Trip Report Beauty & The Beards Reunited: LIVE! Sponsored by Smoked Turkeys

And it has begun! :D

Ok so if you didn’t see our pre-trip report which explains the title and everything about the trip, here’s the first post:

A long time ago in a magical galaxy (and something something darkside) there were two Disney Twins who were separated at birth and kept apart by the evil Atlantic Ocean (darkside!). They grew up not knowing of each other’s existence, yet their twin-ness continued on. They both grew up loving all that is Disney and knowing Walt Disney World was there home. Both got a tattoo of their favourite line from Beauty & The Beast and dreamed of Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere. Both fell in love with their bearded, tattooed soulmates and then one day, by a miracle created by Walt himself, they met on WDW Magic and noticed their similarities. They also realised that they both had upcoming trips at the same time. A meeting of fate was about to occur in December 2017...

Ok so we weren’t quiiiite separated at birth! :joyfull: Seeing as our birth dates are a couple years apart also... but that bit doesn’t matter! Alisa ( @dclfan ) and I are Disney Twins! Literally from the moment my husband Russ and I met her & her fiancé Jerome for a drink at La Cava del Tequila, we got on like we’d known each other for years. I was nervous to meet up as I can be a bit socially anxious but it wasn’t awkward at all. I even messaged Alisa 5 mins after we’d met to say how much fun it had been and about how I’d been nervous. And she replied straight away saying exactly the same, she has social anxiety too! But we’d both felt comfortable straight away. That never happens for the both of us. Disney magic! :happy:

It’s crazy. We have the most ridiculous amount of similarities and things in common. Interests, general likes and dislikes, dreams, outlook on life, right down to tv shows and other little things. Even stuff from our childhood and things we did and liked back then is similar! Let alone the fact we both have the same tattoo in the same place and both fell in love with guys who have beards and tattoos.
Alisa’s also getting married to Jerome in a small wedding abroad this year, in December- aged 29. The same age I was when I got married to Russ in December in a small wedding abroad- when I was 29! :jawdrop:
We still keep finding stuff that we’ve both done, or like, or our other halves have done or something they like that’s the same and being like “OMG we did that/we like that/that happened to us too!” It’s so much stuff now we kind of just shrug it off when something new pops up, like “Well, of course. We’re twins! Duh!”

And even better- Russ and Jerome got on like a house on fire too! In fact at first, those two were chatting away more than us! It was the best trip in December last year. We ended up meeting another 4 times and hanging out. We had such a blast. It really was like we were all old friends. When we said goodbye it was as Alisa & Jerome were going to the Galactic Nights in DHS & it was about 15 mins till the park closed to the public (Russ and I didn’t have tickets) and we all just group hugged in the middle of Hollywood Blvd for like 5 mins ha ha! :joyfull: We didn’t want to say goodbye. People must have been like what are these bearded guys & girls with Minnie ears having a giant hug about?! It’s crazy now thinking how we technically have only met for a total of about 6-8 hours. As Alisa and I have literally messaged back and forth every day since we got home. We all Skyped each other on New Year’s Eve for hours (and several times since then too) and have been totally hyped and pumped about meeting up again. We feel so far apart!! Finding a new best friend that lives in America when you’re from the U.K. is noooooo! :cry:

And so with that... this is what this pre-trip report is all about! WE’RE GOING TO BE REUNITED!!!!

I am SOOOOOOO excited to see you again Alisa!! These are the only photos of us (I don’t know how we were so lame in the photo taking over 4 days- we were having too much fun I think!) but I love these photos as they show the fun we were having.

View attachment 281780

View attachment 281783

And the one group shot of us all!

View attachment 281779

And a couple Skype shots :joyfull:

View attachment 281781

View attachment 281782

Note to selves. Lots more photos this time!! Ha ha I bet we’ll now be the total opposite and take waaaay too many photos!

Anyway, back to the trip! We’ve been planning and trying to make this happen since the day we left WDW. Russ and I have a trip booked for October but we couldn’t stay away that long- and Alisa wouldn’t let me! Originally we tried to make this happen for May, as my birthday is May 29th and over in the UK we have a holiday week at the end of May (in schools & I work in education so I get this too) and also Alisa & Jerome would be in their new Florida home & settled by then, so it was looking like the best time to plan a trip. But timing & finances just didn’t quite work out for May. Boo. So, we kept looking at another time soon that we could go & when Jerome would be home from touring. And it started to look like July could work. Seeing how much Russ and I LOVE America and that we have never been in July- let alone been there for AMERICA'S BIRTHDAY- a trip around July 4th became the plan! We're going to be visiting Alisa & Jerome in Tampa for July 4th before going to Disney World after! We are ridiculously excited. I am pumped to be there for July 4th which is new for us- and to finally be reunited with our Disney Twins! :inlove:

So... the details!

Who: Well I think you know by now- 4 crazy best-friends-within-hours Disney fans! And multiple Smoked Turkeys.

Russ & I (Sam):

View attachment 281788

Alisa & Jerome:

View attachment 281787

A smoked turkey:

View attachment 281789

When: July 5th-10th (Alisa & Jerome)
July 5th-14th (Russ & Sam)

Where: Caribbean Beach! Yep, we know about all the "magical enhancements" currently happening there (as the CM called them upon booking!) but it's such a good rate and we know what we're heading into. Plus we're going to be spending so much time in the parks and hanging out, it's not about the resort this trip. But Alisa stayed there not too long ago anyway and said it's not really that bad if you're prepared. The newish rooms seem great anyway and we're really liking the look of the new QS at one of the pools! The menu looks great.

So you may also be wondering what all this Smoked Turkey talk is about. Well, back in December we discovered (of course) that this was Jerome & Russ' favourite Disney drink. On our last day hanging out this was what we decided to drink. But as detailed in my last trip report we went from bar to bar on the Boardwalk and no-one was serving them! It felt like a hidden quest to try and find one. So the guys never got to have their drink together. I mean, many other drinks were consumed (of course ;)) but no Smoked Turkeys! It's like all they talk about together now! :joyfull:

So this trip, MANY Smoked Turkeys will be found and consumed! Russ and Jerome are coming for you speciality cocktail menu, be warned! :cool:

So I think that's everything! We have a few ADR's booked and Alisa and I have already planned a years worth of plans to fit into our 5 days together in the world, so it's going to be a crazy, awesome adventure! AND WE CAN'T WAIT!

FP+ window is Sunday so that's the next step!

64 Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays!!!! :eek::D:D:eek:

And the link if you want to read anything else in the pre-trip report!

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/beauty-the-beards-reunited-sponsored-by-smoked-turkeys.940357/

And on to right now... we’re going to DISNEY WORLD! TOMORROW!!!! :eek: :D

So today Russ and I have headed to the airport to stay overnight at an airport hotel before we fly tomorrow. I woke up at 6am today when we didn’t need to leave until the afternoon! I’m just too excited!

On our way! Waiting for the train to London.

2182896E-2E1C-47B9-8CED-E504094ECF94.jpeg

Making our way across the city!

8DB98E5A-8DA1-4DFC-8BD2-DEF30B800F0E.jpeg

51AB0AF2-0841-4B69-B738-2C9CA7CF0CCD.jpeg

Bye London!

2F1F269B-AC8B-4519-B2E7-E5FA7BC222F1.jpeg

And hello airport hotel!

58E1D947-40DA-4191-9ED2-BB8EF9E541B8.jpeg

6322812B-E75F-4EE1-980E-25DB5E870A48.jpeg

2ECD6821-52CB-4265-BBD8-3C27D659BB2D.jpeg

We’re currently watching the planes take off (runway view from the hotel!) with drinks in hand. That will be us tomorrow!

We’re on our way Jerome and Alisa!!

dclfan

Hello all,

I’m sitting here eagerly waiting for @Ariel1986 and Russ to land. I know they are landing in Orlando and I still have to wait until Tuesday morning to see them but I’m still excited to know they are in florida and only 1 hour and 1/2 away.

I’m so ready to be in Disney eating at Ohana and exploring the new Toy Story Land. Only 2 more sleeps until the reunion and 4 more sleeps until Check in to our beauty and the beards, smoked turkey extravaganza at the Carribean Beach.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
We are heeeeeeeere! And slightly delirious! :joyfull:

Been up since 5am and it’s now midnight our time but we’re trying to stay awake as long as possible. Currently laying in our Pop refurbed room bed and suuuuuuper happy and sleepy. I’ll update the day properly in the morning! Goodnight all! :happy::joyfull:

Ariel1986

Original Poster
So I’m awake! We managed to stay awake until 10pm and by this time we were starting to talk incoherently so we thought it was time to go to sleep! I woke up a couple of times with the I’m-in-Disney-butterflies in my stomach but apart from that I don’t think we did too bad! We might just of switched into the right sleep pattern.

So, yesterday! Our flight was at 11.45am and departed on time. It was actually a pretty smooth flight and went quite quick surprisingly. We ended up with a row to ourselves which allowed us to stretch out making things a bit more comfortable. If you’ve seen the Key & Peele sketch Continental Traveller we kept referencing it with our “extra legroom” :joyfull:

Not our plane but one of the fleet!

638F2722-9110-4615-AB69-5960BD7A3BF7.jpeg

There’s ours!

72A8EA88-6330-4542-BF4B-301A1342E557.jpeg

Bye England!

CC747831-E9A9-4332-B48F-891E04023F4A.jpeg

50D94942-4708-40A9-9380-6073AFFCA80A.jpeg

Russ wasn’t ready for the photo :p

EB416F88-8329-478B-B04F-AAA29DA736CA.jpeg

Almost there!

01407576-1112-4F52-A3DA-47C442FFA940.jpeg

I see you Florida! :D

39D5B866-892A-42DD-9DB8-F46118543931.jpeg

We actually landed an hour early so the flight was 8 hours not 9- but we ended up having to wait on the plane 25 mins at the gate as customs wanted us to wait. There were no ques when we got to customs though & it wasn’t too long a wait for our luggage. So before we knew it we were on the monorail! You know you’re home when you get on this to the main terminal!

Only slightly tired & hungover! :joyfull:

AB185992-D3B5-45B0-B45C-6E77F92585E7.jpeg

Ariel1986

Original Poster
And on to the Magical Express! We walked through the main terminal to the check in area taking in the fact we were finally here! And letting Alisa and Jerome know we had arrived. There was hardly anyone there which was great. And once we were outside- wow it is hot!! A bit different to December!

97C06288-0E85-473D-86CE-924B5B4C8D75.jpeg

We got straight on the bus! We didn’t have to wait too long either and before we knew it we were off to Pop Century! It had started raining but had stopped within about ten minutes.

There it is!!

87DC3044-9994-45AC-9305-DA7C7B7AE8BD.jpeg

First sight of a Disney bus!

CBBA0945-46F9-4A38-93A5-570891CA7385.jpeg

Hello Pop!

2B535747-1483-4495-BAF0-5634EAD8F1BF.jpeg

We didn’t have to wait long to check in and found out we had a room near the Bowling pool and it was refurbed!

533E5F2D-2910-4016-90DE-338A6C05CF37.jpeg

Look what was left! It’s a sign @dclfan Beauty & the Beards time is almost here!

9D4CC3E4-4DCE-4E57-B474-8C621F0D17B2.jpeg

We’re heeeeere! :D

030AFF3E-00F6-4C84-99F9-C02911677780.png

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Once we’d got to our room and put our bags down we decided to go for a little walk as although we were exhausted we felt like some fresh air and to try and stay up a little longer since it was only around 6pm.

C02DEF07-297E-4676-8CD3-5BE8AC39B73A.jpeg

4EA62B0C-9589-4E0D-B073-404CE70DE885.jpeg

9CDCCA67-DE40-4C06-ACBA-ADD11FA93116.jpeg

We had a little wonder around Pop and the shop in the main hall and then decided to head over to Art of Animation. I’ve never stayed at any of the values apart from AoA before so it was new to us to explore Pop. Pleasently surprised! Enjoyed wondering around the different buildings and it seemed fairly quiet! Even with the activities going on at the main pool.

Once we’d got to AoA & had a look around their shop we decided to grab a drink at the pool bar. Frozen Jack Daniel & Coke machines?! Yes please! Sounded perfect right now in this heat and jet lag haze!

7CD2F62F-93DC-49FE-B1C1-10EE059F3F5E.jpeg

We realised about half way through that we were on our last legs though and suddenly our bed seemed miles away! What had we done walking over here? :joyfull:

So we paid up and started making our way back to Pop. On the walk back we spotted this duck leading her tribe! I was obsessed in my jet lag & Jack Daniels haze with these little guys! It was so funny they walked for ages it was like they were on their own little Disney vacation! :joyfull:

D576A65C-3F97-4AEB-91D3-390785E94C15.jpeg

3005F5E5-7D5C-415B-BA52-C4164873B5FF.jpeg

We did stop at Pop’s food court for a meal to share which ended up being chicken parm- and which we ate at the table in our room before showering and going to bed. We watched tv and stayed awake a few more hours (and of course I was messaging a lot back and forth with Alisa!) before heading into Disney dream land and ready for our first full day in Florida! :inlove:

meggo819

Following along!

Just curious about beverage options in the food court at Pop...have you noticed if there are milk dispensers? We're going in September with our 15-month-old and I'm wondering if we'll have to buy milk for her, or if we can get it with our refillable mugs. Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Following along!

Just curious about beverage options in the food court at Pop...have you noticed if there are milk dispensers? We're going in September with our 15-month-old and I'm wondering if we'll have to buy milk for her, or if we can get it with our refillable mugs. Thanks!
You will have to purchase milk. Milk dispensers are not available at any Disney food court.

Spash007

Love your enthusiasm, definitely reading along!

Also, looking forward to hearing about the status of Caribbean beach - we're scheduled to stay there in December and I'm hoping most of it will be done.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Following along!

Thanks for following! I think Tuvalu has answered your question!

Love your enthusiasm, definitely reading along!

Also, looking forward to hearing about the status of Caribbean beach - we're scheduled to stay there in December and I'm hoping most of it will be done.

Thanks! Can’t help but be excited about Disney!

I’m looking forward to checking into Caribbean and seeing how it is too! I’ll be sure to update you.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
So we were pretty much the only ones in Disney Springs of course! It made for a nice walkthrough though :happy:

F965AE98-D24F-4DFE-881B-7AC8C6B6323E.jpeg

I grabbed a Starbucks (which was open!) and we then decided to walk up Hotel Plaza Blvd to the crossroads shopping plaza to wonder around the supermarket (our first day in the US tradition). Also because our first trip here together we stayed on Hotel Plaza Blvd and this is what we did then- so it’s reminiscing.

I always love this sign! Just as much as the one the ME drives under I think!

07E974D0-5AC9-4E34-A554-8A0CE04415BF.jpeg

2C8F2048-6489-425F-9D5C-B14467FDA461.jpeg

Man is it hot! I mean of course it is, but wow it is hot! We then headed back to Disney Springs as it would be opening and also I was meeting a friend who works for Kingdom Konsultants and has booked several of my trips as well as becoming a friend over the years now. She’s here with her son so it was nice to chat for a while in some air conditioning! We met at Earl of Sandwich so her son could eat breakfast. It was a nice half an hour or so!

Then Russ and I wondered Disney Springs since everything was now open!

2D5D721F-6052-43C5-9A4B-24FC926A9038.jpeg

Just window shopping except for THIS which I have been planning to buy since it was announced a week or so ago!

3A2A7D35-57EE-4C29-AC46-F6EE281DC4A1.jpeg

I love it!! My magicband for the trip.

After wondering- and melting- we decided to try BB Wolfe’s for an early lunch/snack but it wasn’t open yet! So we headed back to Earls to share a sandwich. We got the Full Montagu which had beef, turkey, bacon and Swiss cheese. It did the job!

500B5715-D5DF-4254-A311-0C823CE3F002.jpeg

1FA89384-D96E-47AB-AFF8-69A1CAB9C025.jpeg

After this we picked up our rental car at the Buena Vista Palace Hotel before driving to a bigger supermarket for beers, water and chips!

A070B1DB-6D1B-43BE-AB4C-9BDA0D04FA74.jpeg

Fridge now stocked we’re back at Pop chilling before we head out to Disney Springs later.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Looks like it might rain!

61F152E8-6A6D-473B-84A9-3CC6F642ED76.jpeg

Edison’s for the first round!

AA2155E4-BBBD-433F-9E0B-7626E22270F9.jpeg

That clock makes me want to break into songs from Wicked the Musical! :joyfull:

FD80BE8D-5B6D-49C5-87F1-FE29A2F49B59.jpeg

BDE92B8D-A99F-4DC6-B0D6-791C58DF96EC.jpeg

069121BD-D021-42BF-B719-00A88C2EBEDE.jpeg

Going for a Samantha Sterling- it’s my namesake how could I not?!

AEAE6DE3-2FF1-4A6D-8F39-022DBE958A55.jpeg

2ECA9D65-D0D6-45EF-9EF6-D456BB5365A4.jpeg

My drink

8F6BD462-1612-41AF-865A-69E6B9950314.jpeg

Russ went for an Old Fashioned. I had a taste- it’s good!

80401F49-74BB-4056-A891-EB2C6E836E8F.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom