there home. Both got a tattoo of their favourite line from Beauty & The Beast and dreamed of Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere. Both fell in love with their bearded, tattooed soulmates and then one day, by a miracle created by Walt himself, they met on WDW Magic and noticed their similarities. They also realised that they both had upcoming trips at the same time. A meeting of fate was about to occur in December 2017...

Ok so we weren’t quiiiite separated at birth! :joyfull: Seeing as our birth dates are a couple years apart also... but that bit doesn’t matter! Alisa ( @dclfan ) and I are Disney Twins! Literally from the moment my husband Russ and I met her & her fiancé Jerome for a drink at La Cava del Tequila, we got on like we’d known each other for years. I was nervous to meet up as I can be a bit socially anxious but it wasn’t awkward at all. I even messaged Alisa 5 mins after we’d met to say how much fun it had been and about how I’d been nervous. And she replied straight away saying exactly the same, she has social anxiety too! But we’d both felt comfortable straight away. That never happens for the both of us. Disney magic! :happy:

It’s crazy. We have the most ridiculous amount of similarities and things in common. Interests, general likes and dislikes, dreams, outlook on life, right down to tv shows and other little things. Even stuff from our childhood and things we did and liked back then is similar! Let alone the fact we both have the same tattoo in the same place and both fell in love with guys who have beards and tattoos.
Alisa’s also getting married to Jerome in a small wedding abroad this year, in December- aged 29. The same age I was when I got married to Russ in December in a small wedding abroad- when I was 29! :jawdrop:
We still keep finding stuff that we’ve both done, or like, or our other halves have done or something they like that’s the same and being like “OMG we did that/we like that/that happened to us too!” It’s so much stuff now we kind of just shrug it off when something new pops up, like “Well, of course. We’re twins! Duh!”

And even better- Russ and Jerome got on like a house on fire too! In fact at first, those two were chatting away more than us! It was the best trip in December last year. We ended up meeting another 4 times and hanging out. We had such a blast. It really was like we were all old friends. When we said goodbye it was as Alisa & Jerome were going to the Galactic Nights in DHS & it was about 15 mins till the park closed to the public (Russ and I didn’t have tickets) and we all just group hugged in the middle of Hollywood Blvd for like 5 mins ha ha! :joyfull: We didn’t want to say goodbye. People must have been like what are these bearded guys & girls with Minnie ears having a giant hug about?! It’s crazy now thinking how we technically have only met for a total of about 6-8 hours. As Alisa and I have literally messaged back and forth every day since we got home. We all Skyped each other on New Year’s Eve for hours (and several times since then too) and have been totally hyped and pumped about meeting up again. We feel so far apart!! Finding a new best friend that lives in America when you’re from the U.K. is noooooo! :cry:

And so with that... this is what this pre-trip report is all about! WE’RE GOING TO BE REUNITED!!!!

I am SOOOOOOO excited to see you again Alisa!! These are the only photos of us (I don’t know how we were so lame in the photo taking over 4 days- we were having too much fun I think!) but I love these photos as they show the fun we were having.

View attachment 281780

View attachment 281783

And the one group shot of us all!

View attachment 281779

And a couple Skype shots :joyfull:

View attachment 281781

View attachment 281782

Note to selves. Lots more photos this time!! Ha ha I bet we’ll now be the total opposite and take waaaay too many photos!

Anyway, back to the trip! We’ve been planning and trying to make this happen since the day we left WDW. Russ and I have a trip booked for October but we couldn’t stay away that long- and Alisa wouldn’t let me! Originally we tried to make this happen for May, as my birthday is May 29th and over in the UK we have a holiday week at the end of May (in schools & I work in education so I get this too) and also Alisa & Jerome would be in their new Florida home & settled by then, so it was looking like the best time to plan a trip. But timing & finances just didn’t quite work out for May. Boo. So, we kept looking at another time soon that we could go & when Jerome would be home from touring. And it started to look like July could work. Seeing how much Russ and I LOVE America and that we have never been in July- let alone been there for AMERICA'S BIRTHDAY- a trip around July 4th became the plan! We're going to be visiting Alisa & Jerome in Tampa for July 4th before going to Disney World after! We are ridiculously excited. I am pumped to be there for July 4th which is new for us- and to finally be reunited with our Disney Twins! :inlove:

So... the details!

Who: Well I think you know by now- 4 crazy best-friends-within-hours Disney fans! And multiple Smoked Turkeys.

Russ & I (Sam):

View attachment 281788

Alisa & Jerome:

View attachment 281787

A smoked turkey:

View attachment 281789

When: July 5th-10th (Alisa & Jerome)
July 5th-14th (Russ & Sam)

Where: Caribbean Beach! Yep, we know about all the "magical enhancements" currently happening there (as the CM called them upon booking!) but it's such a good rate and we know what we're heading into. Plus we're going to be spending so much time in the parks and hanging out, it's not about the resort this trip. But Alisa stayed there not too long ago anyway and said it's not really that bad if you're prepared. The newish rooms seem great anyway and we're really liking the look of the new QS at one of the pools! The menu looks great.

So you may also be wondering what all this Smoked Turkey talk is about. Well, back in December we discovered (of course) that this was Jerome & Russ' favourite Disney drink. On our last day hanging out this was what we decided to drink. But as detailed in my last trip report we went from bar to bar on the Boardwalk and no-one was serving them! It felt like a hidden quest to try and find one. So the guys never got to have their drink together. I mean, many other drinks were consumed (of course ;)) but no Smoked Turkeys! It's like all they talk about together now! :joyfull:

So this trip, MANY Smoked Turkeys will be found and consumed! Russ and Jerome are coming for you speciality cocktail menu, be warned! :cool:

So I think that's everything! We have a few ADR's booked and Alisa and I have already planned a years worth of plans to fit into our 5 days together in the world, so it's going to be a crazy, awesome adventure! AND WE CAN'T WAIT!

FP+ window is Sunday so that's the next step!

64 Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays!!!! :eek::D:D:eek:

And the link if you want to read anything else in the pre-trip report!

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/beauty-the-beards-reunited-sponsored-by-smoked-turkeys.940357/

And on to right now... we’re going to DISNEY WORLD! TOMORROW!!!! :eek: :D

So today Russ and I have headed to the airport to stay overnight at an airport hotel before we fly tomorrow. I woke up at 6am today when we didn’t need to leave until the afternoon! I’m just too excited!

On our way! Waiting for the train to London.

2182896E-2E1C-47B9-8CED-E504094ECF94.jpeg

Making our way across the city!

8DB98E5A-8DA1-4DFC-8BD2-DEF30B800F0E.jpeg

51AB0AF2-0841-4B69-B738-2C9CA7CF0CCD.jpeg

Bye London!

2F1F269B-AC8B-4519-B2E7-E5FA7BC222F1.jpeg

And hello airport hotel!

58E1D947-40DA-4191-9ED2-BB8EF9E541B8.jpeg

6322812B-E75F-4EE1-980E-25DB5E870A48.jpeg

2ECD6821-52CB-4265-BBD8-3C27D659BB2D.jpeg

We’re currently watching the planes take off (runway view from the hotel!) with drinks in hand. That will be us tomorrow!

We’re on our way Jerome and Alisa!!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
And Russ and I are back in England! :cry:

I can’t believe just 20 hours ago we were flying over Pandora in AK and then how was this only 18 hours ago eating at Jock Lindsey’s before our Magical Express?!

BA0A5B90-0A6A-4363-9E02-C8F2CB007851.jpeg

I’ll update the last few days properly this week. But here’s to an awesome reunion!!

Last edited:

Megbutnotmegan

Thank you so much for sharing this trip! I loved your excitement while anticipating and planning as well as all the fun you shared. I hope you all get to do this again some day!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Thank you so much for sharing this trip! I loved your excitement while anticipating and planning as well as all the fun you shared. I hope you all get to do this again some day!

Ahh thanks for following and glad you enjoyed it! I really hope we can do it again too! I already have the Disney & friends blues!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
I just got caught up. Your report was great fun to read! How did the iridescent champagne taste? It looks so pretty!

Ahh glad you enjoyed the report! The champagne tasted like champagne- but the white chocolate minnie ears on top were delicious!!

This has reminded me that I haven't updated the last few days Russ and I spent at the parks. Time flies! It's 4 weeks ago today that we were all celebrating July 4th at Jerome and Alisa's!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom