News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

DisneyDebRob

How many times do you expect to see the beauty and the beast sing along?

I mean for what it’s worth I would have never imagined I would wait in line for a frozen sing along and yet...
I was so wrong on the frozen sing along that it taught me not to criticize, as much as I want or bad as something sounds,I’ll wait until I experience it myself.
Whelp, it’s an opinion. There are also people who think Marvel movies are real cinema. ;)
They are. 🙂

gustaftp

again, seeing the real historical thing is different from seeing a film on the historical thing.
I heard you the first time. And you are still incorrect. ;);)

IdF was meant for the type of person who would prefer to spend a day at the Musee D'Orsay over the Parc Astérix. But even if one prefers thrills or cartoons over timeless beauty doesn't mean that timeless beauty shouldn't still be celebrated. As Victor Hugo said, "A breath of Paris preserves the soul." Except, apparently, your soul. French culture is boring. All hail IPCOT!

Last edited:

gustaftp

Side question but why not just go to Paris to see the real thing? Heck it probably cost less than a trip to Disney.
I did -- many times now. I can't be the only person who wanted to visit France -- and then did -- after seeing IdF.

Films like IdF are, in a sense, a call to action. The whole point of the World Showcase was to get you to participate in the world around you. Does anyone reckon that a BatB sing along will inspire those same sorts of feelings?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I did -- many times now. I can't be the only person who wanted to visit France -- and then did -- after seeing IdF.

Films like IdF are, in a sense, a call to action. The whole point of the World Showcase was to get you to participate in the world around you. Does anyone reckon that a BatB sing along will inspire those same sorts of feelings?
Prob make me want to have a cinnamon roll.

Movielover

Who knows, a child may discover that they like to sing while watching it and then develop their skills and grow up to be a famous singer or actor. That's the same thing as your example. Actually that's even more than yours since they would develop a career instead of just simply visiting a city that smells like urine... ;)

lazyboy97o

It’s rather amazing how many fans of theme parks are just sort of instinctively disgusted, angered and annoyed by the idea that themed entertainment can be thoughtful and aspirational.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It’s rather amazing how many fans of theme parks are just sort of instinctively disgusted, angered and annoyed by the idea that themed entertainment can be thoughtful and aspirational.
And dare I say it.... mature.
They are fans of amusement parks. WDW, for all its problems, is still the biggest and best amusement park complex in the world.

the idea of a theme park being aspirational, inspirational, etc....is foreign. Give me my ADRs, my FP+, my spreadsheets, and let me ride dem character rides.

Can’t even really blame WDI or TDO, people are lapping this stuff up.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Indeed. And if they wanted to keep the possibility of inspiring people to be curious about France (or at least Paris), they could have done Hunchback of Notre Dame. While BatB takes place in France (which we know because Lumiere tells us), it doesn't need to, and the attraction will be narrated by...a Brit.

trainplane3

It's strictly because of the Norway movie that still I want to visit that country. After 5 year old me saw it, he went home and started to look for more info on Norway. One day I'll visit it. Actually, all of the Nordic countries too (especially Denmark because Lego).

I'd say that had a pretty impactful effect.

FerretAfros

So, Impressions de France's limited operating hours are due to the sing-along running until 7pm.

But the sing-along doesn't start until 11am, which is when World Showcase officially opens. Presumably when Ratatouille opens, it will operate for the park's entire operating day, beginning at 9am. Additionally, the bakery in the France pavilion already opens at 9am. Paired with the increased foot traffic coming through International Gateway due to the new Skyliner hotel connections, it might make sense to open the entire France pavilion at that time. With far lower operating costs than a live-ish show (whose cast already has an 8-hour work day), there is a lot of appeal to adding a couple hours of Impressions de France early in the morning to help soak up crowds in the pavilion.

This also raises the question of whether this may finally be the time for all of World Showcase to open with the rest of the park. Norway already opens early, and presumably a large chunk of France will too. Physically, about 2/3 of the promenade around the lagoon is open to foot traffic, so why not connect the circle? Sure, they could phase the hours of some of the shops and restaurants, but why not finally have the attractions open all day?

Particularly with so much of Future World behind walls for the foreseeable future, this seems like a great opportunity rethink the park's oddly set-in-stone operating hours. Sure, the majority of guests will stay in Future World in the morning, but this would help distribute the load more evenly across the limited and ever-changing infrastructure.

aladdin2007

So, Impressions de France's limited operating hours are due to the sing-along running until 7pm.

But the sing-along doesn't start until 11am, which is when World Showcase officially opens. Presumably when Ratatouille opens, it will operate for the park's entire operating day, beginning at 9am. Additionally, the bakery in the France pavilion already opens at 9am. Paired with the increased foot traffic coming through International Gateway due to the new Skyliner hotel connections, it might make sense to open the entire France pavilion at that time. With far lower operating costs than a live-ish show (whose cast already has an 8-hour work day), there is a lot of appeal to adding a couple hours of Impressions de France early in the morning to help soak up crowds in the pavilion.

This also raises the question of whether this may finally be the time for all of World Showcase to open with the rest of the park. Norway already opens early, and presumably a large chunk of France will too. Physically, about 2/3 of the promenade around the lagoon is open to foot traffic, so why not connect the circle? Sure, they could phase the hours of some of the shops and restaurants, but why not finally have the attractions open all day?

Particularly with so much of Future World behind walls for the foreseeable future, this seems like a great opportunity rethink the park's oddly set-in-stone operating hours. Sure, the majority of guests will stay in Future World in the morning, but this would help distribute the load more evenly across the limited and ever-changing infrastructure.

I agree with this in full and well stated. You have more paying guests now than ever because of the reasons above, yet everything remains locked and shuttered till 11...people could be spending in the UK, France, Canada, Mexico etc, but everything is closed and roped off and they are forced to stand around or back track. Its a rip off to the guest and a loss on money that Disney could be making. Its def time it gets changed.

Kevin_W

Well, since its in a pavillion and not the country its the closest you'll get at the park. Besides, the films were supposed to inspire you to visit the actual country, not act as a replacement. (Its why some of the pavilions had desks from the department of tourism in them originally)

It worked for me. When we visited France we made the trip out to Normandy to see Mont St. Michel largely from seeing it in IdF.

Epcot_Imagineer

My apologies for not getting to post this earlier — but I was in the parks and try to stay away from my phone on the rare times I’m down there. This picture was taken in front of the entrance to IdF/Sing-Along on Monday. I saw an important looking person with an important looking stack of papers and decided to nab a pic. Anyone with CSI computer “enhance” powers please take a crack at it.

I saw the WDI logo and knew it was likely someone here would like a look at it.

Attachments

• 9213284C-8F1C-49A9-94BB-7CC6B7F9CCC7.jpeg
    9213284C-8F1C-49A9-94BB-7CC6B7F9CCC7.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 197

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My apologies for not getting to post this earlier — but I was in the parks and try to stay away from my phone on the rare times I’m down there. This picture was taken in front of the entrance to IdF/Sing-Along on Monday. I saw an important looking person with an important looking stack of papers and decided to nab a pic. Anyone with CSI computer “enhance” powers please take a crack at it.

I saw the WDI logo and knew it was likely someone here would like a look at it.
Looks like a cast information guide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom