News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You can watch Beauty & the Beast at home too. You can even sing along with it if you so desire.

But yeah really if you are going to use that logic, just sit and watch clips of Beauty and the Beast on your phone and belt out the songs. Same experience.
I agree with you. I have not commented on the sing-along show coming in. I don't have an opinion on it until it actually opens up. If it has the same quality as the Frozen show, then I can have an argument against you. Because the improv actors are remarkably entertaining and that's something you cannot get out of watching a movie at home.

As a theatre major at NGU, my peers and I have discussed several times that watching a live production on a screen is not the same as watching it in person, reflecting off of the laughter and reactions of others around you. This would be my argument, if it is a good quality show. Because there are no reactions, specifically to IDF, because generally nobody is interested in the film. Unlike other films. At least in the circle vision films, you can see people looking around behind them or something.

But, again, it has not come out yet. So I have no opinion. If it has the same quality of, say, the Up bird show, then I would much rather IDF stay put as it is.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This is a matter of opinion and taste. From the responses here, it's clear a good number of people are excited to watch and rewatch IdF. And I'm one of them, even though I'm also looking forward to the singalong.
You are correct. It is a matter of opinion and taste. I am merely speaking, as I have repeatedly said, for the majority of theme park guests. I'm not even speaking for myself. Personally, I have absolutely no opinion on IDF. But I can definitely see why the majority of people would make it a "skip" attraction.

For instance... I absolutely LOOOOVE the Country Bear Jamboree. But I'm not close-minded enough to realize that it is definitely not everyone's cup of tea. And I am observant enough to notice that most people honestly don't care for it. Does that affect my own opinion? No. Am I going to get butt hurt over the fact that everyone else doesn't care much for it? No. I don't care.

If you enjoy IDF, fine. But no one should be close-minded enough to realize that it is a large space that is housing an attraction people only use to take a break off their feet, much like they did for Energy. It's a waste of space, in that context.

Lucky

You are correct. It is a matter of opinion and taste. I am merely speaking, as I have repeatedly said, for the majority of theme park guests. I'm not even speaking for myself. Personally, I have absolutely no opinion on IDF. But I can definitely see why the majority of people would make it a "skip" attraction.

For instance... I absolutely LOOOOVE the Country Bear Jamboree. But I'm not close-minded enough to realize that it is definitely not everyone's cup of tea. And I am observant enough to notice that most people honestly don't care for it. Does that affect my own opinion? No. Am I going to get butt hurt over the fact that everyone else doesn't care much for it? No. I don't care.

If you enjoy IDF, fine. But no one should be close-minded enough to realize that it is a large space that is housing an attraction people only use to take a break off their feet, much like they did for Energy. It's a waste of space, in that context.
Right, no one should be close-minded enough to disagree with your opinion.

LittleBuford

As a fellow fan of the Country Bears (obviously!), I understand what you're saying. What I took issue with was your suggestion that no-one outside this forum remains excited for IdF. Without asking every single guest their feelings on the matter, one cannot know what percentage of park-goers enjoy and look forward to the film--I doubt the forum is representative, but there may be more fans out there than you realise.

I do agree with you, however, that IdF lacks the popularity of other kinds of offerings, and one can hardly blame Disney for addressing this issue.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Given modern Epcot's love of festivals, booths and street entertainment, a "Topsy Turvy" space with just those things sounds like a much better idea.

MuteSuperstar

Your movie does not have any physical elements being missed.

Sure it does. The theater, the giant screen, the big sound. Other people if you're into that sort of thing.

I have a projector and 106" screen at home and it's awesome and still wows me after 10 years, but I don't kid myself and say it's the same experience as a truly large format theater.

Honestly, I've been shocked IDF has lasted as long as it has and though I have little faith it would be done well, I would be fine with a tasteful, quality update. I just hate subtraction in the parks rather than good new stuff or plussing the existing stuff. And this feels like the beginning of the end, Martin's statement that a new one is coming notwithstanding. This feels like the perfect excuse for them not to do it. We shall see.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Not sometimes, most times. I've been to each and every country represented in world showcase, but I still enjoy it. I guess your comment means no one should care if all of world showcase is bulldozed.
That's not what I meant. World showcase is seeing that in person, now is it? Same goes for being at world showcase during a sunset. Watching a video of both or any location is not the same as actually experiencing it, which is why I want to go to wdw despite me seeing so many ride videos of the place. It's just not the same and it does not have the same impact as viewing in person does.
Now please, I said it once, and I will say it again, don't missquote, don't assume. One of my biggest pet peeves really. I could go on, but I won't.

Br’er Rabbit

[Q

You're right. There is a massive overreaction, and your post is one of them. It's really bizarre how some people's heads seem to explode at those who loved Epcot of old. Why does it bother some of you so much? We all love the parks in different ways. Nothing wrong with that. Try being less abrasive and rude. But you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

How'd you like all of your posts to be followed up with the same reaction you just gave? I doubt you'd like it very much. And on the flip side, sometimes yes it does feel like you're ostracized if you like anything they're doing currently. It'd be nice to find a middle ground with each other ...

Because I’m able to accept change and not say things like “EPCOT IS DEAD” when they decide to add a second film to the France Pavilion or update Illuminations. Not every change is good like Figment. But I would welcome change more than I would want things to stay the same.

I go back to Disney again and again to experience the old but also see the new. If nothing changes I would be less interested. We can’t keep living in the 80’s when Epcot first opened.

TangledUpInKnots

:rolleyes:

So, IP is bad unless it’s your favorite?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wait, there’s a refined visitor? It’s still a theme park, not the opera.

Or maybe the Holocaust Museum is not a theme park.

This board, sometimes...:bored:

So, IP is bad unless it’s your favorite?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wait, there’s a refined visitor? It’s still a theme park, not the opera.

Or maybe the Holocaust Museum is not a theme park.

This board, sometimes...:bored:
Definitely not what I said. IP is not bad, and in fact I even said I liked beauty and the beast. I think there is such a thing as overusing the same IP which are all examples I gave. I also think there is a time and a place for it. Notice I even said or anything else (meaning anything not overused or original IP made for parks would be great) A single IP doesn't need to be in every park and I certainly don't need several Belle shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom