News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Considering I live behind Magic Kingdom and am an AP, I think I know WDW can be considered a local hangout. The fact you're getting so terribly defensive over my comments, which are indeed true, shows that I am right and you're wrong. Look I think TOT is one of the greatest attractions WDI has ever made but let's not pretend it's not just a heavily themes drop tower or that pirates isn't anything more than a heavily themed boat ride. Your augment has obvious flaws but you're too strung out on the high horse to admit it. And for the record, as a born and proud Tarheel native....Carowinds sucks. That's not something I'd claim proudly tbh

Carowinds does suck. I didn’t say it didn’t. Which is why your argument about “you can find these at your local theme park” does not work. I’m not as much offended as you are saying as I am more amused by these arguments.

WondersOfLife

Honestly, I've been shocked IDF has lasted as long as it has and though I have little faith it would be done well, I would be fine with a tasteful, quality update. I just hate subtraction in the parks rather than good new stuff or plussing the existing stuff. And this feels like the beginning of the end, Martin's statement that a new one is coming notwithstanding. This feels like the perfect excuse for them not to do it. We shall see.

I agree.

Kman101

Because I’m able to accept change and not say things like “EPCOT IS DEAD” when they decide to add a second film to the France Pavilion or update Illuminations. Not every change is good like Figment. But I would welcome change more than I would want things to stay the same.

I go back to Disney again and again to experience the old but also see the new. If nothing changes I would be less interested. We can’t keep living in the 80’s when Epcot first opened.

You do you. Have a good day. (FWIW, I don't live in the past either but the dismissive attitude is sad).

lazyboy97o

Because I’m able to accept change and not say things like “EPCOT IS DEAD” when they decide to add a second film to the France Pavilion or update Illuminations. Not every change is good like Figment. But I would welcome change more than I would want things to stay the same.

I go back to Disney again and again to experience the old but also see the new. If nothing changes I would be less interested. We can’t keep living in the 80’s when Epcot first opened.
How is making decisions based on storytelling for a storytelling medium a dated, 80s concept?

Prototype82

I hope the sing a long will take over the theatre full time. Out with the old - in with the new.
I mean, if you honestly feel like a sing-along is the best way to represent the country of France, I respect your odd opinion.

China's music... unmemorable.
Agree to disagree. I feel like the score captures the hustle and bustle, and the way the orchestra swells in the Forbidden City scene always gives me chills.

Last edited:

Kman101

We’ll learn a ton about France during the sing-a-long.

We’ll learn that they can sing.
We’ll learn that they can dance.
We’ll learn that dinner there is never second best.

Those are just 3 examples.

LOL I love it! :hilarious:

I don't think people quite understand the idea of "edutainment". We're not asking to be sat down and taught lessons like in school ...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is there really an update for IdF underway? First I've heard that...

This...

Impressions de France: the placement of the Rat ride would not necessitate any changes to IdF or any of France's restaurants or shops, however, that doesn't mean a separate decision could affect them, e.g, updated the IdF [here]​
  • in fact, a "new" film is penciled in for 2020 [here]
    • IdF's projection system was just updated Spring of 2018 (no new film yet)

Is from here... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/

Tavernacle12

I have never heard a single person EVER say... "I'm so excited to go to Epcot today so that I can go see Impressions de France!" Nope. It has never happened. You'd be lying if you said you have said it. At the most, it's a "Hey we're passing by it. Let's check it out again just for the heck of it" kind of attraction. That is NOT the same comparison as pirates or tower of terror. What is wrong with you.

I literally said this the last time I went to Epcot. I missed the first showing available after I’d arrive so I planned the next hour or so around seeing it, got some ice cream and hung out around France waiting for the next showing. Then I saw it a second time before I left for the day.

I like it more than Pirates and Tower, and go on it more often.

They’re not ‘updating’ IllumiNations they’re murdering IllumiNations. They didn’t ‘update’ 20,000 Leagues to add Be Our Guest, they bulldozed 20,000 Leagues and then eventually replaced it wholly with something different. Soarin got updated. Test Track got updated. Snow White’s Scary Adventure and Mr. Toad, like IllumiNations, got bulldozed. They no longer exist in any way. They were not ‘updated.’

Modern Disney seems to be unable to add anything without destroying something first. Ratatouie and Trom. believe, are the only attractions that aren’t taking the place of a prior one. They’re making billions of dollars and basically own an entire city, and yet they refuse to actually add anything new.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We’ll learn a ton about France during the sing-a-long.

We’ll learn that they can sing.
We’ll learn that they can dance.
We’ll learn that dinner there is never second best.

Those are just 3 examples.

You learn more when going to the country itself. ;) I'll just keep most of those things learned to myself, so as to not derail this thread (any further), save for this - The Croque Monsieur served at Be Our Guest is not an authentic representation. Not saying it's bad, but it's not authentic at all.

Just waiting for the next dance party to be announced for World Showcase, because those fit so well...

WondersOfLife

I literally said this the last time I went to Epcot. I missed the first showing available after I’d arrive so I planned the next hour or so around seeing it, got some ice cream and hung out around France waiting for the next showing. Then I saw it a second time before I left for the day.
That's cool. I still haven't heard anyone say that, though.

Bocabear

You learn more when going to the country itself. ;) I'll just keep most of those things learned to myself, so as to not derail this thread (any further), save for this - The Croque Monsieur served at Be Our Guest is not an authentic representation. Not saying it's bad, but it's not authentic at all.

Just waiting for the next dance party to be announced for World Showcase, because those fit so well...
Ok
I will say it.... It's Bad... It's grilled ham and cheese on wheat bread...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This...

Impressions de France: the placement of the Rat ride would not necessitate any changes to IdF or any of France's restaurants or shops, however, that doesn't mean a separate decision could affect them, e.g, updated the IdF [here]​

• in fact, a "new" film is penciled in for 2020 [here]
    • IdF's projection system was just updated Spring of 2018 (no new film yet)

Is from here... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/
2022 now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom